Background and activities
Specialist in general surgery and gastrointestinal surgery
Research fields: cancer surgery, colorectal surgery, molecular medicine, translational research,
intensiv care, inflammatory bowel diseases, fecal incontinence, obesity surgery, oncology,
physical therapy, global health
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Establishment of a patient-derived xenograft model of colorectal cancer in CIEA NOG mice and exploring smartfish liquid diet as a source of omega-3 fatty acids. Biomedicines.
- (2020) Physical exercise during adjuvant chemotherapy for colorectal cancer - a non-randomized feasibility study. Supportive Care in Cancer.
- (2020) Evolution and risk factors of anal incontinence during the first 6 years after first delivery: a prospective cohort study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. vol. 127 (12).
- (2020) Colorectal cancer screening with repeated fecal immunochemical test versus sigmoidoscopy: baseline results from a randomized trial. Gastroenterology. vol. 160 (4).
- (2020) Intravenous Iron Treatment in the Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Anaemia After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2020) The Impact of Post-bariatric Abdominoplasty on Secondary Weight Regain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 11:459.
- (2020) Travel time and perinatal mortality after emergency caesarean sections: an evaluation of the 2-hour proximity indicator in Sierra Leone. BMJ Global Health. vol. 5:e003943 (12).
- (2020) Perinatal outcomes of cesarean deliveries in Sierra Leone: A prospective multicenter observational study. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. vol. 150 (2).
- (2019) The REAL (REctal Anastomotic Leak) score for prediction of anastomotic leak after rectal cancer surgery. Techniques in Coloproctology. vol. 23.
- (2019) Assessment of self-rated health 5 years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for severe obesity. BJS Open. vol. 3 (6).
- (2019) Less secondary weight regain from nadir to five years among patients undergoing abdominoplasty after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 29.
- (2019) Caesarean section performed by medical doctors and associate clinicians in Sierra Leone. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 106 (2).
- (2018) Admissions and surgery as indicators of hospital functions in Sierra Leone during the west-African Ebola outbreak. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (846).
- (2018) Treatment and survival of rectal cancer patients over the age of 80 years: a EURECCA international comparison. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 119.
- (2018) Prevalence and predictors of anal incontinence 6 years after first delivery. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 38 (1).
- (2018) Prevalence and predictors of double incontinence 1 year after first delivery. International Urogynecology Journal. vol. 29.
- (2018) High-Frequency of Computer Tomography and Surgery for Abdominal Pain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 28 (9).
- (2018) Treatment and survival of patients with colon cancer aged 80 years and older: a EURECCA international comparison. The Oncologist. vol. 24 (8).
- (2017) Safety, productivity and predicted contribution of a surgical task-sharing programme in Sierra Leone. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 104 (10).
- (2017) Interview-based versus self-reported anal incontinence using St Mark's incontinence score. International Urogynecology Journal.