Aditya Suneel Sole
Background and activities
Aditya Sole is working as an Associate Professor in Colour Imaging at the Department of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Printing Engineering and Graphics Communication from Pune Vidyarthi's College of Engineering and Technology, Pune University, Pune, India, 2005.
- MSc in Digital Colour Imaging, London College of Communication, University of the Arts, London, UK, 2006.
- P.h.D in Computer Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Gjøvik, Norway, 2019
- Colour Imaging
- Colour Science, Measurement and Management
- BRDF measurement
- Visual Appearance measurement
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Exploring the role of caustics in translucency perception — An eye tracking approach. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 34.
- (2021) Optimized light source spectral power distribution for RGB camera based spectral reflectance recovery. Optics Express. vol. 29 (16).
- (2020) Measurement and rendering of complex non-diffuse and goniochromatic packaging materials. The Visual Computer.
- (2018) Measurement of bidirectional reflectance distribution function on custom-made gonio-spectrophotometer. Scientific Papers of the University of Pardubice : Series A.
- (2018) Bidirectional Reflectance Measurement and Reflection Model Fitting of Complex Materials Using an Image-Based Measurement Setup. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (11).
- (2018) Evaluating an image-based bidirectional reflectance distribution function measurement setup. Applied Optics. vol. 57 (8).
- (2017) Evaluating an image based multi-angle measurement setup using different reflection models. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2017 (8).
- (2016) Image based reflectance measurement based on camera spectral sensitivities. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. Part F129946.
- (2011) Analysis of color measurement uncertainty in a color managed printing workflow. Journal of Print and Media Technology Research. vol. 1 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Implementing Directional Reflectance in a Colour Managed Workflow. London Imaging Meeting 2020: Future Colour Imaging.
- (2019) On the Acquisition and Reproduction of Material Appearance. Computational Color Imaging, 7th International Workshop, CCIW 2019.
- (2015) An image-based multi-directional reflectance measurement setup for flexible objects. Measuring, Modeling, and Reproducing Material Appearance 2015.
- (2014) Colour Printing 7.0: Next Generation Multi-Channel Printing. 22nd Color and Imaging Conference Final Program and Proceedings.
- (2014) An image based multi-angle method for estimating reflection geometries of flexible objects. 22nd Color and Imaging Conference Final Program and Proceedings.
- (2013) Colour shift: perceived and measured. AIC Colour 2013, 12th Congress of the International Colour Association, 8-12 July, 2013, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Proceedings, Vol 1-4.
- (2019) Image-Based Bidirectional Reflectance Measurement of Non-Diffuse and Gonio-Chromatic Materials. 2019. ISBN 9788232642847. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2019:344).