Nora Johanne Klungseth
Background and activities
Are you interested in developing projects on real estate (RE), facility management (FM) or service management (SM)? Do you have an idea or challenge which is global, european, nordic or national? If so, I would be very interested in talking with you!
My everyday research and teaching focus revolves around sustainable business, value creation and digital transformation within a variety of industries. When possible, I tune my focus toward real estate, facility management (which is part of the AEC industry) and the ICT industry, as my education and experience is within these industries.
I am always on the lookout to increase and deepen collaborations with and between industry/practice, students, and research, and work steadily to advance practice-near education and research, enabling quicker transformation.
I am passionate about facility management (FM, incl. facility services) in the broadest sense, ranging from strategic to operational perspectives. I enjoy developing good ideas and are on a constant outlook for new connections and opportunities. I am eager to collaborate and develop on any idea you might have, whether your need is consultancy, development or research. I am particularly interested in projects related to innovation.
I have a special interest for all themes that relate to REFM + SM, ranging from market dynamics to peoples' balance between work and life, and I am keen to contribute to practice, research and education. I enjoy supervising students and eager to develop and collaborate on research projects.
My interests include innovation, sustainability, use of new technology (e.g. BIM, IoT, big data, robotics, AI, AR) and themes that touch upon disciplines such as engineering, chemistry, sociology, management/economics, ergonomics, health, history and more. I have a particular passion for usability of workplaces, especially for operational personnel. My background is from the cleaning industry, which is reflected in my work.
As a person, I like to inspire and to motivate people and organizations. I enjoy making peoples eyes sparkle, to bring forth curiosity and joy. I love enabling them to accomplish tasks, and overcome thresholds, they never imagined they would be able to.
If you would like to collaborate, I am happy to schedule a meeting with you.
Roles and other committee works
Committee chair SN/K226 Facilty manamgement
Elected observatory memeber NBEF board (Norwegian Building and Real Estate Association)
Board memeber NFSR (Norwegian Association for Services and Cleaning)
Editorial Advisory board member Facilities
Board member CREON
Research project involvement
Bridging the gap (NRC, 2021-2024); Digital twin for FM and datause in operation phase
ProDiT (Erasmus+); Projects for Digital transformation
Current PhD candidates
Bejtush Ademi; Sustainable business model innovation
Alessia Bellini; Innovative procurement as a driver of supply chain innovation for achieving circular economy in the construction sector
Reynaldo Conedera (starting august 2022); Sustainable decission making and business models relation to project business cases
Current MSc students
Sofie Sunde; Measuring sustainability
Conrad W Tønsberg; Maschine readable standards
Navid Elyasi; The State of BIM, IOT and ML in BCRE industry
Hanh-Thien Vo; Corona digitalis
Sinthur Ponnuthurai; How to succeed with real estate
Recently graduated students
Arslan Zahid; Overcoming Barriers for Sustainability
Mathias Irgens; Overgangen til sirkulære verdikjeder
Reyhane B Raja; Role of digitalization towards circular economy
Patrick J Penacerreda; Improvement in handover from project team to operations team
Kristian Sandaa; Project cost estimations biggest uncertainties
- TPK4520 - Project and Quality Management, Specialization Project
- TPK4200 - Creating Value and Sustainable Business Through Digital Transformation (DIGTRANS)
- TPK4920 - Project and Quality Management, Master's Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Does it pay to deliver superior ESG performance? Evidence from US S&P 500 Companies. Journal of Global Responsibility.
- (2021) Strategic Flexibility and Business Model Innovation: A Literature Review. Euram conference.
- (2017) In-house or Outsourcing FM Services in the Public Sector: A Review of 25 Years Research and Development. Journal of Facilities Management. vol. 15 (3).
- (2016) Organising in-house cleaning services in public FM. Facilities. vol. 34 (13-14).
- (2014) Organising cleaning in Norwegian public FM. Journal of Facilities Management. vol. 12 (4).
- (2013) Norwegian cleaning research: an overview and categorization. Facilities. vol. 31 (7/8).
- (2009) IKS i Kommunal Eiendomsforvaltning. En mulighet i et mylder av kommunale og interkommunale organisasjonsløsninger?. 2009. ISBN 9788275510547.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Service management – focus on customer experience. A Handbook of Management Theories and Models for Office Environments and Services.
- (2020) Renholdsplanlegging. Eiendomsforvaltning. Facility management..
- (2012) Shadowing : a valuable approach to facility management research. Proceedings of the 11th EuroFM Research Symposium.
- (2012) The Silent Army: A Story From Practice. DELIVERING VALUE TO THE COMMUNITY - Proceedings of the Cape Town 2012 Joint CIB W070, W092 & TG72 International Conference, held at the Graduate School of Business, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa.
- (2009) What is a Building's Usability?. Studies and Research.0608. Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art.
- (2017) Status og tiltak for bedre forhold i forbrukermarkedet for renhold. 2017. ISBN 9788214061932.
- (2015) Cleaning services in local authorities. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-1204-8. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (274).
- (2022) Research and Evidence-based standards: Research and standards in combined efforts for a sustainable transformation of the built environment. CIB World Building Congress 2022 . CIB - International Council for Research and Innovation; Melbourne. 2022-06-27 - 2022-06-30.
- (2022) Lean and visual managements contribution to sustainable facilities management. CIB World Building Congress 2022 . CIB - International Council for Research and Innovation; Melbourne. 2022-06-27 - 2022-06-30.
- (2021) Arbeidslivsrelevansen styrkes med nytt NTNU-samarbeid. https://www.nhosh.no/ [Internett]. 2021-09-14.
- (2021) Programmet «Plassen». Seksjonene: «Trenger vi ta vårrengjøringen?» og «Spørsmål og svar om rengjøring». https://radio.nrk.no/serie/plassen/DMTA02001421 [Radio]. 2021-04-04.
- (2020) Krypmper papiravfallet til en tidel. Renholdsnytt [Fagblad]. 2020-09-04.
- (2020) Gjest: Nora Johanne Klungseth. Sogn og Fjordane i dag 25.03.2020. NRK Distriktsprogram Sogn og fjordane [Radio]. 2020-03-25.
- (2015) Norges første doktorgrad i renhold. http://renholdsnytt.no [Internett]. 2015-12-09.
- (2014) Mot en grønnere vasking. Forskning.no [Internett]. 2014-05-21.
- (2014) Dagens gjest: Nora Johanne Klungseth. Her og Nå, NRK Radio P1 [Radio]. 2014-07-03.