Five sector-specific focus areas reflect the activities in the blue economy. One overarching area is concerned with the marine environment and society.
NTNU offers a wide range of specialised facilities for use in marine research and education. These include large marine model basins, experimental test facilities, analytical laboratories, field stations, a research vessel and a state-of-the-art instrumentation park.
Multidisciplinary and highly innovative research activities initiated by NTNU Oceans that deal with complex challenges in the ocean environment.
National Research Centres
NTNU Oceans is involved in a number of research, innovation and coordination actions, in Horizon 2020, FP7 and other programmes.
Marine and maritime activities are corner stones of the Norwegian economy. Main funding sources are The Research Council of Norway, regional funds and the industry itself.
- Ocean technologies of the future - new article (10 Feb 2016)
- Text mining in Marine Science (10 Feb 2016)
- New H2020 project "Blue Nodules" (8 Feb 2016)
- Gold rush in the deep sea (1 Feb 2016)
- Meet the Night Creatures of the Warming Arctic (20 Jan 2016)
- NTNU as a strong driver in the Mid-Norwegian region (17 Dec 2015)
- New national projects at NTNU (4 Dec 2015)