Course - Project and Quality Management, Specialization Project - TPK4520
TPK4520 - Project and Quality Management, Specialization Project
Examination arrangement: Work
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
The course includes aspects of project and quality management.
- Specialisation in one or more topics in project management and apply these in a theoretical or industry-oriented tasks.
- Basic understanding of scientefic research and report writing.
- Be able to acquire knowledge through literature and other sources.
- Be able to collect information or data through empirical studies
- Be able to assess the relevance of sources and relate that to the task context.
- Carry out independent project work, including preparation of project plans and milestones.
- Be able to write comperhensiv project reports and the ability to present project work.
General competencies (attitudes):
- Develop ability to perform analysis, assessments and provide accurate and relevant conclusions.
Learning methods and activities
Independent project work with guidance and advice. The guidance and advice are in English when students who do not speak Norwegian take the course.
Further on evaluation
Information about writing and submitting your project can be found on NTNU's website under your department. If the project is performed as group work, the students and supervisor shall make an agreement (preferably at start-up) about individual or joint assessment of the final project report. The project has to be submitted in NTNU's examination system Inspera Assessment.
For a re-take of an examination, all assessments during the course must be re-taken.
Recommended previous knowledge
Students should ideally have all or most of the following courses (that are part of the 2-year international master program in project management):
- TBA5200 Project Planning and Analysis
- TPK5100 Project Planning and Control
- TIØ5200 Project Organizations
- TIØ5210 Programme and Portfolio Management
- TIØ5215 Global Governance of Sustainable Supply Chains
- TPK5160 Risk Analysis
- TPK4110 Quality and Performance Oriented Management
- TPK5115 Risk Management in Projects
Deviations from this can be accepted depending on previous experience and topic for the project and master assignments, but should be discussed with the department. The student must choose TPK4420 Project Management (Flexibility) together with this specialization project
The course material will be presented at the start of the semester and during the semester.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Project Management
- Technological subjects
Examination arrangement: Work
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"