Anita Oxaas Karlsen
Background and activities
I am a senior advisor working on research administration. Recently, I have been head of office at both medical and social scientific departments at NTNU which also involved administrative leadership at the establishment of MI Lab (Medical Imaging), a Centre for Reseach-based Innovation (SFI) granted by the Norwegian Research Council in 2007.
In addition, I participated in the research project Individual, cultural and structural causes for sick leave and exclusion from work in early age (2009-2014)(ISM) Today I am part of the research group Relational Welfare and Well-being (IPL). My aim is to see narratives and discourse/structures in coherence - for the purpose of uncovering potential unintended consequenses of the political interventions and the welfare services per se.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Openings and Barriers: Institutional Reforms and the Structuring of Young Work-seekers' Routes Towards Disability Pension. Congress of Qualitative Inquiry . University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; Illinois. 2015-05-20 - 2015-05-23.
- (2014) Four tragedies and a happy ending – autobiographical interpretations of unemployment. Journal of Youth Studies. vol. 17 (10).
- (2012) Hvorfor mottar stadig flere uføretrygd?. Fra ungdom til voksen - fra skole til arbeid . Oppvekstprogrammet Nord-Trøndelag; HiNT Levanger. 2012-01-26 - 2012-01-26.
- (2011) A view from below. What can we learn from young men entering working life after many years of exclusion?. Sykefravær og uførhet i Norden . Norges forskningsråd; Svolvær. 2011-05-29 - 2011-05-31.
- (2011) ”I was offered a disability pension, but I rejected it. I am not too ill to work” Young adults struggling in their transition to working life. Understanding the Social World . The University of Huddersfield; Huddersfield. 2011-07-13 - 2011-07-15.
- (2011) Økningen av unge uføre indikerer sykdom, men er det de unge eller systemet som trenger ”medisin”?. Trygdeforskningsseminaret 2011 . Høgskolen i Lillehammer og NAV Oppland; Lillehammer. 2011-11-28 - 2011-11-29.
- (2009) Epidemiologisk forskning om uførepensjon i Norden. Norsk Epidemiologi. vol. 19 (2).