Anita Oxaas Karlsen
Background and activities
I holds a master degree in sociology, and work as a senior adviser at Department of Education and Lifelong Learning. I have 25 years of experience as managerial support, 13 of these as head of office at both medical and social scientific departments at NTNU which also involved being administrative leader at the start-up for MI Lab (Medical Imaging) which was a SFI (Centre for Reseach-based Innovation) granted by the Norwegian Research Council in 2007.
In addition, I work on completing a PhD-study of sick leave and disability pension and have been part of the research project Individual, cultural and structural causes for sick leave and exclusion from work in early age.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Openings and Barriers: Institutional Reforms and the Structuring of Young Work-seekers' Routes Towards Disability Pension. Congress of Qualitative Inquiry . University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Illinois. 2015-05-20 - 2015-05-23.
- (2014) Four tragedies and a happy ending – autobiographical interpretations of unemployment. Journal of Youth Studies. vol. 17 (10).
- (2012) Hvorfor mottar stadig flere uføretrygd?. Fra ungdom til voksen - fra skole til arbeid . Oppvekstprogrammet Nord-Trøndelag; HiNT Levanger. 2012-01-26 - 2012-01-26.
- (2011) A view from below. What can we learn from young men entering working life after many years of exclusion?. Sykefravær og uførhet i Norden . Norges forskningsråd; Svolvær. 2011-05-29 - 2011-05-31.
- (2011) ”I was offered a disability pension, but I rejected it. I am not too ill to work” Young adults struggling in their transition to working life. Understanding the Social World . The University of Huddersfield; Huddersfield. 2011-07-13 - 2011-07-15.
- (2011) Økningen av unge uføre indikerer sykdom, men er det de unge eller systemet som trenger ”medisin”?. Trygdeforskningsseminaret 2011 . Høgskolen i Lillehammer og NAV Oppland; Lillehammer. 2011-11-28 - 2011-11-29.
- (2009) Epidemiologisk forskning om uførepensjon i Norden. Norsk Epidemiologi. vol. 19 (2).