Background and activities
Mailing adress: PB 1517, 6025 Ålesund
Visiting adress: Larsgårdsveien 2, 6009 Ålesund
Associate professor in Department of biological sciences Ålesund. Working with molecular biology analysis such as DGGE, MLST, NGS, qPCR and PCR, and immunoasays such as ELISA and EIA. Are particularly interested in metagenomics, and are currently wokring with metagenomics, NGS and characteriazation of marine microbiome. Working on stress, related to salmon health and welfare, with EIA and HPLC analysis of stress related hormones shuch as cortisol.
In my PhD I was working on microbial communities on ticks, and genotyping of Borrelia spp..
- Applied bioinformatics
- Bbsic/ applied Biotechnology
- Micobial ecology
- Biochemistry (DNA structure/ Protein)
- Instrumental analysis (Nucleicacid techniques)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Establishment of a non-invasive method for stress evaluation in farmed salmon based on direct fecal corticoid metabolites measurement. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 66.
- (2017) The Phe362Tyr mutation conveying resistance to organophosphates occurs in high frequencies in salmon lice collected from wild salmon and trout. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:14258.
- (2014) Exploring Diversity among Norwegian Borrelia Strains Originating from Ixodes ricinus Ticks. International Journal of Microbiology. vol. 2014.
- (2014) Forekomst av Borrelia i flått fra Nordvest-Norge. BestPractice Infeksjonsmedisin NO nr. 5.. vol. 5.
- (2014) Genetisk mangfold i Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato :. Bioingeniøren. vol. 49 (10).
- (2014) Prevalence and Diversity among Anaplasma phagocytophilum Strains Originating from Ixodes ricinus Ticks from Northwest Norway. Journal of Pathogens.
- (2013) Prevalence of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, Borrelia afzelii, Borrelia garinii, and Borrelia valaisiana in Ixodes ricinus ticks from the northwest of Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 45 (9).
- (2013) DGGE Identification of Microorganisms Associated With Borrelia burgdorferi Sensu Lato- or Anaplasma phagocytophilum-infected Ixodes ricinus Ticks from Northwest Norway. International Journal of Microbiology.
- (2011) Identification of Bacteria Infecting Ixodes ricinus Ticks by 16S rDNA Amplification and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis. Vector Borne and Zoonotic Diseases.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Fargemetoder for prøvepreparering ved histologiske undersøkelser og fluoresense in situ hybridisering for studier av amøbegjellesykdom (AGD) i gjellevev og lakselus. Blue Bio-resources.
- (2014) Tick borne pathogens: detection and characterization of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, Borrelia afzelii, Borrelia garinii and Borrelia valaisiana in Ixodes ricinus ticks. 2014. ISBN 978-82-575-1927-8. Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) Thesis (23).
- (2015) Avsluttningsseminar Ticklessprosjektet. Avsluttningsseminar Tickless . Bioforsk; Rica Seilet Molde. 2015-03-20 - 2015-03-20.
- (2012) Identification of tick borne bacteria by PCR and denaturing gradeint gel electrophoresis. 30th wolrd congress of biomedical laboratory science ; Berlin. 2012-08-18 - 2012-08-22.