Background and activities
- Mechanical behaviour of materials, strength and plasticity, fatigue, corrosion and environmentally assisted fracture, strain localization and non-linear phenomena and non-equilibrium thermodynamics of plastic deformation.
- Advanced materials (design, manufacture, characterization and modelling) – bulk nano-structured and ultra-fine grain materials, magnesium alloys, severe plastic deformation, high strength structural materials.
- Acoustic emission and non-destructive testing and characterization for failure prevention, advanced signal processing, intelligent monitoring systems.
- 2010-2014, Project manager, Project title: Physical Grounds and Technologies for Fracture Prediction”, (Russia), Budget: 70 MNOK.
- 2014, Project manager, Project title: Critical states of structural materials under complex loading and next-generation intelligent monitoring systems for hazardous industrial facilities (Russia) 2014. Budget: 3.4 MNOK
- 2014, Project manager,Project title: Technological Principles of Continuous Monitoring and Forecasting of Steels Degradation at Low Temperatures in Arctic (Russia),Project partner: Freiberg Technical University, Germany, Budget: 2 MNOK
- 2014-2015, Project title: Innovative ultrafine grain magnesium alloys with enhanced fatigue, corrosion and technological properties” (Russia) Project partner: Seoul National University, Korea, Budget: 2.8 MNOK
Editorial Work/ Professional Associations
- member of the editorial board of Materials Science and Engineering A
- member of the Scientific Council at Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation
International Collaboration Network
JAPAN: Osaka City University, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto; Kyoto University; Tohoku University, Sendai; Doshisha University, Kyoto; Kumamoto University, Kumamoto
GERMANY: University of Erlangen, Freiberg Technical University, University of Munster
RUSSIA: Togliatti Univeristy, Moscow national University of Science and Technology
AUSTRALIA: Monash University, Melbourne
SWITZERLAND: Swiss Federal University of Technology (ETH Zurich)
CZECH REPUBLIC: Charles University, Prague
SWEDEN: Lund University, Lund
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Structure, Texture and Strength of Mg-5.8Zn-0.65Zr Alloy after Hot-to-Warm Multi-Step Isothermal Forging and Isothermal Rolling to Large Strains. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 709.
- (2018) Investigation of the microstructure evolution and deformation mechanisms of a Mg-Zn-Zr-RE twin-roll-cast magnesium sheet by in-situ experimental techniques. Materials. vol. 11 (2).
- (2018) Acoustic emission study on the effect of notch shape and temperature on elastic energy release during impact testing of 17Mn1Si pipe steel. Engineering Fracture Mechanics.
- (2018) On the shear band velocity in metallic glasses: A high-speed imaging study. Materials letters (General ed.). vol. 225.
- (2017) Application of the strain energy density approach in comparing different design solutions for improving the fatigue strength of load carrying shear welded joints. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 101.
- (2017) Improving of Acoustic Emission Signal Detection for Fatigue Fracture Monitoring. Procedia Engineering. vol. 176.
- (2017) The effect of stacking fault energy on acoustic emission in pure metals with face-centered crystal lattice. Letters on Materials. vol. 7 (4).
- (2017) Advanced-reliability acoustic-emission transducers. Russian journal of nondestructive testing. vol. 53 (1).
- (2017) Deformation behavior of Mg-alloy-based composites at different temperatures studied by neutron diffraction. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 685.
- (2017) On the corrosion of ZK60 magnesium alloy after severe plastic deformation. Letters on Materials. vol. 7 (4).
- (2017) Confocal laser scanning microscopy: The technique for quantitative fractographic analysis. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 183.
- (2017) Effect of structural heterogeneity of 17Mn1Si steel on the temperature dependence of impact deformation and fracture. Metals. vol. 7 (7).
- (2017) Temperature Effect on Deformation and Fracture Mechanisms under Impact Loading of 17Mn1Si Steel with Explicit Accounting Structural Heterogeneity. Procedia Engineering. vol. 187.
- (2017) Surface modification of an austenitic stainless steel wire by a multi-pulse treatment with a high-power electric current. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 52 (13).
- (2017) The role of notch tip shape and radius on deformation mechanisms of 12Cr1MoV steel under impact loading. Part 1. Energy parameters of fracture. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures. vol. 40 (4).
- (2017) Effect of temperature-force factors and concentrator shape on impact fracture mechanisms of 17mn1si steel. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 2017.
- (2017) Influence of stress concentrator shape and testing temperature on impact bending fracture of 17Mn1Si pipe steel. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1915.
- (2017) Dislocation characteristics of shear bands in metallic glasses. Scripta Materialia. vol. 130.
- (2017) A phenomenological model of twinning kinetics. Advanced Engineering Materials. vol. 19 (1).
- (2017) Effect of Severe Plastic Deformation on Tensile and Fatigue Properties of Fine-grained Magnesium Alloy ZK60. Journal of Materials Research. vol. 32 (23).