Background and activities
My primary occupation is as Deputy Director at Alexandra Institute. My doctorate is in computer science from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, where I'm also also an adjunct professor. My research interests include knowledge-intensive case-based reasoning, cognitive science and intelligent systems in general.
As adjunct associate professor I focus on applied artificial intelligence.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Lazy learned screening for efficient recruitment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11680.
- (2019) A CBR-ANN hybrid for dynamic environments. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2567.
- (2017) Users' perceptions on digital visualization of neuropathic cancer-related pain. Health Informatics Journal. vol. 25 (3).
- (2015) Designing a reliable pain drawing tool: avoiding interaction flaws by better tailoring to patients’ impairments. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. vol. 19 (3-4).
- (2014) Case-based reasoning for improving traffic flow in urban intersections. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8765.
- (2014) Learning to Rank for Personalized Fashion Recommender Systems via Implicit Feedback. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8891.
- (2014) Using multi-armed bandit to solve cold-start problems in recommender systems at telco. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8891.
- (2013) Proceed with Caution: Transition from Paper to Computerized Pain Body Maps. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 21.
- (2013) ESUMS: A mobile system for continuous home monitoring of rehabilitation patients. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 35th.
- (2012) Social Network for Elderly. Lecture Notes in Informatics. vol. 204.
- (2012) Co-Living Social Community for Elderly. Lecture Notes in Informatics. vol. 204.
- (2012) Towards quality assurance of AAL services. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 177.
- (2011) Modelling with Problem Frames: The Knowledge Needed for Explanation-Aware Ambient Intelligent Systems. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. vol. 227.
- (2011) Modelling with Problem Frames: Explanations and Context in Ambient Intelligent Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 6967.
- (2011) A design for a tourist CF system. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. vol. 227.
- (2011) myEACBR – myCBR as explanation-aware Protégé plugin. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 829.
- (2011) Myrmidia - Case-based reasoning for Warhammer Fantasy Battle army building. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 829.
- (2010) Proxies for Privacy in Ambient Systems. Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications. vol. 1 (4).
- (2010) An empirical investigation of attitude towards location-aware social network service. International Journal of Mobile Communications. vol. 8 (1).
- (2009) Case-Based Reasoning for Situation-Aware Ambient Intelligence: A Hospital Ward Evaluation Study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 5650.
- Other information technology
- Computer technology
- Communication and distributed systems
- Knowledge-based systems
- Theory of knowledge
- Knowledge systems
- Distributed systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Mobile informatics
- Learning and problem-solving
- Machine learning
- Mobile applications & services
- Mobile communication & computing
- Knowledge management
- Case-Based Reasoning
- Knowledge modelling
- Knowledge acquisition
- Big Data