Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Have medical students’ attitudes towards clinical communication skills changed over a 12- year period? A comparative long-term study. BMC Medical Education. vol. 20 (11).
- (2020) Social support and disclosure of war-zone experiences after deployment to Afghanistan—Implications for posttraumatic deprecation or growth. Traumatology. vol. 26 (4).
- (2020) Nepali Version of Geriatric Depression Scale-15 - A Reliability and Validation Study. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council. vol. 17 (4).
- (2020) Quality of life and its predictors among aging people in urban and rural Nepal. Quality of Life Research. vol. 29.
- (2019) Prevalence of geriatric depression in the Kavre district, Nepal: Findings from a cross sectional community survey. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 19 (1).
- (2019) Danger- and non-danger-based stressors and their relations to posttraumatic deprecation or growth in Norwegian veterans deployed to Afghanistan. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. vol. 10 (1).
- (2019) Diagnoses related to abuse of alcohol and addictive substances after gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a nation-wide registry study from Norway. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. vol. 16 (4).
- (2018) Former Work Life and People With Dementia. Advances in Nursing Science. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) Measuring psychological change after trauma: Psychometric properties of a new bi-directional scale. Psychological Trauma. vol. 9 (6).
- (2016) Impact factor of medical education journals and recently developed indices: Can any of them support academic promotion criteria?. Journal of Postgraduate Medicine. vol. 62 (1).
- (2016) Sick Leave and Disability Across Three Decades after a Major Disaster. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 204 (7).
- (2016) Comorbidities of psychiatric and headache disorders in Nepal: implications from a nationwide population-based study. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 17:45.
- (2016) Anxiety and depression in Nepal: Prevalence, comorbidity and associations. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 16:102.
- (2016) A 15-year follow-up study of sense of humor and causes of mortality: The Nord-Trøndelag Health study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 78 (3).
- (2015) Can we rely on simulated patients' satisfaction with their consultation for assessing medical students' communication skills? A cross-sectional study. BMC Medical Education. vol. 15:225.
- (2015) Medical students' preferences for problem-based learning in relation to culture and personality: a multicultural study. International Journal of Medical Education. vol. 19 (6).
- (2015) Undertreated Hypertension and its Implications for Public Health in Nepal: Nationwide Population-Based Survey. Kathmandu University Medical Journal. vol. 13 (1).
- (2015) Measuring neuroticism in Nepali: Reliability and validity of the neuroticism subscale of the eysenck personality questionnaire. Kathmandu University Medical Journal. vol. 13 (50).
- (2015) The prevalence of primary headache disorders in Nepal: a nationwide population-based study. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 16:95.
- (2015) Attempted suicide and repeated attempts from adolescence to early adulthood: depresssion and stressful events. Suicidologi. vol. 20 (2).