ANNULIGhT is an Innovative Training Network (ITN) on instabilities, ignition and blow-off in annular gas turbine combustors. It is funded by the European Commission under Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions.
The gas turbine industry is a multi-billion Euro high technology industry with a vital role to play in the energy transition. For example, in terms of power generation, the gas turbine industry is rapidly moving towards zero-carbon via hydrogen combustion which can potentially lead to large-scale reductions in CO2 emissions and increase the penetration of renewable energy technologies. To meet these societal challenges, a new generation of creative engineers who can accelerate the development of new innovations needed to achieve efficient, sustainable power generation and aviation.
The upcoming workshop on Adjoint Methods in Thermoacoustics scheduled for the end of March has been postponed in response to the COVID-19 due to travel restrictions. It has been re-scheduled for the Autumn 2020, dates to be confirmed.
5 papers from ANNULIGhT have been accepted for presentation at the prestigious 38th International Symposium on Combustion, 12-17 July 2020, Adelaide, Australia.
- Professor James Dawson: Coordinator
- Telephone: (+47) 73 59 31 15
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Ida Antonsen: Research advisor
- Telephone: (+47) 73 41 25 53
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visting address: Kolbjørn Hejes v 2, Strømningstekniske laboratorier, 2nd floor.
- Postal address: NTNU, Institutt for energi- og prosessteknikk, Kolbjørn Hejes v 1B, NO-7491 Trondheim
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 765998.