Background and activities
My research area: Nanophotonic Devices and Materials
In 2005 I was appointed professor in nanoelectronics, nanophotonics and nanomagnetics as part of our University's strategic focus on nanotechnology. At the Institute for Electronics and Telecommunications I now lead a research group that fabricates and characterizes nano-scale semiconductor materials like nanowires containing single quantum dots. We fabricate our nanostructures with a molecular beam epitaxy system at our institute together with professor Bjørn-Ove Fimland. I study also applications of nanomaterials in optical devices such as solar cells, lasers, and sensors. Of particular interest is the electrical and optical characterization of these nano systems using techniques such as nano-luminescence microscopy.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Rectifying Single GaAsSb Nanowire Devices Based on Self-Induced Compositional Gradients. Nano letters (Print). vol. 15 (6).
- (2014) In-situ electrical and structural characterization of individual GaAs nanowires. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 522.
- (2014) Position-Controlled Uniform GaAs Nanowires on Silicon using Nanoimprint Lithography. Nano letters (Print). vol. 14 (2).
- (2014) Inducing a direct-to-pseudodirect bandgap transition in wurtzite GaAs nanowires with uniaxial stress. Nature Communications. vol. 5 (3655).
- (2013) Comparison of Be-doped GaAs nanowires grown by Au- and Ga-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 378.
- (2013) Controlling crystal phases in GaAs nanowires grown by Au-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Nanotechnology. vol. 24 (1).
- (2013) Self-catalyzed MBE grown GaAs/GaAsxSb1-x core-shell nanowires in ZB and WZ crystal structures. Nanotechnology. vol. 24 (40).
- (2013) Compositional characterization of GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires by quantitative HAADF-STEM. Micron. vol. 44.
- (2013) Polarization dependent photocurrent spectroscopy of single wurtzite GaAs/AlGaAs core-shell nanowires. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 102 (14:142107).
- (2013) Numerical Analysis and Device Optimization of Radial p-n Junction GaAs/AlGaAs Core-Shell Nanowire Solar Cells. Numerical Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices (NUSOD), International Conference.
- (2013) Crystal phase engineering in self-catalyzed GaAs and GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires grown on Si(111). Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 372.
- (2013) Advances in semiconductor nanowire growth on graphene. Physica Status Solidi. Rapid Research Letters. vol. 7 (10).
- (2013) The effects of Sb concentration variation on the optical properties of GaAsSb/GaAs heterostructured nanowires. Semiconductor Science and Technology. vol. 28 (11).
- (2013) Electrical, optical and structural properties of Al-doped ZnO thin films grown on GaAs(111)B substrates by pulsed laser deposition. Thin Solid Films. vol. 545.
- (2012) A Story Told by a Single Nanowire: Optical Properties of Wurtzite GaAs. Nano letters (Print). vol. 12 (12).
- (2012) Vertically Aligned GaAs Nanowires on Graphite and Few-Layer Graphene: Generic Model and Epitaxial Growth. Nano letters (Print). vol. 12 (9).
- (2012) Investigations of Bragg reflectors in nanowire lasers. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 111 (12).
- (2012) Epitaxial relationships of ZnO nanostructures grown by Au-assisted pulsed laser deposition on c- and a-plane sapphire. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 355 (1).
- (2011) Photoluminescence Polarization Anisotropy in a Single Heterostructured III-V Nanowire with Mixed Crystal Phases. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1399.
- (2011) Photocurrent Spectroscopy of Single Wurtzite GaAs Nanowires. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1399.