Background and activities
Dynamic modelling and analysis of long span cable-supported bridges subjected to wind loading with emphasis on field measurements
PhD Candidate Aksel Fenerci is currently working on the Hardanger Bridge Monitoring Project. His project work includes analysis of field data, modeling of wind field characteristics and dynamic response analysis of suspension bridges under wind excitation.
His research aims to improve the current understanding of wind-induced dynamic behavior of suspension bridges.
- Description of wind characteristics in a complex terrain
- Understanding the influence of environmental factors on bridge response
- Revealing the uncertainitiy involved in response prediction
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Measured Buffeting Response of a Long-Span Suspension Bridge Compared with Numerical Predictions Based on Design Wind Spectra. Journal of Structural Engineering. vol. 143 (9).
- (2017) The Hardanger Bridge monitoring project: Long-term monitoring results and implications on bridge design. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) Long-term monitoring of wind field characteristics and dynamic response of a long-span suspension bridge in complex terrain. Engineering structures. vol. 147.
- (2016) The effect of infill walls on the seismic behavior of boundary columns in RC frames. Earthquakes and structures. vol. 10 (3).
- (2017) Evaluation of wind-induced response predictions of a long-span suspension bridge using full-scale measurements. 7th European African Conference of Wind Engineering ; Liege. 2017-07-03 - 2017-07-07.
- (2016) Full scale measurements on the Hardanger Bridge during strong winds. IMAC XXXIV Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics . SEM; Orlando. 2016-01-25 - 2016-01-28.
- (2016) Wind Field Characteristics at Hardanger Bridge Site. 12th UK Conference on Wind Engineering ; Nottingham. 2016-09-05 - 2016-09-07.