Background and activities
Specialist in general surgery and gastrointestinal surgery
Research fields: cancer surgery, colorectal surgery, molecular medicine, translational research,
intensiv care, inflammatory bowel diseases, fecal incontinence, obesity surgery, oncology,
physical therapy, global health
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Evolution and risk factors of anal incontinence during the first 6 years after first delivery: a prospective cohort study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- (2020) Intravenous Iron Treatment in the Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Anaemia After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2020) Perinatal outcomes of cesarean deliveries in Sierra Leone: A prospective multicenter observational study. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. vol. 150 (2).
- (2019) Assessment of self-rated health 5 years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for severe obesity. BJS Open. vol. 3 (6).
- (2019) Less secondary weight regain from nadir to five years among patients undergoing abdominoplasty after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 29.
- (2019) Caesarean section performed by medical doctors and associate clinicians in Sierra Leone. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 106 (2).
- (2018) Admissions and surgery as indicators of hospital functions in Sierra Leone during the west-African Ebola outbreak. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (846).
- (2018) Treatment and survival of rectal cancer patients over the age of 80 years: a EURECCA international comparison. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 119.
- (2018) Prevalence and predictors of anal incontinence 6 years after first delivery. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 38 (1).
- (2018) Prevalence and predictors of double incontinence 1 year after first delivery. International Urogynecology Journal. vol. 29.
- (2018) High-Frequency of Computer Tomography and Surgery for Abdominal Pain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 28 (9).
- (2018) Treatment and survival of patients with colon cancer aged 80 years and older: a EURECCA international comparison. The Oncologist. vol. 24 (8).
- (2017) Safety, productivity and predicted contribution of a surgical task-sharing programme in Sierra Leone. British Journal of Surgery. vol. 104 (10).
- (2017) Interview-based versus self-reported anal incontinence using St Mark's incontinence score. International Urogynecology Journal.
- (2016) The Surgical Workforce and Surgical Provider Productivity in Sierra Leone: A Countrywide Inventory. World Journal of Surgery. vol. 40 (6).
- (2016) Two countries – Two treatment strategies for rectal cancer. Radiotherapy and Oncology. vol. 121 (3).
- (2016) Do pelvic floor muscle exercises reduce postpartum anal incontinence? A randomized controlled trial. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 35 (8).
- (2016) Do pelvic floor muscle exercises reduce postpartum anal incontinence? A randomised controlled trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. vol. 124 (4).
- (2016) Bedside dressing changes for open abdomen in the intensive care unit is safe and time and staff efficient. Critical Care. vol. 20 (164).
- (2016) Open Abdomen Treated with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy: Indications, Management and Survival. World Journal of Surgery. vol. 41 (1).