Amir M. Kaynia
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Fragility of transport assets exposed to multiple hazards: State-of-the-art review toward infrastructural resilience. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 191 (106567).
- (2019) Numerical modeling of liquefaction and its impact on anchor piles for floating offshore structures. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. vol. 127.
- (2019) A Poroelastic Solution for Dynamics of Laterally Loaded Offshore Monopiles. Ocean Engineering. vol. 179.
- (2019) Influence of vertical shear stresses due to pile-soil interaction on lateral dynamic responses for offshore monopiles. Marine Structures. vol. 64.
- (2019) Dynamic properties of lightweight foamed glass and their effect on railway vibration. Transportation Geotechnics. vol. 21.
- (2019) Effect of foundation type and modelling on dynamic response and fatigue of offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 22 (12).
- (2019) Advantages and limitation of using 2-D FE modelling for assessment of effect of mitigation measures for railway vibrations. Applied Acoustics. vol. 155.
- (2019) REDWIN Foundation Models for Integrated Dynamic Analyses of Offshore Wind Turbines. International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering (OMAE) [proceedings].
- (2019) Behavior and Critical Failure Modes of Strip Foundations on Slopes under Seismic and Structural Loading. International Journal of Geomechanics. vol. 19 (6).
- (2019) V–H–M seismic capacity envelopes of strip foundations on slopes for capacity design of structure-foundation system. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering. vol. 17 (6).
- (2018) Seismic considerations in design of offshore wind turbines. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering.
- (2018) Nonlinear soil-pile interaction for offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 21 (7).
- (2018) A new method for estimation of critical speed for railway tracks on soft ground. International Journal of Rail Transportation. vol. 6 (4).
- (2018) Stiffness matrices for fluid and anisotropic soil layers with applications in soil dynamics. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. vol. 115.
- (2018) Behavior of slopes under multiple adjacent footings and buildings. International Journal of Geomechanics. vol. 18:04018062 (7).
- (2018) REDWIN – REDucing cost in offshore WINd by integrated structural and geotechnical design. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2017) Accelerated mass movement activities due to increased rainfall in the Nainital township, Kumaun Lesser Himalaya, India. Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie. vol. 61 (1).
- (2017) Effect of track defects on vibration from high speed train. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) Implementation of a non-linear foundation model for soil-structure interaction analysis of offshore wind turbines in FAST. Wind Energy. vol. 20 (4).
- (2017) FE simulation of steady state wave motion in solids combined with a PML approach. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.