Bjørn Sørskot Andersen
Background and activities
Briefly about myself
In my work as professor the main academic interests are:
- Project management
- Performance measurement and management
- Benchmarking and other improvement tools
Roles and positions:
- Center Director of Project Norway
- Co-Editor of International Journal of Production Planning & Control
- Academician in International Academy for Quality
- Member of IFIP WG5.7
- Member of a number of steering committees, boards, committees, and organizational commitees
- 1992-1995 Dr.ing. (Ph.D.) Department of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1995 - Visiting Scholar at Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, USA
- 1987-1991 MSc.Eng. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, NTNU
- IØ6205 - Leadership and Organising of Projects
- PK8203 - Performance Measurement and Performance Indicators
- TPK4110 - Quality and Performance Oriented Management
- TPK4520 - Project and Quality Management, Specialization Project
- PK6235 - Executive Project Leadership Program
- PK6401 - Ethics, methods and science theory
- BA6250 - Lean Constructions Process
- PK6245 - Managing Business in Projects - A Gaming Simulation Based Learning Experience
- TPK4920 - Project and Quality Management, Master's Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Assessment of early warning signs in hospital projects’ front-end phase. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 15 (2).
- (2022) How a project alliance influences project performance compared to traditional project practice – Findings from a case study in the Norwegian oil and gas industry. Journal of Modern Project Management. vol. 9 (3).
- (2021) Betingelser for god porteføljestyring. Stat og styring.
- (2021) Dissecting the project anatomy: Understanding the cost of managing construction projects. Production planning & control (Print).
- (2021) Follow the collaboration compass. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management. vol. 13 (3).
- (2021) Exploring collaboration in hospital projects’ front-end phase. International Journal of Project Management. vol. 39 (5).
- (2021) Project governance in state-owned enterprises: The case of major public projects’ governance arrangements and quality assurance schemes. Administrative Sciences. vol. 11 (3).
- (2021) Workarounds in application and use of manufacturing software as enablers to organizational change. Procedia CIRP. vol. 104.
- (2021) The emergence of lean construction in the Norwegian AEC industry. Construction Management and Economics.
- (2021) Linking partnering success factors to project performance - Findings from two nation-wide surveys. Project Leadership and Society (PLS). vol. 2.
- (2021) Causes of Problems in Post-Disaster Emergency Re-Construction Projects— Iraq as a Case Study. Public Works Management & Policy. vol. 27 (1).
- (2020) Labour productivity statistics: a reality check for the Norwegian construction industry. International Journal of Construction Management. vol. 20 (1).
- (2020) Økt samfunnsøkonomisk lønnsomhet ved bruk av prestasjonsinnkjøp?. Magma - Tidsskrift for økonomi og ledelse.
- (2020) In search of Empirical Evidence for the Relationship Between Collaboration and Project Performance. Journal of Modern Project Management. vol. 7 (4).
- (2020) Normalising deviance in construction project organizations a case study on the collapse of Carillion. Construction Management and Economics. vol. 38 (12).
- (2020) Hospital project front-end planning: Current practice and discovered challenges. Project Leadership and Society (PLS). vol. 1.
- (2020) Does Project-Based Learning (PBL) Promote Student Learning? A Performance Evaluation. Education Sciences. vol. 10 (11).
- (2020) Using ANN in emergency reconstruction projects post disaster. International Journal of Engineering Business Management (IJEBM). vol. 12.
- (2019) Stakeholder evolution: a study of stakeholder dynamics in 12 Norwegian projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 13 (1).
- (2019) Exploring scenario development ? a case study of two collaborative research projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. vol. 13 (2).