Albert Sans Muntadas
Background and activities
PhD Project: Integrated underwater navigation and mapping based on imaging and hydro-acoustic sensors.
Main supervisor: Kristin Y. Pettersen
Co-supervisor: Edmund F. Brekke
PhD Project Focus: Autonomous surface or subsea launch and recovery of AUVs (Docking). Specially fousing on single node Hydro-acoustic Navigation.
Background: I have a bachelor in electrical engineering from the Politechnical University of Catalonia and Master degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engeeniering fro University of California Irvine.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) AUV guidance and docking using a convolutional neural network. IFAC journal of systems and control.
- (2019) Path planning and guidance for underactuated vehicles with limited field-of-view. Ocean Engineering. vol. 174.
- (2016) Vision Restricted Path Planning and Control for Underactuated Vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) A hybrid approach to underwater docking of AUVs with cross-current. OCEANS.
- (2015) Navigation and probability assessment for successful AUV docking using USBL. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Transfer Learning in Underwater Operations. Proceedings of OCEANS 2019 - Marseille.
- (2017) Vehicle Guidance with Control Action Computed by a Rao-Blackwellized Particle Filter. Proceedings of the 2017 Asian Control Conference.
- (2017) Spiral path planning for docking of underactuated vehicles with limited FOV. 2017 IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications (CCTA).
- (2017) Learning an AUV docking maneuver with a convolutional neural network. OCEANS 2017 MTS/IEEE Anchorage.