Background and activities
Briefly about myself
In my work as professor the main academic interests are:
- Project management
- Performance measurement and management
- Benchmarking and other improvement tools
Roles and positions:
- Director of the Master's program in Product Design and Manufacturing
- Center Director of Project Norway
- Co-Editor of International Journal of Production Planning & Control
- Academician in International Academy for Quality
- Member of IFIP WG5.7
- Member of a number of steering committees, boards, committees, and organizational commitees
- 1992-1995 Dr.ing. (Ph.D.) Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1995 - Visiting Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, USA
- 1987-1991 MSc.Eng. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, NTNU
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Labour productivity statistics: a reality check for the Norwegian construction industry. International Journal of Construction Management.
- (2019) Stakeholder evolution: a study of stakeholder dynamics in 12 Norwegian projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business.
- (2018) The hierarchy of public project governance frameworks: An empirical study of principles and practices in Norwegian ministries and agencies. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 11 (1).
- (2018) The top 10 universal delay factors in construction projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 11 (3).
- (2018) “Superfast!” managing the urgent: case study of telecommunications infrastructure project in Algeria. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 11 (2).
- (2018) Causes of Delay and their Cures in Major Norwegian Projects. Journal of Modern Project Management. vol. 5 (3).
- (2017) Project sustainability strategies: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 35 (6).
- (2017) Partnering in offshore drilling projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 10 (1).
- (2017) Defining Project Partnering. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 10 (4).
- (2017) Addressing the Performance of Order Acceptance. Procedia CIRP. vol. 63.
- (2017) Benchmarking healthcare logistics processes – a comparative case study of Danish and US hospitals. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence. vol. 30 (1-2).
- (2017) Operational integration in a craft-oriented small enterprise. The TQM Journal. vol. 29 (2).
- (2017) Analyzing electrical installation labor productivity through work sampling. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. vol. 66 (4).
- (2017) Relational base contracts – Needs and trends in Northern Europe. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 121.
- (2017) Project Partnering in the Construction Industry: Theory vs. Practice. Engineering Project Organisation Journal. vol. 8.
- (2016) A review of performance measurements for successful Concurrent Construction. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) Low estimates – high stakes: underestimation of costs at the front-end of projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 9 (1).
- (2016) Remedies for Managing Bottlenecks and Time-Thieves in Norwegian Construction Projects – Public vs Private Sector. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.
- (2016) A Conceptual Framework to Enhance Value Creation in Construction Projects. Procedia Computer Science. vol. 100.
- (2016) The Black Swan – Knowing the unknown in projects. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. vol. 226.