Background and activities
Arild Faxvaag is a professor in Health informatics. His research is centered around understanding how health professionals and patients utilize knowledge to analyse and solve health problems and around using this insight to develop IT-solutions that enables patients, personnel, institutions and governments to realize knowledge-based care in a safe, equal and more sustainable way. Arild Faxvaag is also a consultant in Rheumatology at St.Olavs hospital.
- MD, Bergen and Trondheim, Norway (1986)
- PhD (Dr.med) UNiversity of Trondheim (1995)
- Smart digital health communication
- DT Blockchain (Building and maintaining trust in virtual care environments with blockchain)
- Development of clinical decision-support in Helseplattformen
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Development and Progression in Danish eHealth Policies: Towards Evidence-Based Policy Making. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 264.
- (2018) Monitoring and Benchmarking eHealth in the Nordic Countries. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 247.
- (2018) Translating eHealth Visions from Strategy to Practice - A Benefit mMnagement Approach. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 247.
- (2016) Comparability, Availability and Use of Medication eHealth Services in the Nordic Countries. International Journal on Advances in Life Sciences. vol. 8 (1-2).
- (2016) Collecting evidence about ehealth implementation in the Nordic Countries. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings.
- (2015) The impact of an eHealth portal on health care professionals' interaction with patients: Qualitative study. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 17 (11:e267).
- (2015) Continuous interprofessional coordination in perioperative work: An exploratory study. Journal of Interprofessional Care. vol. 29 (2).
- (2014) What influences patient participation in an online forum for weight loss surgery? A qualitative case study. Interactive Journal of Medical Research. vol. 16 (2:e4).
- (2014) Multinational surveys for monitoring eHealth policy implementations –usefulness and pitfalls. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 205.
- (2013) Nordic eHealth Indicators: Organisation of Research, First Results and Plan for the Future. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 192.
- (2012) Regional Disparities in Incidence, Handling and Outcomes of Patients with Symptomatic and Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms in Norway. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. vol. 44 (3).
- (2011) Doctors’ Concerns of PDAs in the Ward Round Situation: Lessons from a Formative Simulation Study. Methods of Information in Medicine. vol. 50 (2).
- (2011) Process support for risk mitigation: a case study of variability and resilience in vascular surgery. BMJ Quality and Safety. vol. 20 (8).
- (2011) Getting the aorta pants in place: A ‘community of guidance’ in the evolving practice of vascular implant surgery. Health. vol. 15 (5).
- (2011) Management of Weight-Loss: Patients’ and Healthcare Professionals’ Requirements for an E-health System for Patients. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6776.
- (2011) Healthcare Professionals' Experiences With EHR-System Access Control Mechanisms. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 169.
- (2011) Research management in healthcare informatics - experiences from Norway. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 169.
- (2011) Diffusion of electronic health records and electronic communication in Norway. Applied Clinical Informatics. vol. 2 (3).
- (2011) Multiple phospholipase A2 enzymes participate in the inflammatory process in osteoarthritic cartilage. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 40 (4).
- (2010) Participation of multiple phospholipase A2 enzymes in the inflammatory process in osteoarthritic cartilage. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 69.