Background and activities
- Winter maintenance of roads and runways
- snow plowing, gritting and salting
- Tire-snow/ice interaction (friction)
- TBA4340 Rehabilitation and maintenance of roads (5th year MSc course)
- BA6061 Maintenance and operation of roads (Experience based master program)
- BA8617 Maintenance and operation of roads in cold climates (PhD course)
- BYGT2322 - Area and Infrastructure
- BYGT2900 - Bachelor's Thesis
- TBA4345 - Sustainability Issues in Transport
- BA6061 - Maintenance and Operations
- BA8617 - Operation and Maintainance of Roads in Cold Climates
- TBA4340 - Operation, Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Roads
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Use of calorimetry to measure ice-melting capacity. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2613.
- (2017) Thermodynamics of deicing chemicals. TRB annual meeting 2017 . Transportation research board; Washington DC. 2017-01-08 - 2017-01-13.
- (2017) The effect of mass diffusion on the rate of chemical ice melting using aqueous solutions. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 139.
- (2016) Uniaxial Compression of Salted Snow. 35th Annual Meeting and Conference on Tire Science and Technology . The Tire Society, Inc.; Akron, Ohio. 2016-09-13 - 2016-09-14.
- (2016) Airplane braking friction on dry snow, wet snow or slush contaminated runways. 8th international conference on Snow Engineering . CSTB; Nantes. 2016-06-14 - 2016-06-17.
- (2016) Accuracy of Ice Melting Capacity Tests - Review of Melting Data for Sodium Chloride. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2551.
- (2016) Measuring bicycle braking friction in winter conditions. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 125.
- (2016) Chemical Melting of Ice: Effect of Solution Freezing Point on Melting Rate. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2551.
- (2016) Ice contact-bonding in air and in the presence of an aqueous sodium chloride solution. Journal of cold regions engineering. vol. 30 (4).
- (2015) A decision support model to assess the braking performance on snow and ice contaminated runways. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 117.
- (2015) Effect of surface roughness and chemistry on ice bonding to asphalt aggregates. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 120.
- (2015) Influence of Microstructure on the Consolidation of Compressed Snow. Journal of cold regions engineering. vol. 29 (2).
- (2015) Temperature dependence of solution-induced weakening of compacted snow. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2482.
- (2015) The effect of common de-icing chemicals on the hardness of compacted snow. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 109.
- (2014) Thermal Aspects of Melting Ice with Deicer Chemicals. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2440.
- (2014) The effect of sodium chloride solution on the hardness of compacted snow. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 102.
- (2013) Friction, Ice, and Snow. Encyclopedia of Tribology.
- (2013) Wet pavement anti-icing - A physical mechanism. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 96.
- (2013) The Effect of Common De-Icing Chemicals on Ice-Bond Formation in Compacted Snow. TRB 92nd Annual Meeting 2013 . Transportation Research Board; Washington DC. 2013-01-13 - 2013-01-17.
- (2012) Braking performance of commercial airplanes during operation on winter contaminated runways. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 79-80.
- (2010) Effects of Temperature Change on Cross-Country Ski Characteristics. Procedia Engineering. vol. 2 (2).
- (2010) Assessing airport runway conditions—A Bayesian approach. Reliability, risk and safety : back to the future.
- (2010) Friction Insights.... when tyres meet ice on the road. Nordic Road and Transport Research. vol. 2.
- (2010) Comparison between rubber-ice and sand-ice friction and the effect of loose snow contamination. Tribology International. vol. 43 (5-6).
- (2010) Microstructural investigation of ice surfaces after rubber-ice and sand-ice sliding friction tests. Tribology International. vol. 43 (5-6).
- (2010) Controlling the Properties of Thin Ice Layers on Pavement Surfaces - An Alternative Explanation for Anti-icing. 12th international conference on the Physics and Chemisty of Ice . Hokkaido University; Sapporo. 2010-09-05 - 2010-10-10.
- (2010) The effect of supercooling on the mechanical properties of thin saline ice layers. 12th International Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Ice ; Sapporo. 2010-09-05 - 2010-09-10.