Background and activities
- Bigdata Cybernetics: Combining data-driven methods with control theory
- Hybrid Analytics / Modeling: Combining physics based modeling with advanced machine learning algorithms
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Reduced Order Modeling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Turbulence Modelling
- Numerical Methods
- Wind Energy
- Autonomous Vessels
- Drones in urban area
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A nudged hybrid analysis and modeling approach for realtime wake-vortex transport and decay prediction. Computers & Fluids. vol. 221.
- (2021) Multifidelity computing for coupling full and reduced order models. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (2).
- (2021) Deep neural network enabled corrective source term approach to hybrid analysis and modeling. arXiv.
- (2021) On the effectiveness of signal decomposition, feature extraction and selection to identify lung crackles. arXiv.
- (2021) Statistical modeling of Ship’s hydrodynamic performance indicator. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 111.
- (2021) Deep Reinforcement Learning Controller for 3D Path-following and Collision Avoidance by Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Frontiers in Robotics and AI. vol. 7.
- (2021) Comparing Deep Reinforcement Learning Algorithms’ Ability to Safely Navigate Challenging Waters. Frontiers in Robotics and AI. vol. 8.
- (2021) A novel hybrid analysis and modeling approach applied to aluminum electrolysis process. Journal of Process Control. vol. 105.
- (2021) Hybrid analysis and modeling for next generation of digital twins. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 2018 (1).
- (2021) Model fusion with physics-guided machine learning: Projection-based reduced-order modeling. Physics of Fluids. vol. 33 (6).
- (2021) A nonintrusive hybrid neural-physics modeling of incomplete dynamical systems: Lorenz equations. GEM - International Journal on Geomathematics.
- (2021) Hybrid analysis and modeling, eclecticism, and multifidelity computing toward digital twin revolution. GAMM-Mitteilungen.
- (2021) Applying Object Detection to Marine Data and Exploring Explainability of a Fully Convolutional Neural Network Using Principal Component Analysis. Ecological Informatics. vol. 62.
- (2021) Geometric Change Detection in Digital Twins using 3D Machine Learning. Digital. vol. 1 (2).
- (2021) A nested multi-scale model for assessing urban wind conditions : Comparison of Large Eddy Simulation versus RANS turbulence models when operating at the finest scale of the nesting. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 2018.
- (2021) A non-intrusive parametric reduced order model for urban wind flow using deep learning and Grassmann manifold. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 2018.
- (2021) Reduced order models for finite-volume simulations of turbulent flow around wind-turbine blades. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 2018.
- (2020) Forward sensitivity approach for estimating eddy viscosity closures in nonlinear model reduction. Physical review. E. vol. 102 (4).
- (2020) Reduced order modeling of fluid flows: Machine learning, Kolmogorov barrier, closure modeling, and partitioning. arXiv.org.
- (2020) Interface learning of multiphysics and multiscale systems. Physical review. E. vol. 102 (5).