Background and activities
Mass Spectrometry based Metabolomics (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab/metabolomics), Microbial Physiology, Carbon and Energy Metabolism of Cancer
Scientific leader of NT-faculty Mass Spectrometry lab (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab)
Current main projects:
1.Microbial model systems
- Metabolite pool and carbon flux studies in alginate producing
- Baker's yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae (both basic research
on physiologyand metabolism, but also beer brewing)
- Terpenoid production in Escherichia coli (Era-IB project)
2. Carbon- and Energy Metabolism in human cells
- «Exploring the ninety-year old Warburg-effect using modern technology»
3. External collaborations in Metabolomics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Increased anticancer efficacy of intravesical mitomycin C therapy when combined with a PCNA targeting peptide. Translational Oncology. vol. 7 (6).
- (2014) Untargeted metabolomic analysis of urine samples in the diagnosis of some inherited metabolic disorders. Biomedical Papers of the Faculty of Medicine of Palacký University. vol. 158.
- (2014) Assessment of capillary anion exchange ion chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for the quantitative profiling of the phosphometabolome and organic acids in biological extracts. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1370.
- (2014) Development of hyperspectral imaging as a bio-optical taxonomic tool for pigmented marine organisms. Organisms Diversity & Evolution. vol. 14 (2).
- (2013) Mapping global effects of the anti-sigma factor MucA in Pseudomonas fluorescens SBW25 through genome-scale metabolic modeling. BMC Systems Biology. vol. 7 (19).
- (2013) Stable isotope coded derivatizing reagents as internal standards in metabolite profiling. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1296.
- (2013) Investigating alginate production and carbon utilization in Pseudomonas fluorescens SBW25 using mass spectrometry-based metabolic profiling. Metabolomics. vol. 9 (2).
- (2013) Large scale MALDI-TOF MS based taxa identification to identify novel pigment producers in a marine bacterial culture collection. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. vol. 103 (3).
- (2012) Characterization of airborne bacteria at an underground subway station. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 78 (6).
- (2012) Pigmentation and Spectral Absorbance Signatures in Deep-Water Corals from the Trondheimsfjord, Norway. Marine Drugs. vol. 10 (6).
- (2012) Targeted metabolomic analysis of plasma samples for the diagnosis of inherited metabolic disorders. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1226.
- (2012) Utilization of a deuterated derivatization agent to synthesize internal standards for gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry quantification of silylated metabolites. Journal of Chromatography A. vol. 1247.
- (2012) Ralstonia sp U2 naphthalene dioxygenase and Comamonas sp JS765 nitrobenzene dioxygenase show differences in activity towards methylated naphthalenes. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering. vol. 113 (2).
- (2012) Optimized submerged batch fermentation strategy for systems scale studies of metabolic switching in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). BMC Systems Biology. vol. 6 (59).
- (2012) Intracellular metabolite pool changes in response to nutrient depletion induced metabolic switching in Streptomyces coelicolor. Metabolites. vol. 2.
- (2011) Two-dimensional LC-MS fractioning and cross-matching of mass spectrometric data for rational identification of bioactive compounds in crude extracts. Journal of Separation Science. vol. 34 (23).
- (2011) Highly sensitive GC/MS/MS method for quantitation of amino and nonamino organic acids. Analytical Chemistry. vol. 83.
- (2011) A new high resolution screening method for study of phenotype stress responses of Saccharomyces cerevisae mutants. Journal of Microbiological Methods. vol. 87 (3).
- (2011) Assessment of resistomycin, as an anticancer compound isolated and characterized from Streptomyces aurantiacus AAA5. Journal of Microbiology. vol. 49 (6).
- (2010) Unsymmetrical zinc azaphthalocyanines, peripherally substituted with thiophen-2-yl and 2-functionalized phenoxy groups. Polyhedron. vol. 29 (17).