Background and activities
Mailing adress: PB 1517, 6025 Ålesund
Visiting adress: Larsgårdsveien 2, 6009 Ålesund
Associate professor in Department of biological sciences Ålesund. Working with molecular biology analysis such as DGGE, MLST, NGS, qPCR and PCR, and immunoasays such as ELISA and EIA. Are particularly interested in metagenomics, and are currently wokring with metagenomics, NGS and characteriazation of marine microbiome. Working on stress, related to salmon health and welfare, with EIA and HPLC analysis of stress related hormones shuch as cortisol.
In my PhD I was working on microbial communities on ticks, and genotyping of Borrelia spp..
- Applied bioinformatics
- Bbsic/ applied Biotechnology
- Micobial ecology
- Biochemistry (DNA structure/ Protein)
- Instrumental analysis (Nucleicacid techniques)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Mayday, Mayday, Mayday: Using salivary cortisol to detect distress (and eustress!) in critical incident training. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics. vol. 78.
- (2020) Aquaculture-driven evolution: distribution of pyrethroid resistance in the salmon louse throughout the North Atlantic in the years 2000–2017. ICES Journal of Marine Science. vol. 77 (5).
- (2020) A salty start: Brackish water start-up as a microbial management strategy for nitrifying bioreactors with variable salinity. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 739.
- (2020) Biofilms remember: Osmotic stress priming as a microbial management strategy for improving salinity acclimation in nitrifying biofilms. Water Research. vol. 176.
- (2019) Salmon lice sampled from wild Atlantic salmon and sea trout throughout Norway display high frequencies of the genotype Associated with pyrethroid resistance. Aquaculture Environment Interactions. vol. 11.
- (2019) Current approaches in decoding the molecular mechanisms of long-term stress in adult farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Reviews in Aquaculture.
- (2019) Modelling the impact of climate change on flow and E. coli concentration in the catchment of an ungauged drinking water source in Norway. Journal of Hydrology. vol. 573.
- (2017) Establishment of a non-invasive method for stress evaluation in farmed salmon based on direct fecal corticoid metabolites measurement. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. vol. 66.
- (2011) Identification of Bacteria Infecting Ixodes ricinus Ticks by 16S rDNA Amplification and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis. Vector Borne and Zoonotic Diseases.
- (2014) Tick borne pathogens: detection and characterization of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto, Borrelia afzelii, Borrelia garinii and Borrelia valaisiana in Ixodes ricinus ticks. 2014. ISBN 978-82-575-1927-8. Philosophiae Doctor (PhD) Thesis (23).
- (2018) 16S and 18S metagenomics analysis of fouling residues from aquaculture. 18th European congress on biotechnology . European federation of biotechnology; Geneve. 2018-07-01 - 2018-07-04.