Background and activities
My primary occupation is in PiedBoeuf where I work with implementation of artificial intelligence in industry. My doctorate is in computer science from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, where I'm also also a professor. My research interests include knowledge-intensive case-based reasoning, cognitive science and intelligent systems in general.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Lazy learned screening for efficient recruitment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11680.
- (2019) A CBR-ANN hybrid for dynamic environments. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2567.
- (2017) Users' perceptions on digital visualization of neuropathic cancer-related pain. Health Informatics Journal. vol. 25 (3).
- (2015) Designing a reliable pain drawing tool: avoiding interaction flaws by better tailoring to patients’ impairments. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. vol. 19 (3-4).
- (2014) Case-based reasoning for improving traffic flow in urban intersections. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8765.
- (2014) Learning to Rank for Personalized Fashion Recommender Systems via Implicit Feedback. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8891.
- (2014) Using multi-armed bandit to solve cold-start problems in recommender systems at telco. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8891.
- (2013) Proceed with Caution: Transition from Paper to Computerized Pain Body Maps. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 21.
- (2013) ESUMS: A mobile system for continuous home monitoring of rehabilitation patients. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 35th.
- (2012) Social Network for Elderly. Lecture Notes in Informatics. vol. 204.
- (2012) Co-Living Social Community for Elderly. Lecture Notes in Informatics. vol. 204.
- (2012) Towards quality assurance of AAL services. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 177.
- (2011) Modelling with Problem Frames: The Knowledge Needed for Explanation-Aware Ambient Intelligent Systems. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. vol. 227.
- (2011) Modelling with Problem Frames: Explanations and Context in Ambient Intelligent Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 6967.
- (2011) A design for a tourist CF system. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. vol. 227.
- (2011) myEACBR – myCBR as explanation-aware Protégé plugin. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 829.
- (2011) Myrmidia - Case-based reasoning for Warhammer Fantasy Battle army building. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 829.
- (2010) Proxies for Privacy in Ambient Systems. Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications. vol. 1 (4).
- (2010) An empirical investigation of attitude towards location-aware social network service. International Journal of Mobile Communications. vol. 8 (1).
- (2009) Case-Based Reasoning for Situation-Aware Ambient Intelligence: A Hospital Ward Evaluation Study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 5650.
- Other information technology
- Computer technology
- Communication and distributed systems
- Knowledge-based systems
- Theory of knowledge
- Knowledge systems
- Distributed systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Mobile informatics
- Learning and problem-solving
- Machine learning
- Mobile applications & services
- Mobile communication & computing
- Knowledge management
- Case-Based Reasoning
- Knowledge modelling
- Knowledge acquisition
- Big Data