Bjørn Sørskot Andersen
Background and activities
Briefly about myself
In my work as professor the main academic interests are:
- Project management
- Performance measurement and management
- Benchmarking and other improvement tools
Roles and positions:
- Center Director of Project Norway
- Editor-in-Chief of the journjal Production Planning & Control: The Management of Operations
- Member of the Steering Group of the Concept programmt
- Academician in the International Academy for Quality
- Member of IFIP WG5.7
- Study program director oif ieprogramleder for masterprogrammet i teknologiledelse og digital omstilling
- Member of a number of steering committees, boards, committees, and organizational commitees
- 1992-1995 Dr.ing. (Ph.D.) Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1995 - Visiting Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, USA
- 1987-1991 MSc.Eng. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, NTNU
- TPK4520 - Project and Quality Management, Specialization Project
- PK6401 - Ethics, methods and science theory
- PK6235 - Executive Project Leadership Program
- IØ6205 - Leadership and Organising of Projects
- BOKO6000 - Master Thesis in Digital Economy
- TPK4920 - Project and Quality Management, Master's Thesis
- BA6250 - Lean Constructions Process
- PK8203 - Performance Measurement and Performance Indicators
- PK6245 - Managing Business in Projects - A Gaming Simulation Based Learning Experience
- TPK4110 - Quality and Performance Oriented Management
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Utilising Artificial Intelligence in Construction Site Waste Reduction. Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management. vol. 12 (3).
- (2022) Assessment of early warning signs in hospital projects’ front-end phase. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 15 (2).
- (2022) Biosphere-based sustainability in local governments: Sustainable development goal interactions and indicators for policymaking. Sustainable Development.
- (2022) How a project alliance influences project performance compared to traditional project practice – Findings from a case study in the Norwegian oil and gas industry. Journal of Modern Project Management. vol. 9 (3).
- (2022) The Prospective of Artificial Neural Network (ANN’s) Model Application to Ameliorate Management of Post Disaster Engineering Projects. Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- (2022) Impact of Pandemic SARS COVID-19 on Different Construction Project Management: Problems and Solutions. Public Works Management & Policy.
- (2021) Betingelser for god porteføljestyring. Stat og styring.
- (2021) Dissecting the project anatomy: Understanding the cost of managing construction projects. Production planning & control (Print).
- (2021) Follow the collaboration compass. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management. vol. 13 (3).
- (2021) Exploring collaboration in hospital projects’ front-end phase. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 39 (5).
- (2021) Project governance in state-owned enterprises: The case of major public projects’ governance arrangements and quality assurance schemes. Administrative Sciences. vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) Workarounds in application and use of manufacturing software as enablers to organizational change. Procedia CIRP. vol. 104.
- (2021) The emergence of lean construction in the Norwegian AEC industry. Construction Management and Economics.
- (2021) Linking partnering success factors to project performance - Findings from two nation-wide surveys. Project Leadership and Society (PLS). vol. 2.
- (2021) Causes of Problems in Post-Disaster Emergency Re-Construction Projects— Iraq as a Case Study. Public Works Management & Policy. vol. 27 (1).
- (2020) Labour productivity statistics: a reality check for the Norwegian construction industry. International Journal of Construction Management. vol. 20 (1).
- (2020) Økt samfunnsøkonomisk lønnsomhet ved bruk av prestasjonsinnkjøp?. Magma - Tidsskrift for økonomi og ledelse.
- (2020) In search of Empirical Evidence for the Relationship Between Collaboration and Project Performance. Journal of Modern Project Management. vol. 7 (4).
- (2020) Normalising deviance in construction project organizations a case study on the collapse of Carillion. Construction Management and Economics. vol. 38 (12).
- (2020) Hospital project front-end planning: Current practice and discovered challenges. Project Leadership and Society (PLS). vol. 1.