Background and activities
My research area: Nanophotonic Devices and Materials
In 2005 I was appointed professor in nanoelectronics, nanophotonics and nanomagnetics as part of our University's strategic focus on nanotechnology. At the Institute for Electronics and Telecommunications I now lead a research group that fabricates and characterizes nano-scale semiconductor materials like nanowires containing single quantum dots. We fabricate our nanostructures with a molecular beam epitaxy system at our institute together with professor Bjørn-Ove Fimland. I study also applications of nanomaterials in optical devices such as solar cells, lasers, and sensors. Of particular interest is the electrical and optical characterization of these nano systems using techniques such as nano-luminescence microscopy.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Chemical vapor deposition of graphene on platinum: Growth and substrate interaction. Carbon. vol. 111.
- (2016) Effect of V/III ratio on the structural and optical properties of self-catalysed GaAs nanowires. Nanotechnology. vol. 27.
- (2016) In situ electronic probing of semiconducting nanowires in an electron microscope. Journal of Microscopy. vol. 262 (2).
- (2016) In situ heat-induced replacement of GaAs Nanowires with Au. Nano letters (Print). vol. 16 (5).
- (2016) Vertically Oriented Growth of GaN Nanorods on Si Using Graphene as an Atomically Thin Buffer Layer. Nano letters (Print). vol. 16 (6).
- (2016) Low frequency noise in single GaAsSb nanowires with self-induced compositional gradients. Nanotechnology. vol. 27.
- (2016) Fabrication of Si(111) crystalline thin film on graphene by aluminum-induced crystallization. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 108.
- (2016) New Insights into the Origins of Sb-Induced Effects on Self-Catalyzed GaAsSb Nanowire Arrays. Nano letters (Print). vol. 16 (2).
- (2016) Influence of Pitch on the Morphology and Luminescence Properties of Self-Catalyzed GaAsSb Nanowire Arrays. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 109.
- (2016) Growth optimization for self-catalyzed GaAs-based nanowires on metal-induced crystallized amorphous substrate. Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B. vol. 34 (2).
- (2015) Rectifying Single GaAsSb Nanowire Devices Based on Self-Induced Compositional Gradients. Nano letters (Print). vol. 15 (6).
- (2015) Radial composition variations in the shells of GaAs/AlGaAs core-shell nanowires. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 644:012007.
- (2015) Symmetries and optical transitions of hexagonal quantum dots in GaAs/AlGaAs nanowires. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (20).
- (2014) In-situ electrical and structural characterization of individual GaAs nanowires. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 522.
- (2014) Position-Controlled Uniform GaAs Nanowires on Silicon using Nanoimprint Lithography. Nano letters (Print). vol. 14 (2).
- (2014) Inducing a direct-to-pseudodirect bandgap transition in wurtzite GaAs nanowires with uniaxial stress. Nature Communications. vol. 5 (3655).
- (2013) Comparison of Be-doped GaAs nanowires grown by Au- and Ga-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Journal of Crystal Growth. vol. 378.
- (2013) Controlling crystal phases in GaAs nanowires grown by Au-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Nanotechnology. vol. 24 (1).
- (2013) Self-catalyzed MBE grown GaAs/GaAsxSb1-x core-shell nanowires in ZB and WZ crystal structures. Nanotechnology. vol. 24 (40).
- (2013) Compositional characterization of GaAs/GaAsSb nanowires by quantitative HAADF-STEM. Micron. vol. 44.