Background and activities
- Mechanical behaviour of materials, strength and plasticity, fatigue, corrosion and environmentally assisted fracture, strain localization and non-linear phenomena and non-equilibrium thermodynamics of plastic deformation.
- Advanced materials (design, manufacture, characterization and modelling) – bulk nano-structured and ultra-fine grain materials, magnesium alloys, severe plastic deformation, high strength structural materials.
- Acoustic emission and non-destructive testing and characterization for failure prevention, advanced signal processing, intelligent monitoring systems.
- 2010-2014, Project manager, Project title: Physical Grounds and Technologies for Fracture Prediction”, (Russia), Budget: 70 MNOK.
- 2014, Project manager, Project title: Critical states of structural materials under complex loading and next-generation intelligent monitoring systems for hazardous industrial facilities (Russia) 2014. Budget: 3.4 MNOK
- 2014, Project manager,Project title: Technological Principles of Continuous Monitoring and Forecasting of Steels Degradation at Low Temperatures in Arctic (Russia),Project partner: Freiberg Technical University, Germany, Budget: 2 MNOK
- 2014-2015, Project title: Innovative ultrafine grain magnesium alloys with enhanced fatigue, corrosion and technological properties” (Russia) Project partner: Seoul National University, Korea, Budget: 2.8 MNOK
Editorial Work/ Professional Associations
- member of the editorial board of Materials Science and Engineering A
- member of the Scientific Council at Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation
International Collaboration Network
JAPAN: Osaka City University, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto; Kyoto University; Tohoku University, Sendai; Doshisha University, Kyoto; Kumamoto University, Kumamoto
GERMANY: University of Erlangen, Freiberg Technical University, University of Munster
RUSSIA: Togliatti Univeristy, Moscow national University of Science and Technology
AUSTRALIA: Monash University, Melbourne
SWITZERLAND: Swiss Federal University of Technology (ETH Zurich)
CZECH REPUBLIC: Charles University, Prague
SWEDEN: Lund University, Lund
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Effect of precipitates on static and fatigue strength of a severely forged aluminum alloy 1570C. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 447.
- (2018) Corrosion Fatigue of Fine Grain Mg-Zn-Zr and Mg-Y-Zn Alloys. Metals. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Structure, Texture and Strength of Mg-5.8Zn-0.65Zr Alloy after Hot-to-Warm Multi-Step Isothermal Forging and Isothermal Rolling to Large Strains. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 709.
- (2018) Investigation of the microstructure evolution and deformation mechanisms of a Mg-Zn-Zr-RE twin-roll-cast magnesium sheet by in-situ experimental techniques. Materials. vol. 11 (2).
- (2018) Assessing Fracture Surface Ductility by Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy. Procedia Structural Engineering. vol. 13.
- (2018) Features of the Hydrogen-Assisted Cracking Mechanism in the Low-Carbon Steel during Ex- and In-situ Hydrogen Charging. Procedia Structural Engineering. vol. 13.
- (2018) Effect of fracture mode on acoustic emission behavior in the hydrogen embrittled low-alloy steel. Engineering Fracture Mechanics.
- (2018) RECRYSTALLIZATION AT CRACK SURFACES AS A SPECIFIC FRACTURE MECHANISM AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES—CELLULAR AUTOMATA SIMULATION. Физическая мезомеханика. vol. 21 (5).
- (2018) Acoustic emission study on the effect of notch shape and temperature on elastic energy release during impact testing of 17Mn1Si pipe steel. Engineering Fracture Mechanics.
- (2018) Using acoustic emission signal categorization for reconstruction of wear development timeline in tribosystems: Case studies and application examples. Wear. vol. 410–411.
- (2018) On the shear band velocity in metallic glasses: A high-speed imaging study. Materials letters (General ed.). vol. 225.
- (2018) Influence of energy dissipation at the interphase boundaries on impact fracture behaviour of a plain carbon steel. Theoretical and applied fracture mechanics (Print). vol. 97.
- (2018) Probing elementary dislocation mechanisms of local plastic deformation by the advanced acoustic emission technique. Scripta Materialia. vol. 151.
- (2018) Analytical and numerical approaches to modelling severe plastic deformation. Progress in Materials Science. vol. 95.
- (2018) The nature of acoustic emission during deformation processes in metallic materials. Fizika Nizkih Temperatur. vol. 44 (9).
- (2017) Application of the strain energy density approach in comparing different design solutions for improving the fatigue strength of load carrying shear welded joints. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 101.
- (2017) Improving of Acoustic Emission Signal Detection for Fatigue Fracture Monitoring. Procedia Engineering. vol. 176.
- (2017) The effect of stacking fault energy on acoustic emission in pure metals with face-centered crystal lattice. Letters on Materials. vol. 7 (4).
- (2017) Advanced-reliability acoustic-emission transducers. Russian journal of nondestructive testing. vol. 53 (1).
- (2017) Deformation behavior of Mg-alloy-based composites at different temperatures studied by neutron diffraction. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 685.