Ángel Álvarez Pardiñas
Background and activities
2019-Now. Researcher, NTNU, Norway. Projects HighEFFLab WP3 Expander Test Laboratory (https://www.sintef.no/projectweb/highefflab/) and EU H2020 TRI-HP (https://www.tri-hp.eu/).
2016-2019. Postdoctoral fellow in SuperSmart-Rack project (244009/E20) and HighEFF-Lab WP3, NTNU, Norway.
2012-2016. PhD Thesis "Contributions to the study of pool boiling and spray evaporation on horizontal tubes", Universidade de Vigo, Spain.
2011-2012. Master of research in Advanced Industrial Technologies and Processes, University of Vigo, Spain.
2010-2011. Final Year Project "Optimization of a crystallization test rig", University of Applied Sciences of Karlsruhe, Germany.
2005-2011. Industrial Engineering specialized in Mechanical Engineering, University of Vigo, Spain.
- Heat transfer coefficients of single phase and phase change processes.
- Refrigeration and heat pump technologies.
- Implementation of natural refrigerants in vapour compression refrigeration systems.
- Refrigeration systems with CO2 as refrigerant.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) ANN modelling of CO2 refrigerant cooling system COP in a smart warehouse. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 260.
- (2019) Data-driven modeling of a CO2 refrigeration system. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 2019-July.
- (2019) CO2 refrigeration technology: Possible innovations. Science et technique du froid. vol. 2019-April.
- (2019) Data-driven modelling of a R744 refrigeration system with parallel compression configuration. Proceedings of the 25th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration. Montréal, Canada, August 24-30, 2019.
- (2019) Modelling and development of high-pressure-lift ejector for low temperature evaporators in R744 refrigeration systems for supermarkets. Proceedings of the 25th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration. Montréal, Canada, August 24-30, 2019.
- (2019) Experimental investigation of CO2 systems for Indian supermarkets with parallel configuration of multiejectors (INDEE). Proceedings of the 25th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration. Montréal, Canada, August 24-30, 2019.
- (2019) Design of an Experimental ORC Expander Setup Using Natural Working Fluids. Proceedings of the 5th International Seminar on ORC Power Systems.
- (2019) CO2 cooling challenges at CERN for the future phase 2 upgrade program. Proceedings of the 25th IIR International Congress of Refrigeration. Montréal, Canada, August 24-30, 2019.
- (2018) Integrated R744 ejector supportet parallel compression racks for supermarkets : experimental results. Proceedings of the 13th IIR Gustav Lorentzen Conference, Valencia, 2018.
- (2017) Experimental analysis of a ground source heat pump in a residential installation after two years in operation. Renewable Energy. vol. 114.
- (2017) State-of-the-Art for the use of Phase-Change Materials in Tanks Coupled with Heat Pumps. Energy and Buildings. vol. 140.
- (2017) Novel integrated CO2 vapour compression racks for supermarkets. Thermodynamic analysis of possible system configurations and influence of operational conditions. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 131.
- (2016) Heat transfer performance of functionalized graphene nanoplatelet aqueous nanofluids. Materials. vol. 9 (6).
- (2016) Experimental heat transfer coefficients of pool boiling and spray evaporation of ammonia on a horizontal plain tube. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 67.
- (2016) Heat transfer enhancement of ammonia pool boiling with an integral-fin tube. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 69.
- (2016) Experimental investigation on heat transfer and pressure drop of ZnO/ethylene glycol-water nanofluids in transition flow. Applied Thermal Engineering. vol. 93.
- (2016) Modelling vapour compression cycles with R744 for residential heat pumps adapted to the Spanish climate. Science et technique du froid.
- (2014) Refrigerant falling film evaporation review: Description, fluid dynamics and heat transfer. Applied Thermal Engineering.
- (2014) Experimental determination of the boiling heat transfer coefficients of R-134a and R-417A on a smooth copper tube. Heat Transfer Engineering.