Background and activities
- Mechanical behaviour of materials, strength and plasticity, fatigue, corrosion and environmentally assisted fracture, strain localization and non-linear phenomena and non-equilibrium thermodynamics of plastic deformation.
- Advanced materials (design, manufacture, characterization and modelling) – bulk nano-structured and ultra-fine grain materials, magnesium alloys, severe plastic deformation, high strength structural materials.
- Acoustic emission and non-destructive testing and characterization for failure prevention, advanced signal processing, intelligent monitoring systems.
- 2010-2014, Project manager, Project title: Physical Grounds and Technologies for Fracture Prediction”, (Russia), Budget: 70 MNOK.
- 2014, Project manager, Project title: Critical states of structural materials under complex loading and next-generation intelligent monitoring systems for hazardous industrial facilities (Russia) 2014. Budget: 3.4 MNOK
- 2014, Project manager,Project title: Technological Principles of Continuous Monitoring and Forecasting of Steels Degradation at Low Temperatures in Arctic (Russia),Project partner: Freiberg Technical University, Germany, Budget: 2 MNOK
- 2014-2015, Project title: Innovative ultrafine grain magnesium alloys with enhanced fatigue, corrosion and technological properties” (Russia) Project partner: Seoul National University, Korea, Budget: 2.8 MNOK
Editorial Work/ Professional Associations
- member of the editorial board of Materials Science and Engineering A
- member of the Scientific Council at Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation
International Collaboration Network
JAPAN: Osaka City University, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto; Kyoto University; Tohoku University, Sendai; Doshisha University, Kyoto; Kumamoto University, Kumamoto
GERMANY: University of Erlangen, Freiberg Technical University, University of Munster
RUSSIA: Togliatti Univeristy, Moscow national University of Science and Technology
AUSTRALIA: Monash University, Melbourne
SWITZERLAND: Swiss Federal University of Technology (ETH Zurich)
CZECH REPUBLIC: Charles University, Prague
SWEDEN: Lund University, Lund
- TMM4160 - Fracture Mechanics
- TMM4140 - Mechanical Properties of Materials
- TMM4935 - Industrial ICT, Master's Thesis
- TMM4960 - Engineering Design and Materials, Master's Thesis
- MM8420 - Advanced Metallic Materials
- TMM4540 - Industrial ICT Engineering Design and Materials, Specialization Project
- TMM4560 - Engineering Design and Materials, Specialization Project
- TMM4151 - Products and Materials Testing
- TMM4940 - Nanotechnology, Master's Thesis
- TMM4550 - Nanotechnology, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Hydrogen-enhanced grain boundary vacancy stockpiling causes transgranular to intergranular fracture transition. Acta Materialia. vol. 239.
- (2022) On the Corrosion Fatigue of Magnesium Alloys Aimed at Biomedical Applications: New Insights from the Influence of Testing Frequency and Surface Modification of the Alloy ZK60. Materials. vol. 15 (2).
- (2022) Deformation behaviour of TWIP steels: Constitutive modelling informed by local and integral experimental methods used in concert. Materials Characterization. vol. 184.
- (2022) Monitoring Dynamic Recrystallisation in Bioresorbable Alloy Mg-1Zn-0.2Ca by Means of an In Situ Acoustic Emission Technique. Materials. vol. 15 (1).
- (2022) Evidence for the presence of corrosive solution within corrosion products film in magnesium alloy ZK60. Letters on Materials. vol. 12 (1).
- (2022) Effect of strain rate and corrosion products on pre-exposure stress corrosion cracking in the ZK60 magnesium alloy. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 830.
- (2022) Stored and dissipated energy of plastic deformation revisited from the viewpoint of dislocation kinetics modelling approach. Acta Materialia. vol. 237.
- (2022) The grain size effect on strain hardening and necking instability revisited from the dislocation density evolution approach. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 831.
- (2021) The processing route towards outstanding performance of the severely deformed Al–Mg–Mn-Sc-Zr alloy. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 806.
- (2021) Tooth flank fracture – An applied fatigue study of case hardened bevel gears. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 132.
- (2021) Fatigue of carburised CrNiMo steel: Testing and modelling concept. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures (FFEMS). vol. 44 (3).
- (2021) A novel predictive model for multiaxial fatigue in carburized bevel gears. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures (FFEMS). vol. 44 (8).
- (2021) Heat dissipation and acoustic emission features of titanium alloys in cyclic deformation mode. Acta Mechanica. vol. 232.
- (2021) Effect of the stress-strain state on the path of quasi-cleavage hydrogen-assisted cracking in low-carbon steel. Letters on Materials. vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) The fundamental difference between cleavage and hydrogen-assisted quasi-cleavage in ferritic materials revealed by multiscale quantitative fractographic and side surface characterization. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 824.
- (2021) Inhibiting stress corrosion cracking by removing corrosion products from the Mg-Zn-Zr alloy pre-exposed to corrosion solutions. Acta Materialia. vol. 205.
- (2021) On the role of pre-exposure time and corrosion products in stress-corrosion cracking of ZK60 and AZ31 magnesium alloys. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 806.
- (2021) Dual roles of pearlite microstructure to interfere/facilitate gaseous hydrogen-assisted fatigue crack growth in plain carbon steels. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 154.
- (2021) Novel method for in situ damage monitoring during ultrasonic fatigue testing by the advanced acoustic emission technique. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 142.
- (2021) Challenges and Accomplishments in Mechanical Testing Instrumented by In Situ Techniques: Infrared Thermography, Digital Image Correlation, and Acoustic Emission. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (15).