Background and activities
Are Oust has his PhD in Economics from NTNU (2013) with the thesis Four Essays on Prices of Housing Services: Evidence from Oslo.
Oust is currently Associate professor at NTNU Business School, NTNU and Adjunct associate professor at Norwegian School of Economics. Oust is deputy head at NTNU Center for Real estate and environmental economics.
His areas of research covers housing economics and finance and real estate economics and finance. He teaches courses in finance and investments, valuation and personal finance.
Oust has a Master in Audit and Accounting from NHH (2007), a Master in Econamics from NHH (2005) and siviløkonom NHH (2005).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The impact of strategic jump bidding in residential English auctions. Journal of Property Research.
- (2019) What Does It Take to Make the Compact City Liveable for Wider Groups? Identifying Key Neighbourhood and Dwelling Features. Sustainability. vol. 11 (12).
- (2019) The impact of historic preservation policies on housing values. International journal of housing policy.
- (2019) Energy Performance Certificates- The role of the energy price. Energies. vol. 12 (18).
- (2019) Combining Property Price Predictions from Repeat Sales and Spatially Enhanced Hedonic Regressions. Journal of real estate finance and economics.
- (2018) An analysis of Bitcoin’s price dynamics. Journal of Risk and Financial Management. vol. 11 (4).
- (2018) How can Bitcoin Price Fluctuations be Explained?. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues. vol. 8 (3).
- (2018) Bidding Behavior in the Housing Market under Different Market Regimes. Journal of Risk and Financial Management. vol. 11 (3).
- (2018) The end of Oslo's rent control: Impact on rent level. Economics Bulletin. vol. 38 (1).
- (2017) Energy performance certificates - Informing the informed or the indifferent?. Energy Policy. vol. 111.
- (2017) The removal of rent control and its impact on search and mismatching costs: evidence from Oslo. International journal of housing policy. vol. 18 (3).
- (2017) What is a housing bubble?. Economics Bulletin. vol. 37 (2).
- (2015) Are House Prices in the Norwegian Capital Too High?. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis. vol. 8 (2).
- (2015) Long-Run Movements in House Prices. International Real Estate Review. vol. 18 (4).
- (2013) Rent indices, Oslo 1970-2008. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis. vol. 6 (3).
- (2018) Finansielle emner - utgave 15. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. 2018. ISBN 9788202474140.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Seks indikatorer for boligboble. Bred og spiss! NTNU Handelshøyskolen 50 år: En vitenskapelig jubileumsantologi.
- (2013) Four Essays on Prices of Housing Services: Evidence from Oslo. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4675-0.