Background and activities
Mass Spectrometry based Metabolomics (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab/metabolomics), Microbial Physiology, Carbon and Energy Metabolism of Cancer
Scientific leader of NT-faculty Mass Spectrometry lab (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab)
Current projects (ongoing and staring in 2016):
NFR/ Era-IB: “TERPENOSOME - Engineered compartments for monoterpenoid production using synthetic biology” (Jul14 - Jun17)
NFR/ Era-SysApp: “WINESYS – GMO free systems optimization of wine yeast for wine production by massive scale directed evolution” (Jul15 – Jun18)
NFR Digital Life/ Biotek2021: “DigiSal – Towards the Digital Salmon: From a reactive to e pre-emptive research strategy in aquaculture” (Jan16 - Dec19)
NFR Digital Life/ Biotek 2021: “INBioPharm - Integrated Novel Natural Product Discovery and Production Platform for Accelerated Biopharmaceutical Innovation from Microbial Biodiversity” (Jan16 - Dec19)
NTNU Enabling Biotechnology: “Development and Application of Fluxomics tools for the study of cellular phenotypes” (Aug15-Jul19)
NFR/ Era-IB: “Zfuels – A novel bacterial system with integrated micro-bubble distillation for the production of acetaldehyde “ (Mar16-Feb19)
NTNU MedTek: “Novel cancer targets and drugs from high-throughput molecular and systems biology” (2011 – ongoing collaboration with professor Marit Otterlei, IKM, DMF; NTNU)
IBT NTNU: “Genetic and molecular investigation of Norwegian Farmhouse Ale yeasts” (2013 – ongoing MSc projects)
ad hoc Metabolomics/ Fluxomics/ Lipidomics projects (NT-faculty, NTNU, National, International)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Fast filtration sampling protocol for mammalian suspension cells tailored for phosphometabolome profiling by capillary ion chromatography - tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of chromatography. B. vol. 998-999.
- (2015) Fluxome study of Pseudomonas fluorescens reveals major reorganisation of carbon flux through central metabolic pathways in response to inactivation of the anti-sigma factor MucA. BMC Systems Biology. vol. 9:6.
- (2015) Transcriptional regulation of lipid accumulation in phosphorus limited Nannochloropsis oceanica. European journal of phycology. vol. 50.
- (2015) Biological control of Botrytis cinerea and plant growth promotion potential by Penicillim citrinum in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Biocontrol science and technology (Print). vol. 25 (7).
- (2014) Increased anticancer efficacy of intravesical mitomycin C therapy when combined with a PCNA targeting peptide. Translational Oncology. vol. 7 (6).
- (2014) Untargeted metabolomic analysis of urine samples in the diagnosis of some inherited metabolic disorders. Biomedical Papers of the Faculty of Medicine of Palacky University. vol. 158.
- (2014) Assessment of capillary anion exchange ion chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for the quantitative profiling of the phosphometabolome and organic acids in biological extracts. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1370.
- (2014) Development of hyperspectral imaging as a bio-optical taxonomic tool for pigmented marine organisms. Organisms Diversity & Evolution. vol. 14 (2).
- (2013) Mapping global effects of the anti-sigma factor MucA in Pseudomonas fluorescens SBW25 through genome-scale metabolic modeling. BMC Systems Biology. vol. 7 (19).
- (2013) Stable isotope coded derivatizing reagents as internal standards in metabolite profiling. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1296.
- (2013) Investigating alginate production and carbon utilization in Pseudomonas fluorescens SBW25 using mass spectrometry-based metabolic profiling. Metabolomics. vol. 9 (2).
- (2013) Large scale MALDI-TOF MS based taxa identification to identify novel pigment producers in a marine bacterial culture collection. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology. vol. 103 (3).
- (2012) Characterization of airborne bacteria at an underground subway station. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 78 (6).
- (2012) Pigmentation and Spectral Absorbance Signatures in Deep-Water Corals from the Trondheimsfjord, Norway. Marine Drugs. vol. 10 (6).
- (2012) Targeted metabolomic analysis of plasma samples for the diagnosis of inherited metabolic disorders. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1226.
- (2012) Utilization of a deuterated derivatization agent to synthesize internal standards for gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry quantification of silylated metabolites. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1247.
- (2012) Ralstonia sp U2 naphthalene dioxygenase and Comamonas sp JS765 nitrobenzene dioxygenase show differences in activity towards methylated naphthalenes. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering. vol. 113 (2).
- (2012) Optimized submerged batch fermentation strategy for systems scale studies of metabolic switching in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). BMC Systems Biology. vol. 6 (59).
- (2012) Intracellular metabolite pool changes in response to nutrient depletion induced metabolic switching in Streptomyces coelicolor. Metabolites. vol. 2.
- (2011) Two-dimensional LC-MS fractioning and cross-matching of mass spectrometric data for rational identification of bioactive compounds in crude extracts. Journal of Separation Science. vol. 34 (23).