Background and activities
Aksel Fenerci is currently a postdoctoral researcher at the structural dynamics group. His doctoral studies were on the Hardanger Bridge Monitoring Project at the same research group. His work includes analysis of field data, modeling of wind field characteristics and dynamic response analysis of suspension bridges under wind excitation.
His research aims to improve the current understanding on the dynamic behavior of long-span cable-supported and floating bridges.
- Wind field modeling in complex terrain
- Wind and wave induced dynamic analysis of long-span bridges
- Dynamic stability
- Probabilistic methods
- Stochastic dynamics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Buffeting response of long-span bridges considering uncertain turbulence parameters using the environmental contour method. Engineering structures. vol. 213.
- (2020) Efficient prediction of wind and wave induced long-term extreme load effects of floating suspension bridges using artificial neural networks and support vector machines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 217.
- (2018) Site-specific data-driven probabilistic wind field modeling for the wind-induced response prediction of cable-supported bridges. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 181.
- (2018) Strong wind characteristics and dynamic response of a long-span suspension 1 bridge during a storm. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 172.
- (2018) Evaluation of mast measurements and wind tunnel terrain models to describe spatially variable wind field characteristics for long-span bridge design. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 179.
- (2017) Measured Buffeting Response of a Long-Span Suspension Bridge Compared with Numerical Predictions Based on Design Wind Spectra. Journal of Structural Engineering. vol. 143 (9).
- (2017) The Hardanger Bridge monitoring project: Long-term monitoring results and implications on bridge design. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) Long-term monitoring of wind field characteristics and dynamic response of a long-span suspension bridge in complex terrain. Engineering structures. vol. 147.
- (2016) The effect of infill walls on the seismic behavior of boundary columns in RC frames. Earthquakes and structures. vol. 10 (3).
- (2016) Full-Scale measurements on the hardanger bridge during strong winds. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series. vol. 2.
Part of book/report
- (2019) NUMERICAL STUDIES ON THE DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF A SUPERLONG CURVED PONTOON BRIDGE UNDER WIND AND WAVE ACTIONS. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering (COMPDYN 2019).
- (2019) Wind Field Variability in Complex Terrain: Lessons from the Hardanger Bridge. Proceedings of the XV Conference of the Italian Association for Wind Engineering.
- (2019) Aerodynamic Effect of Non-uniform Wind Profiles for Long-Span Bridges. Proceedings of the XV Conference of the Italian Association for Wind Engineering.
- (2018) Full-Scale Measurement and Analysis of Wind-Induced Vibrations of a Longs-Span Suspension Bridge in Complex Terrain. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics in Memory of Ragnar Sigbjörnsson.