Background and activities
My passion is a cleaner future with carbon free electricity and hydrogen for a sustainable society.
B. Eng with Honors Degree (2014) in Metallurgical Engineering, Cairo University with distinction in graduation project in electrochemistry.
M.Sc. (2016) in Metallurgical Engineering, Cairo University with thesis on ZnO nanostrcuture for photelectrochemical cells.
Master 1 (2017) Materials Science and Engineering, Grenoble Institute of Technology, France.
PhD. (2020) Materials Science and Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway with thesis in Nickel based catalysts for anion exchange membrane water electrolysis.
Honors and Awards
- The Electrochemical Society (ECS) Travel Grant, Europe section, 2019.
- NTNU MSE Department Travel Award Fall 2018.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Holder, 2016.
- Graduate Study Fellowship, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 2014-2016.
- IAESTE Scholarship in Germany for top-ranked students in Metallurgical Engineering, 2013.
- Excellence Financial Award, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 2009-2014.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Ni/NiO nanosheets for alkaline hydrogen evolution reaction: In situ electrochemical-Raman study. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 361.
- (2020) Effect of anion exchange ionomer content on electrode performance in AEM water electrolysis. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. vol. 45 (53).
- (2020) Does power ultrasound (26 kHz) affect the hydrogen evolution reaction(HER) on Pt polycrystalline electrode in a mild acidic electrolyte?. Ultrasonics sonochemistry. vol. 69.
- (2019) Optimized Nickel-Cobalt and Nickel-Iron Oxide Catalysts for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction in Alkaline Water Electrolysis. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 166 (8).
- (2019) Highly Active and Easily Fabricated NiCo2O4 Nanoflowers for Enhanced Methanol Oxidation. ChemistrySelect. vol. 4 (27).
- (2019) Ternary mixed nickel cobalt iron oxide nanorods as a high-performance asymmetric supercapacitor electrode. Materials Today Energy. vol. 13.
- (2018) Photoactive Catalysts for Effective Water Microbial Purification: Morphology-Activity Relationship. Environmental Monitoring & Assessment. vol. 10.
- (2018) Highly Active Nickel-Based Catalyst for Hydrogen Evolution in Anion Exchange Membrane Electrolysis. Catalysts. vol. 8 (12).
- (2018) Bimetallic nano electrocatalyst for HER in alkaline polymer electrolysis. ECS Transactions. vol. 85 (13).
- (2016) Stable solar-driven water splitting by anodic ZnO nanotubular semiconducting photoanodes. RSC Advances.
- (2020) Nickel based-catalysts for anion exchange membrane water electrolysis. 2020. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2020:269).
- (2017) Electroless deposition of magnetic nanotubes and core-shell nanowires. 2017.
- (2016) Synthesis and Characterization of Core-shell nanowires ZnO/Cu2O Nanowires for Solar Energy applications. 2016.