Background and activities
I am an evolutionary ecologist using ancient and modern DNA to study evolution through time and space.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Evidence of long-term purging of mutation load in killer whale genomes. bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology.
- (2021) Runs of homozygosity in killer whale genomes provide a global record of demographic histories. Molecular Ecology.
- (2021) Ancient and modern stickleback genomes reveal the demographic constraints on adaptation. Current Biology. vol. 31.
- (2021) Selection on ancestral genetic variation fuels repeated ecotype formation in bottlenose dolphins. Science Advances. vol. 7 (44).
- (2021) Rapid Parallel Adaptation to Anthropogenic Heavy Metal Pollution. Molecular Biology and Evolution (MBE). vol. 38 (9).
- (2020) Inference of natural selection from ancient DNA. Evolution Letters. vol. 4 (2).
- (2020) Phylogenomics and species delimitation for effective conservation of manta and devil rays. Molecular Ecology. vol. 29 (24).
- (2020) Building genomic infrastructure: Sequencing platinum-standard reference-quality genomes of all cetacean species. Marine mammal science. vol. 36 (4).