Background and activities
My main research area is cardiovascular physiology and physical activity in the prevention and rehabilitation of individuals at risk (metabolic disease / diabetes / obesity) for cardiovascular disease. I has been involved in scientific research since 2002.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Effect of high-intensity interval training on fitness, fat mass and cardiometabolic biomarkers in children with obesity: a randomised controlled trial. Sports Medicine. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) Oxygen uptake during functional activities after stroke - Reliability and validity of a portable ergospirometry system. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (10).
- (2017) Assessment of the Five-Minute Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope in Children With Obesity. Pediatric Exercise Science. vol. 29 (3).
- (2017) High-intensity interval training improves obstructive sleep apnoea. BMJ Open sport & exercise medicine. vol. 2 (1).
- (2016) Effects of exercise intensity and nutrition advice on myocardial function in obese children and adolescents: a multicentre randomised controlled trial study protocol. BMJ Open. vol. Apr 4 (6(4)).
- (2016) Aerobic interval training reduces the burden of Atrial fibrillation in the short term: A randomized trial. Circulation. vol. 133 (5).
- (2015) Sport-Specific Physiological Adaptations in Highly Trained Endurance Athletes. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (10).
- (2015) The Impact of high-intensity interval training versus moderate-intensity continuous training on vascular function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sports Medicine. vol. 45 (5).
- (2015) Effects of acute supplementation of L-arginine and nitrate on endurance and sprint performance in elite athletes. Nitric oxide. vol. 48.
- (2015) Incidence of soccer injuries among 15- to 19-year-old boys in Norwegian national team. The Journal of Athletic Enhancement. vol. 4 (5).
- (2014) Effect of 24 sessions of high-intensity aerobic interval training carried out at either high or moderate frequency, a randomized trial. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) High- and moderate-intensity aerobic exercise and excess post-exercise oxygen consumption in men with metabolic syndrome. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 24 (3).
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 10 (3).
- (2013) The effect of exercise on cardiac function in patients with type 2 diabetes and diastolic dysfunction. European Heart Journal. vol. 34.
- (2013) Evidence against a Beneficial Effect of Irisin in Humans. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (9).
- (2013) Low- and High-Volume of Intensive Endurance Training Significantly Improves Maximal Oxygen Uptake after 10-Weeks of Training in Healthy Men. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (5).
- (2012) High-intensity knee extensor training restores skeletal muscle function in CORD patients. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 40 (5).
- (2012) Expression of perilipins in human skeletal muscle in vitro and in vivo in relation to diet, exercise and energy balance. Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry. vol. 118 (1).
- (2012) Aerobic interval training reduces blood pressure and improves myocardial function in hypertensive patients. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Dietary Nitrate Does Not Enhance Running Performance in Elite Cross-Country Skiers. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44 (11).