Background and activities
PhD project title: Condensation of SiO and CO in silicon production. Started in July 2017
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Studying of SiO and CO condensation reactions kinetics.
- Characterization of industrial samples and condensation products from SiO and CO by TEM, SEM, XPS, XRD, EDX, Raman, FT-IR.
- Theories on mechanism of formation of condensates
- Calculation of temperature and partial pressure intervals for condensation products, for industrial applications
- HSC Chemistry modeling of species in the gas and solid phase
- Study of crystallographic defects in nanostructured compounds
- Impurities containing Fe, Al, Ca and Ti in MG-Si
M.Sc. in "Light Metals, Silicon and Ferro-Alloy Production" in 2015 at NTNU
M.Sc. in "Materials Engineering and Nanotechnology" in 2017 at Politecnico di Milano.
Master thesis title: "Inclusion optimized silicon for the production of silicones"
1. A. Broggi, "Growth of impurity phases below the melting point of silicon and consequences on the fluidized bed reactor efficiency" in "Silicon for the Chemical and Solar Industry XIII", 2016.
2. A. Broggi, E. Ringdalen, M. Tangstad, “Small scale experiments simulating condensation of SiO and CO in silicon production,” presented at the Silicon for the Chemical and Solar Industry XIV, Svolvær, Norway, 2018.
3. A. Broggi, E. Ringdalen, M. Tangstad, “Condensation of SiO and CO in silicon production - a literature review,” presented at the Peter Hayes Symposium on Metallurgical Processing, Ottawa, Canada, 2018.
4. A. Broggi, E. Ringdalen, M. Tangstad, "Crystal defects and contact angles in SiC-SiOx core-shell nanowires", presented at "International Conference of Silicon Carbide and Related Materials", Kyoto, Japan, 2019.
5. A. Broggi, E. Ringdalen, M. Tangstad, "Characterization of Si-SiO2 mixture generated from SiO and CO" (approved, to be published)