Background and activities
- Mechanical behaviour of materials, strength and plasticity, fatigue, corrosion and environmentally assisted fracture, strain localization and non-linear phenomena and non-equilibrium thermodynamics of plastic deformation.
- Advanced materials (design, manufacture, characterization and modelling) – bulk nano-structured and ultra-fine grain materials, magnesium alloys, severe plastic deformation, high strength structural materials.
- Acoustic emission and non-destructive testing and characterization for failure prevention, advanced signal processing, intelligent monitoring systems.
- 2010-2014, Project manager, Project title: Physical Grounds and Technologies for Fracture Prediction”, (Russia), Budget: 70 MNOK.
- 2014, Project manager, Project title: Critical states of structural materials under complex loading and next-generation intelligent monitoring systems for hazardous industrial facilities (Russia) 2014. Budget: 3.4 MNOK
- 2014, Project manager,Project title: Technological Principles of Continuous Monitoring and Forecasting of Steels Degradation at Low Temperatures in Arctic (Russia),Project partner: Freiberg Technical University, Germany, Budget: 2 MNOK
- 2014-2015, Project title: Innovative ultrafine grain magnesium alloys with enhanced fatigue, corrosion and technological properties” (Russia) Project partner: Seoul National University, Korea, Budget: 2.8 MNOK
Editorial Work/ Professional Associations
- member of the editorial board of Materials Science and Engineering A
- member of the Scientific Council at Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation
International Collaboration Network
JAPAN: Osaka City University, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto; Kyoto University; Tohoku University, Sendai; Doshisha University, Kyoto; Kumamoto University, Kumamoto
GERMANY: University of Erlangen, Freiberg Technical University, University of Munster
RUSSIA: Togliatti Univeristy, Moscow national University of Science and Technology
AUSTRALIA: Monash University, Melbourne
SWITZERLAND: Swiss Federal University of Technology (ETH Zurich)
CZECH REPUBLIC: Charles University, Prague
SWEDEN: Lund University, Lund
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) On the long-term correlations in the twinning and dislocation slip dynamics. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 777.
- (2020) A New Method of Low Amplitude Signal Detection and Its Application in Acoustic Emission. Applied Sciences. vol. 10 (1).
- (2020) Fractographic features of technically pure magnesium, AZ31 and ZK60 alloys subjected to stress corrosion cracking. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 772.
- (2019) Anisotropy of the acoustic emission signal during scratch testing of a single crystal of aluminum. Letters on Materials. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Influence of the solute concentration on the anelasticity in Mg-Al alloys: A multiple-approach study. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 786.
- (2019) Structure and strength of the 1570C aluminum alloy after complex SPD processing. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 672 (1).
- (2019) About the nature of quasi-cleavage in low-carbon steel embrittled with hydrogen, Metal Science and Heat Treatment. Metal science and heat treatment. vol. 61 (3-4).
- (2019) Quasi-cleavage hydrogen-assisted cracking path investigation by fractographic and side surface observations. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 214.
- (2019) On the role of hydrogen in stress corrosion cracking of magnesium and its alloys: Gas-analysis study. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 748.
- (2019) Acoustic emission study on the effect of notch shape and temperature on elastic energy release during impact testing of 17Mn1Si pipe steel. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 210.
- (2019) Influence of long-term cold climate operation on structure, fatigue durability and impact toughness of 09Mn2Si pipe steel. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 102.
- (2019) A novel algorithm for crack path identification based on infrared images. Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale. vol. 13 (48).
- (2019) High strength and fatigue properties of Mg-Zn-Ca alloys after severe plastic deformation. Letters on Materials. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) Mechanical Twinning is a Correlated Dynamic Process. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Acoustic emission study of the kinetics of kink bands in the LPSO structure. Letters on Materials. vol. 9 (4).
- (2019) High Performance Fine-Grained Biodegradable Mg-Zn-Ca Alloys Processed by Severe Plastic Deformation. Metals. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) Phenomenological approach towards modelling the acoustic emission due to plastic deformation in metals. Scripta Materialia. vol. 170.
- (2019) On the Appearance of Scaling in the Time Dependence of the Rate of Shear Processes in a Metallic Glass. JETP Letters : Journal of Experimental And Theoretical Physics Letters. vol. 110 (6).
- (2018) Effect of precipitates on static and fatigue strength of a severely forged aluminum alloy 1570C. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 447.
- (2018) Study of deformation phenomena in TRIP/TWIP steels by acoustic emission and scanning electron microscopy. Physics of metals and metallography. vol. 119 (4).