Background and activities
Our research interests are focused on different aspects of theoretical condensed-matter physics with special emphasis on the following areas:
- Spintronics, magnonics and spin-orbitronics
- Topological defects and solitons (skyrmions, hopfions, ...)
- Ultrafast spin dynamics, optomagnetism and optomagnonics
- Floquet theory
- Nonequilibrium phenomena
- Superconducting spintronics
- Topological states of quantum matter
- Quantum many-body effects in novel 2D systems
- 2016-onwards Senior Researcher, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
- 2014-2015 Postdoc, Radboud University, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- 2011-2013 Postdoc, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
- 2006-2011 PhD., Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics,
Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences, Zanjan, Iran
- 2004-2006 MSc., Theoretical Particle Physics,
Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
- 2000-2004 BSc., Electronic Engineering,
Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Shahid Rajaee Teacher Training University, Tehran, Iran
- 2017-2019 Rohollah Khoshlahni
Project: Topological properties and dynamics of skyrmions in antiferromagnetic nanostructures
- 2019-2020 Trond H. Haug
Project: Ultrafast two-magnon excitation in antiferromagnetic insulators
- 2019-2020 Ivan Ushakov
Project: Phase diagram of the extended Kane-Mele-Hubbard model
- 2018-2019 Juan M. Losada
Project: Ultrafast manipulation of Heisenberg exchange and Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya interactions in antiferromagnetic insulators
- 2018-2019 Sander Ø. Hanslin (Next position: PhD student @ NTNU)
Project: Theoy of antisymmetric exchange in metallic antiferromagnetic thin films
- 2018-2019 Mette Wirak (Next position: Software engineer @ Cisco)
Project: Spin dynamics in magnetic structures: A numerical study
- 2018-2019 Kristian B. Næss (Next position: Management Consultant Associate @ PwC)
Project: Thermoelectric properties of (anti)ferromagnet/superconductor hybrid junctions
- 2017-2018 Andreas S. Krogen (Next position: PhD student @ TU Delft )
Project: All-optical magnetisation switching in 2D metallic ferro- and antiferromagnetic Systems
- 2016-2017 Lars A. Kristiansen (Next position: Software developer)
Project: Spin-orbit-induced dynamics of magnetic textures
Currently there is no opening.
If you are interested, there might be possibilities through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, Individual Fellowships .
Currently there is no opening.
There are possibilities for master thesis/specialization projects in our group. Please contact me by email for more information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Ultrafast generation and dynamics of isolated skyrmions in antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 99 (5).
- (2019) Anisotropies and magnetic phase transitions in insulating antiferromagnets determined by a Spin-Hall magnetoresistance probe. Communications Physics. vol. 2.
- (2019) Ultrafast control of spin interactions in honeycomb antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 100 (6).
- (2018) Asymmetric and Symmetric Exchange in a Generalized 2D Rashba Ferromagnet. Physical Review Letters. vol. 121 (8).
- (2018) Intrinsic Spin-Orbit Torque Arising from the Berry Curvature in a Metallic-Magnet/Cu-Oxide Interface. Physical Review Letters. vol. 121 (1).
- (2018) Tunable long-distance spin transport in a crystalline antiferromagnetic iron oxide. Nature. vol. 561 (7722).
- (2018) Theory of the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction in Rashba Antiferromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (19).
- (2018) Quantum magnetization fluctuations via spin shot noise. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (22).
- (2018) Controlling chiral domain walls in antiferromagnets using spin-wave helicity. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (2).
- (2017) Generation of single skyrmions by picosecond magnetic field pulses. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (14).
- (2017) Quantum capacitance of double-layer graphene. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (7).
- (2017) Spin Superfluidity in Biaxial Antiferromagnetic Insulators. Physical Review Letters. vol. 118 (13).
- (2014) Antiferromagnetic domain wall motion induced by spin waves. Physical Review Letters. vol. 112 (14).
- (2013) Manipulation of ferromagnets via the spin-selective optical Stark effect. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 88 (6).
- (2013) Staggered Dynamics in Antiferromagnets by Collective Coordinates. Physical Review Letters. vol. 110 (12).