Ailin Falkmo Hansen
Background and activities
Ailin Falkmo Hansen is a postdoctoral researcher at the K.G Jebsen Center for Genetic Epidemiology.
- PhD in Medical Techology, ISB, NTNU, 2017: "Molecular biomarkers of prostate cancer".
- Master of Science in Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, NTNU, 2013.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Tromsø, 2011.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Department of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, 2011.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Ex vivo metabolic fingerprinting identifies biomarkers predictive of prostate cancer recurrence following radical prostatectomy. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 117 (11).
- (2017) Trace Elements in Early Phase Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – a Population-based Study. The HUNT Study in Norway. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 40.
- (2017) Trace element status in patients with type 2 diabetes in Norway: The HUNT3 Survey. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 41.
- (2016) Presence of TMPRSS2-ERG is associated with alterations of the metabolic profile in human prostate cancer. OncoTarget.
- (2016) MR-metabolomikk i jakten på biomarkører. Bioingeniøren. vol. 9.
- (2016) A novel non-canonical Wnt signature for prostate cancer aggressiveness. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (6).
- (2015) Metabolic markers in blood can separate prostate cancer from benign prostatic hyperplasia. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 113.
- (2015) Ca, Mg and Fe blood levels in diabetic patients differ with disease duration and glucose-lowering treatment. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 32.
- (2015) Trace elements in whole blood in the general population in Nord-Trøndelag County, Norway – the HUNT3 Survey. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 32.
- (2015) Real-time measurement of hyperpolarized lactate production and efflux as a biomarker of tumor aggressiveness in an MR compatible 3D cell culture bioreactor. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 28 (9).
- (2014) Trace elements in undiagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus (HUNT3). Toxicology Letters. vol. 229.
- (2014) Do trace element differences in diabetic patients persist with time? The HUNT3 Survey. Toxicology Letters. vol. 229.
- (2014) Trace elements and type 2 diabetes - two case-control studies in HUNT3. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 24.