Aili Biriita Bertnum
Background and activities
Aili Biriita is a PhD Candidate at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Her research topic is within health and hospital logistics, with a focus on logistics in hospital laboratories. Existing research on logistics in hospital laboratories concern to a large extent lead time reductions by different methods such as e.g. Lean and automation. However, to the best of our knowledge, there is a lack of research which takes into account that hospital laboratories are highly different when it comes to service provision and organizational structure. The PhD aims at filling this gap in literature through case study oriented research in collaboration with national and international hospitals.
Aili Biriita has a master’s degree from NTNU, and graduated in June 2016. Her spesialisation is within production management and logistics. The master’s thesis concerned how the supplier can take more responsibility of the replenishment process in a supplier-retailer relationship, with focus on food waste reduction and increased profit.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Material Distribution and Transportation in a Norwegian Hospital: A Case Study. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (11).
- (2017) Logistics 4.0 and emerging sustainable business models. Advances in Manufacturing. vol. 5 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Planning Environments of Hospital Laboratories: An Exploratory Study. Advances in Production Management Systems : The Path to Digital Transformation and Innovation of Production Management Systems : IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2020, Novi Sad, Serbia, August 30 – September 3, 2020, Proceedings, Part I.
- (2019) Medical Supplies to the Point-Of-Use in Hospitals. Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart Production Management Systems : IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2019, Austin, TX, USA, September 1–5, 2019, Proceedings, Part II.
- (2019) Possibilities and Benefits of Using Material Flow Information to Improve the Internal Hospital Supply Chain. Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart Production Management Systems : IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2019, Austin, TX, USA, September 1–5, 2019, Proceedings, Part II.
- (2018) Possibilities and Benefits of Intermediate Care Units in Healthcare Systems from a Logistics Perspective. Advances in Production Management Systems. Production Management for Data-Driven, Intelligent, Collaborative, and Sustainable Manufacturing. IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2018, Seoul, Korea, August 26-30, 2018, Proceedings, Part I.