Background and activities
- Mechanical behaviour of materials, strength and plasticity, fatigue, corrosion and environmentally assisted fracture, strain localization and non-linear phenomena and non-equilibrium thermodynamics of plastic deformation.
- Advanced materials (design, manufacture, characterization and modelling) – bulk nano-structured and ultra-fine grain materials, magnesium alloys, severe plastic deformation, high strength structural materials.
- Acoustic emission and non-destructive testing and characterization for failure prevention, advanced signal processing, intelligent monitoring systems.
- 2010-2014, Project manager, Project title: Physical Grounds and Technologies for Fracture Prediction”, (Russia), Budget: 70 MNOK.
- 2014, Project manager, Project title: Critical states of structural materials under complex loading and next-generation intelligent monitoring systems for hazardous industrial facilities (Russia) 2014. Budget: 3.4 MNOK
- 2014, Project manager,Project title: Technological Principles of Continuous Monitoring and Forecasting of Steels Degradation at Low Temperatures in Arctic (Russia),Project partner: Freiberg Technical University, Germany, Budget: 2 MNOK
- 2014-2015, Project title: Innovative ultrafine grain magnesium alloys with enhanced fatigue, corrosion and technological properties” (Russia) Project partner: Seoul National University, Korea, Budget: 2.8 MNOK
Editorial Work/ Professional Associations
- member of the editorial board of Materials Science and Engineering A
- member of the Scientific Council at Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation
International Collaboration Network
JAPAN: Osaka City University, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto; Kyoto University; Tohoku University, Sendai; Doshisha University, Kyoto; Kumamoto University, Kumamoto
GERMANY: University of Erlangen, Freiberg Technical University, University of Munster
RUSSIA: Togliatti Univeristy, Moscow national University of Science and Technology
AUSTRALIA: Monash University, Melbourne
SWITZERLAND: Swiss Federal University of Technology (ETH Zurich)
CZECH REPUBLIC: Charles University, Prague
SWEDEN: Lund University, Lund
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Fatigue of carburised CrNiMo steel: Testing and modelling concept. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures (FFEMS). vol. 44 (3).
- (2021) Heat dissipation and acoustic emission features of titanium alloys in cyclic deformation mode. Acta Mechanica. vol. 232.
- (2021) Inhibiting stress corrosion cracking by removing corrosion products from the Mg-Zn-Zr alloy pre-exposed to corrosion solutions. Acta Materialia. vol. 205.
- (2021) Novel method for in situ damage monitoring during ultrasonic fatigue testing by the advanced acoustic emission technique. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 142.
- (2021) A phenomenological model of deformation twinning kinetics. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 803.
- (2020) On the long-term correlations in the twinning and dislocation slip dynamics. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 777.
- (2020) A New Method of Low Amplitude Signal Detection and Its Application in Acoustic Emission. Applied Sciences. vol. 10 (1).
- (2020) On subsurface initiated failures in marine bevel gears. Engineering Failure Analysis. vol. 110.
- (2020) Effect of deformation processing of the dilute Mg-1Zn-0.2Ca alloy on the mechanical properties and corrosion rate in a simulated body fluid. Letters on Materials. vol. 10 (2).
- (2020) The Functional Properties of Mg–Zn–X Biodegradable Magnesium Alloys. Materials. vol. 13 (3).
- (2020) Effect of grain size on mechanical properties and hydrogen occluding capacity of pure magnesium and alloy MA14 subjected to stress-corrosion cracking. Letters on Materials. vol. 10 (1).
- (2020) Quantitative comparison of cleavage and quasi-cleavage fracture surfaces in hydrogen embrittled low-carbon steel. Letters on Materials. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) Effect of equal-channel angular pressing (ECAP) and current density of cathodic hydrogen charging on hydrogen trapping in the low-alloy steel. Letters on Materials. vol. 10 (2).
- (2020) Fractographic features of technically pure magnesium, AZ31 and ZK60 alloys subjected to stress corrosion cracking. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 772.
- (2020) A Time-Frequency Based Approach for Acoustic Emission Assessment of Sliding Wear. Lubricants. vol. 8 (5).
- (2020) Shear Bands Topology in the Deformed Bulk Metallic Glasses. Metals. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) A phenomenological model of twinning-mediated strain hardening. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 780.
- (2019) Anisotropy of the acoustic emission signal during scratch testing of a single crystal of aluminum. Letters on Materials. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Influence of the solute concentration on the anelasticity in Mg-Al alloys: A multiple-approach study. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 786.
- (2019) Structure and strength of the 1570C aluminum alloy after complex SPD processing. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 672 (1).