Background and activities
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
I'm currently interested in model engineering, with a special focus on probabilistic models for the assessment of performance of complex technical systems.
I'm working on mathematical foundations (including complexity issues), assessment algorithms and heuristics, modeling languages and modeling methodologies. I'm also developing software tools.
I am currently teaching at NTNU and Ecole Centrale de Paris master and PhD level courses on Model-Based System Engineering and Safety & Reliability Engineering.
I am also teaching a course on (an Introduction to) Complex System Engineering for the 1rst year students of Ecole Centrale de Paris (500 students). This course is duplicated at Beihang University/Centrale Pékin.
The publication list below is highly incomplete. I gave up filling the Cristin data-base.
You can find an updated list of publications and more information about my work on my webpage of the AltaRica Association http://www.altarica-association.org/members/arauzy/arauzy.html
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) AltaRica 3.0 in ten modelling patterns. International Journal of Critical Computer-Based Systems. vol. 9 (1-2).
- (2019) Model Synchronization: A Formal Framework for the Management of Heterogeneous Models. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11842 LNCS.
- (2019) Modeling patterns for the assessment of maintenance policies with altaRica 3.0. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11842 LNCS.
- (2019) Foundations for model‐based systems engineering and model‐based safety assessment. Systems Engineering. vol. 22 (2).
- (2019) Decision diagram algorithms to extract minimal cutsets of finite degradation models. Information. vol. 10 (12).
- (2019) Finite degradation structures. Journal of Applied Logics (JAL-FLAP). vol. 6 (7).
- (2019) FDS-ML: A new modeling formalism for probabilistic risk and safety analyses. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11842 LNCS.
- (2019) Model synthesis using boolean expression diagrams. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 186.
- (2018) Scenario-oriented reverse engineering of complex railway system specifications. Systems Engineering. vol. 21 (2).
- (2018) Modeling the CBTC Railway System of Siemens with ScOLa. International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems Research. vol. 16 (3).
- (2018) Modeling patterns for reliability assessment of safety instrumented systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 180.
- (2018) Production availability analysis of Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) systems. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 74.
- (2018) Notes on Computational Uncertainties in Probabilistic Risk/Safety Assessment. Entropy. vol. 20 (3).
- (2017) Safety Analyzes of Mechatronics Systems: a Case Study. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (1).
- (2017) AltaRica 3.0 assertions: The whys and wherefores. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 231 (6).
- (2017) Safety Analysis of a Data Center’s Electrical System Using Production Trees. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10437 LNCS.
- (2017) A scenario-based FMEA method and its evaluation in a railway context. Proceedings. Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS).
- (2017) Production trees: A new modeling methodology for production availability analyses. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 167.
- (2017) Toward model synchronization between safety analysis and system architecture design in industrial contexts. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10437 LNCS.
- (2017) Modeling patterns for performance analyses of offshore production systems. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings.