Background and activities
- Winter maintenance of roads and runways
- snow plowing, gritting and salting
- Tire-snow/ice interaction (friction)
- TBA4340 Rehabilitation and maintenance of roads (5th year MSc course)
- BA6061 Maintenance and operation of roads (Experience based master program)
- BA8617 Maintenance and operation of roads in cold climates (PhD course)
- TBA4340 - Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Roads
- BA8617 - Operation and Maintainance of Roads in Cold Climates
- TBA4940 - Highway Engineering, Master's Thesis
- TBA4590 - Railway Engineering, Specialization Project
- TBA4225 - Railway Engineering, Basic Course
- TBA4541 - Highway Engineering, Specialization Project
- TBA4955 - Railway Engineering, Master's Thesis
- BA6061 - Maintenance and Operations
- TBA4222 - Advanced Railway Technology
- BYGT2322 - Area and Infrastructure
- TBA4345 - Sustainability Issues in Transport
- BYGT2900 - Bachelor's Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A framework for classification of snow- and icephobicity. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology. vol. 35 (10).
- (2021) Bicycle rolling resistance under winter conditions. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 187.
- (2021) Rolling Resistance Measurements on Cycleways Using an Instrumented Bicycle. Journal of cold regions engineering. vol. 35 (2).
- (2021) The effect of rolling resistance on people’s willingness to cycle during wintertime. Journal of Infrastructure Preservation and Resilience. vol. 2.
- (2021) Do We Need a Change in Road Winter Maintenance to Accommodate for Automated Vehicles? A State-of-the-Art Literature Review Considering Automated Vehicle Technology’s Usage of Road Infrastructure During Winter. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2675 (10).
- (2020) Chemical Frost Protection of Road Surfaces: A Laboratory Investigation. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2674 (1).
- (2020) Experimental Setup Simulating Hoarfrost Formation on Roadways. Journal of cold regions engineering.
- (2020) Influence of NaCl Aqueous Solution on Compacted Snow: Field Investigation. Journal of cold regions engineering. vol. 34 (1).
- (2020) Can calorimetry be used to measure the melting rate of deicers. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 181 (103170).
- (2020) Effect of Temperature and Prewetting for Ice Penetration with Sodium Formate. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2674 (6).
- (2019) Tire-Pavement Interaction in Contact with Salted Snow: How an Aqueous Solution Affects Compression, Squeeze-Out, and Compaction of Snow. Journal of cold regions engineering. vol. 33 (4).
- (2018) Uniaxial compression on salted snow. Tire Science and Technology. vol. 46 (1).
- (2018) Airplane braking friction on dry snow, wet snow or slush contaminated runways. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 150.
- (2018) The Effect of Additives on the Low Temperature Ice-Melting Capacity of NaCl. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2672 (12).
- (2017) Use of calorimetry to measure ice-melting capacity. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2613.
- (2017) A salty safety solution. Physics World. vol. 30 (12).
- (2017) The effect of mass diffusion on the rate of chemical ice melting using aqueous solutions. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 139.
- (2016) Accuracy of Ice Melting Capacity Tests - Review of Melting Data for Sodium Chloride. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2551.
- (2016) Measuring bicycle braking friction in winter conditions. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 125.
- (2016) Chemical Melting of Ice: Effect of Solution Freezing Point on Melting Rate. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2551.