Background and activities
I have a nursing degree from Sør-Trøndelag University College (2002). I worked the first years at the medical lung department, then at the Pediatric Acute Ward and the Sexual Assault Unit at St. Olav's hospital. In 2011, I completed a master's degree in clinical health sciences at NTNU, and in 2012 I started as an assistant professor at the Department of Public Health and Nursing, NTNU.
In April 2021, I completed a PhD in medicine and health sciences at NTNU, associated with the project "Elderly abuse in residential care settings - a multi-method study on abuse and neglect of elderly patients in Norwegian nursing homes", funded by the Research Council of Norway (HelseVel). After this, I got a position as an associate professor at the Department of Public Health and Nursing, where I am currently responsible for a course at the bachelor's degree in nursing (2nd year of study) and the master's degree in advanced clinical general nursing, which starts for the first time in autumn 2024.
My professional and research interests; violence, abuse and neglect of children, adults and older adults, resident-to-resident aggression in nursing homes, nursing for children and the elderly, health information, simulation and systematic clinical examination and assessment.
- FH3009 - Ageing and Health
- SYT2102 - Clinical Assessments in Nursing - Health Promotion and Rehabilitation
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Factors associated with staff-to-resident abuse in Norwegian nursing homes: a cross-sectional exploratory study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 21 (1).
- (2020) Elder abuse in Norwegian nursing homes: a cross-sectional exploratory study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 20 (9).
- (2020) Resident-to-resident aggression in Norwegian nursing homes: a cross-sectional exploratory study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 20.
- (2020) A literature review of survey instruments used to measure staff-to-resident abuse in residential care settings. Nursing Open. vol. 00.
- (2014) Internet use among mothers of young children in Norway-a survey of Internet habits and perceived parental competence when caring for a sick child. Journal of Public Health (Berlin). vol. 22 (5).
- (2013) Multimedia based health information to parents in a pediatric acute ward: A randomized controlled trial. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 93 (3).