Anders Johny Olsen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Developmental effects in fish embryos exposed to oil dispersions – the impact of crude oil micro-droplets. Marine Environmental Research. vol. 150:104753.
- (2019) The β-oxidation pathway is downregulated during diapause termination in Calanus copepods. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) A Crude Awakening: Effects of Crude Oil on Lipid Metabolism in Calanoid Copepods Terminating Diapause. The Biological Bulletin. vol. 237 (2).
- (2018) Partitioning of PAHs between crude oil microdroplets, water, and copepod biomass in oil-in-seawater dispersions of different crude oils. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 52 (24).
- (2018) Impact of environmental hypercapnia on fertilization success rate and the early embryonic development of the clam Limecola balthica (Bivalvia, Tellinidae) from the southern Baltic Sea – A potential CO2 leakage case study. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 136.
- (2017) Exposure of juvenile turbot (Scophthalmus maximus) to silver nanoparticles and 17α-ethinylestradiol mixtures: Implications for contaminant uptake and plasma steroid hormone levels. Environmental Pollution (1987). vol. 220.
- (2017) Acute and physical effects of water-based drilling mud in the marine copepod Calanus finmarchicus. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. vol. 80 (16-18).
- (2017) Exposure to crude oil micro-droplets causes reduced food uptake in copepods associated with alteration in their metabolic profiles. Aquatic Toxicology. vol. 184.
- (2016) Acute toxicity of dispersed crude oil on the cold-water copepod Calanus finmarchicus: Elusive implications of lipid content. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. vol. 79 (13-15).
- (2016) Transcriptomics of diapause and lipid accumulation in the marine copepod Calanus finmarchicus. Integrative and Comparative Biology. vol. 56.
- (2015) The impact of TiO2 nanoparticles on uptake and toxicity of benzo(a)pyrene in the blue mussel (Mytilus edulis). Science of the Total Environment. vol. 511.
- (2015) Reproduction dynamics in copepods following exposure to chemically and mechanically dispersed crude oil. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 49 (6).
- (2015) Oil droplet ingestion and oil fouling in the copepod Calanus finmarchicus exposed to mechanically and chemically dispersed crude oil. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 34 (8).
- (2015) Biotransformation of petroleum hydrocarbons and microbial communities in seawater with oil dispersions and copepod feces. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 101 (2).
- (2015) Concentrations of viable oil-degrading microorganisms are increased in feces from Calanus finmarchicus feeding in petroleum oil dispersions. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 98 (1-2).
- (2014) Sex and life stage dependent phototactic response of the marine copepod Calanus finmarchicus (Copepoda: Calanoida). Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology. vol. 451.
- (2014) Multigenerational exposure to ocean acidification during food limitation reveals consequences for copepod scope for growth and vital rates. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 48 (20).
- (2014) Effects of elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations on early developmental stages of the marine copepod Calanus finmarchicus gunnerus (Copepoda: Calanoidae). Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. vol. 77 (9-11).
- (2014) Endocrine and AhR-CYP1A pathway responses to the water-soluble fraction of oil in zebrafish (Danio rerio Hamilton). Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. vol. 77.
- (2014) Metabolic shifts associated with progression through the last juvenile stage in the copepod Calanus finmarchicus. Integrative and Comparative Biology. vol. 55.