Background and activities
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Quality
- Operations Management
- Advanced Computer Simulation for Logistics Systems
- Digitalization, Industry 4.0 for Logistics
- Lean Six Sigma for Process Industries
- Change Management, Learning Organizations, and Continuous Improvement
- Petroleum Production Optimization, Lean Offshore, Digital Oil Fields
- Multiphase Flow Simulation & Metering (CFD)
Courses at NTNU and elsewhere
- TLOG1001 Facilities Planning, Transportation & Environment
- TLOG1002 Fundamentals of Logistics, Economy, and Systems
- TLOG2008 Lean Production and Quality Management
- TLOG2009 Management Science and Simulation for Logistics
- TLOG2011 Logistics Technology & Digitalization
- TMMT5002 Production Efficiency, Innovation, and Product Development (Master course in Food Technology)
- Lean Six Sigma Design & Innovation (Aarhus Summer University, Denmark)
- 2012-2016 Business Development Manager, Production Optimization, Weatherford
- 2004-2012 Researcher, SINTEF Materials & Chemistry, Flow Technology Team
- 2000-2004 NTNU Institute of Energy and Process Technology
- 1998-2000 TU-Graz Department of Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics, Austria
- 1994-1998 Industrial Heating Systems Engineering & Manufacturing Company, Iran
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Process Technology, NTNU, 2004
- MSc, Mechanical Engineering, Thermo-Fluid Systems, TMU, Tehran, Iran, 1995
- BSc, Mechanical Engineering, Machine Design, IUST, Tehran, Iran, 1993
Ashrafian A. et al. (2019) Full-Scale Discrete Event Simulation of an Automated Modular Conveyor System for Warehouse Logistics. In: Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart Production Management Systems. APMS 2019. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol 567. Springer, Cham
Ashrafian A. et al. (2019) Sketching the Landscape for Lean Digital Transformation. In: Advances in Production Management Systems. Production Management for the Factory of the Future. APMS 2019. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol 566. Springer, Cham
- Quasi-3D Modelling of Two-Phase Slug Flow in Pipes The Journal of Computational Multiphase Flows Vol 6 Nr 1 2014
- Simulation of Flow Regime Transitions in Vertical Pipe Flow ICMF2013, Jeju, Korea, May 26-31, 2013
- Two Phase Flow Prediction of Fluid Displacement Operations ICMF2013, Jeju, Korea, May 26-31, 2013
- LedaFlow Multidimensional Modeling of Two-Phase Slug Flow in Pipes AIChE/SPE Joint Workshop on Flow Assurance; 26-28 Sept. 2011, Houston, TX, USA
- Multi-dimensional Modelling of Stratified Wavy Three-phase Flows Publisering: Rio Pipeline Conference 20-22 Sept 2011, Rio de Ganeiro, Brazil
- LedaFlow-Q3D: A Transient Tool for Simulation of Multiphase Flows in Straight and Curved Pipes CFD2011 Conference; 21-23 June 2011, Trondheim, Norway
- Analytical Prediction of Oil Spill From Grounded Cargo Tankers Publisering: ASME 2008 27th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Volume 2: Structures, Safety and Reliability Estoril, Portugal, June 15–20, 2008 Co-author(s): Mohammad Taghi Tavakoli, Jo̸rgen Amdahl, Bernt J. Leira
- CFD Modeling of a Reactive Gas Stirred Three Phase Silicon Reactor 6th International Conference on CFD in Oil & Gas, Metallurgical and Process Industries, SINTEF/NTNU, Trondheim, 10-12 June 2008
- A Reactor Model for Ladle-Refining of Silicon Metal Publisering: 6th International Conference on CFD in Oil & Gas, Metallurgical and Process Industries, SINTEF/NTNU, Trondheim, 10-12 June 2008 Grad: Co-author(s): Stein Tore Johansen, Sean Gaal, Birger Andresen (FESIL)
- Modelling Multiphase Metallurgical Reactor for Refining of Silicon Melt Publisering: 8th international conference on Gas-Liquid and Gas-Liquid-solid Reactor Engineering (GLS-8), New Delhi, India, 16-19th December, 2007
- Tapping of Stratified Liquids from Packed Beds Publisering: 5th international conference on CFD in the process industries, CSIRO, Melbourne, Australia, 13 – 15 December, 2006. Co-author(s): Stein tore Johansen
- Wall Boundary Conditions for Rough Walls Publisering: Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics (PCFD), Volume 7 – Nos. 2/3/4, 230-236, 2007 Co-author(s): Stein Tore Johansen
- Guest Editor, CFD Applications in Metallurgiacal and Process Industries Special issue PCFD Journal, Volume 7 – Nos. 2/3/4, 2007
- Structure of Turbulence in a Rod-Roughened Channel Publisering: International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 27(1), 65-79, 2006 Co-author(s): Helge I. Andersson
- Roughness Effects on Turbulent Channel Flow Publisering: Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics (PCFD), Volume 6 – Nos. 1/2/3, 1-22, 2006. Co-author(s): Helge I. Andersson
- Reynolds Number Effects in the Outer Layer of a Rough Wall Channel Flow Physics of Fluids, 17, pp. 065101-16, 2005 Co-author(s): O.M. Bakken, P.-Å Krogstad, H. I. Andersson
- An Experimental and Numerical Study of Channel Flow with Rough Walls Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 530, 327-353, 2005 Co-author(s): Per-Åge Krogstad, Helge I. Andersson, Ole M. Bakken
- DNS of Turbulent Flow in a Rod-Roughened Channel Publisering: International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 25(3), 373-383, 2004 Co-author(s): Helge andersson, Michael Manhart
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Sketching the Landscape for Lean Digital Transformation. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 566.
- (2014) Quasi-3D modelling of two-phase slug flow in pipes. Journal of Computational Multiphase Flows. vol. 6 (1).
- (2006) Roughness effects in turbulent channel flow. Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, An International Journal (CFD). vol. 6 (1-3).
- (2006) The structure of turbulence in a rod-roughened channel. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. vol. 27 (1).
- (2005) Reynolds number effects in the outer layer of the turbulent flow in a channel with rough walls. Physics of Fluids. vol. 17.
- (2005) An experimental and numerical study of channel flow with rough walls. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 530.
- (2004) DNS of turbulent flow in a rod-roughened channel. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. vol. 25.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Full-Scale Discrete Event Simulation of an Automated Modular Conveyor System for Warehouse Logistics. Advances in Production Management Systems. Towards Smart Production Management Systems : IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2019, Austin, TX, USA, September 1–5, 2019, Proceedings, Part II.
- (2008) Analytical Predictions of Oil Spill from Grounded Cargo Tankers. 27th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 2008, Portugal.
- (2008) A Phenomenological Reaction Model for Flash and TGA Pyrolysis of Coal. 2008. ISBN 9788214043273. SINTEF Rapport.
- (2008) Mass Transfer Models for Reactions in Oxidative Ladle Refining of Silicon Melt. 2008. ISBN 9788214043266. SINTEF Rapport.
- (2008) Numerical Simulation of Pyrolysis in Single Coal Particle. 2008. ISBN 9788214043280. SINTEF Rapport.
- (2004) Numerical investigation of turbulent flow in a channel with rough walls. 2004. ISBN 82-471-6525-2.