Background and activities
Arild Blekesaune is dr.polit. in sociology, and is employed as full professor of social science research methods. He teaches mainly in applied statistical analysis, and has broad experience in sampling, organization, and analysis of various survey and register data. Blekesaune mainly published scientific articles in the areas of welfare and rural sociology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) En søppelvogn til begjær? Om sammenhengen mellom bruk av markedsmekanismer og innbyggertilfredshet med kommunale renovasjonstjenester. Tidsskrift for samfunnsforskning. vol. 60 (4).
- (2018) Ageing in Norwegian rural and urban communities. European Countryside. vol. 10 (2).
- (2016) An Empirical Investigation of Tourists' Consumption of Local Food in Rural Tourism. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. vol. 16 (1).
- (2015) Do Local Government Reforms Result in Higher Levels of Trust in Local Politicians?. Local Government Studies. vol. 41 (1).
- (2013) Media Choice and Informed Democracy: Toward Increasing News Consumption Gaps in Europe?. The International Journal of Press/Politics. vol. 18 (3).
- (2013) Development of organic farming in Norway: A statistical analysis of neighbourhood effects. Geoforum. vol. 45.
- (2013) Physical activity among Norwegian adolescents- a multilevel analysis of how place of residence is associated with health behaviour: the Young-HUNT study. International Journal for Equity in Health. vol. 12 (56).
- (2012) Tuning out the World of News and Current Affairs. An Empirical Study of Europe’s Disconnected Citizens. European Sociological Review. vol. 28 (1).
- (2010) Visitors to Farm Tourism Enterprises in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. vol. 10 (1).
- (2010) Dreaming of a Smallholding. Sociologia Ruralis. vol. 50 (3).
- (2010) Bears and Fears: Cultural capital, geography and attitudes towards large carnivores in Norway. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 64 (4).
- (2008) Gender and Work in Norwegian Family Farm Businesses. Sociologia Ruralis. vol. 48 (2).
- (2008) Hvem bruker natur- og friluftsbarnehager?. Barn. vol. 26 (3).
- (2008) Newspaper Readers in Europe - A Multilevel Study of Individual and National Differences. European Journal of Communication. vol. 23 (4).
- (2008) Hvem bruker natur- og friluftsbarnehager?. Barn.
- (2007) Masculinisation or Professionalisation of Norwegian Farm Work - A gender neutral division of work on Norwegian family farms?. Journal of Comparative Family Studies. vol. 38 (3).
- (2007) The Class Structure of Rural-to-Urban Migration. The Case of Norway. Young - Nordic Journal of Youth Research. vol. 15 (2).
- (2005) Farm and Off-farm Work and Life Satisfaction Among Norwegian Farm Women. Sociologia Ruralis. vol. 45 (1-2).
- (1999) Melkens bestridte meningsinnhold. Dimensjoner i den norske melkedebatten. Landbruksøkonomisk forum. vol. 16 (1).
- (1999) Landbrukskvinners bidrag til husholdets levekår; arbeid og inntekt i et komparativt perspektiv. Landbruksøkonomisk forum. vol. 16 (2).