Anders Hammer Strømman
Background and activities
Anders Hammer Strømman is a Professor with the Industrial Ecology Programme at NTNU. He conducts research spanning multiple sectors and environmental issues through application and development of life cycle assessment and multi regional input-output analysis methods.
In 2011 Professor Strømman received the Laudise medal in Industrial Ecology in recognition of his work. He is currently serving as a lead author to the working group three of the sixth assessment report of the IPCC. On a daily basis he teaches graduate courses in Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental input-output analysis for the students of the Industrial Ecology and Energy & Environment study programs at NTNU.
- TEP4223 - Life Cycle Assessment
- TEP4930 - Industrial Ecology, Master's Thesis
- EP8900 - Integrated Assessment Modelling
- TEP5100 - Industrial Ecology, Project
- EP8108 - Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental Systems Analysis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Online Internal Temperature Sensors in Lithium-Ion Batteries: State-of-the-art and Future Trends. Frontiers in Chemical Engineering. vol. 4.
- (2022) Estimating CO2 Emissions for 108,000 European Cities. Earth System Science Data. vol. 14.
- (2022) Analysis of the Li-ion battery industry in light of the global transition to electric passenger light duty vehicles until 2050. Environmental research: infrastructure and sustainability.
- (2021) Emissions of electric vehicle charging in future scenarios: The effects of time of charging. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 25 (5).
- (2021) Opportunities for the state-of-the-art production of LIB Electrodes – A review. Energies. vol. 14 (5).
- (2021) Plastic packaging flows in Europe: A hybrid input-output approach. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 25 (6).
- (2021) Regionalized climate footprints of battery electric vehicles in Europe. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 322.
- (2021) Life cycle assessment of fuel cell systems for light duty vehicles, current state-of-the-art and future impacts. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 280 (2).
- (2021) A Flexible Model for Benchmarking the Energy Usage of Automotive Lithium-Ion Battery Cell Manufacturing. Batteries. vol. 7 (1).
- (2021) Global Shipping Emissions from a Well-to-Wake Perspective: The MariTEAM Model. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 55 (22).
- (2021) Life cycle modelling of extraction and processing of battery minerals—a parametric approach. Batteries. vol. 7 (3).
- (2020) Lifting the veil on the correction of double counting incidents in hybrid life cycle assessment. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 24 (3).
- (2020) Hybridization of complete PLCA and MRIO databases for a comprehensive product system coverage. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 24 (4).
- (2020) A life-cycle assessment model for zero emission neighborhoods. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 24 (3).
- (2020) Study of an Industrial Electrode Dryer of a Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturing Plant: Dynamic Modelling. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings. vol. 176.
- (2019) Assessment of lignocellulosic biorefineries in Germany using a hybrid LCA multi‐objective optimization model. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 23 (5).
- (2019) Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of a Novel Al-Ion and a Li-Ion Battery for Stationary Applications. Materials. vol. 12 (19).
- (2018) Cooling aerosols and changes in albedo counteract warming from CO2 and black carbon from forest bioenergy in Norway. Scientific Reports. vol. 8.
- (2018) Quantifying the climate response to extreme land cover changes in Europe with a regional model. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 13 (7).
- (2018) Climate impacts of retention forestry in a Swedish boreal pine forest. Journal of Land Use Science. vol. 13 (3).