Background and activities
I have been engaged part-time at HUNT Research Centre since 1994, but had in 1989-90 a shorter engagement performing a study on eduction of children with asthma and their parents. I have been project leader of the Lung Study and co-project leader of the Osteoporosis Study in HUNT2, HUNT3 and HUNT4. I have been a member of the management group and leader of the Questionnaire group for both HUNT3 and HUNT4. Since 2007 I have been Leader of HUNT Databank https://hunt-db.medisin.ntnu.no/hunt-db/ .
Otherwise I work two days a week as a general practitioner at Høvdinggården Legekontor, Steinkjer (www.hovdinggarden.no).
Research areas: Epidemiology of obstructive lung diseases, lung function, use of medcation and influence on bone mineral density, osteoporosis, quality in primary health care
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) External Validation and Recalculation of the CODEX Index in COPD Patients. A 3CIAplus Cohort Study. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 16 (1).
- (2019) Comparison of pre‐ and post‐bronchodilator lung function as predictors of mortality: The HUNT Study. Respirology (Carlton South. Print).
- (2019) Asthma, asthma control and risk of acute myocardial infarction: HUNT study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). vol. 34 (10).
- (2019) Circulating markers of cellular immune activation in pre-diagnostic blood sample and lung cancer risk in the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). International Journal of Cancer.
- (2019) Prolonged sitting, its combination with physical inactivity and incidence of lung cancer: Prospective data from the HUNT study. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 9:101.
- (2019) Circulating high sensitivity C reactive protein concentrations and risk of lung cancer: Nested case-control study within Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 364:k4981.
- (2019) Helicobacter pylori in relation to asthma and allergy modified by abdominal obesity: The HUNT study in Norway. World Allergy Organization Journal. vol. 12 (5).
- (2019) The association between dynamic lung volume and peak oxygen uptake in a healthy general population: the HUNT study. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. vol. 19 (1).
- (2019) Adiposity and asthma in adults: a bidirectional Mendelian randomisation analysis of The HUNT Study. Thorax.
- (2019) The Association of Bone Mineral Density with Mortality in a COPD Cohort. The HUNT Study, Norway. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- (2019) Vitamin B6 catabolism and lung cancer risk: Results from the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). Annals of Oncology. vol. 30 (3).
- (2018) Circulating concentrations of vitamin D in relation to pancreatic cancer risk in European populations. International Journal of Cancer. vol. 142 (6).
- (2018) Prevalence and trend of COPD from 1995–1997 to 2006–2008: The HUNT study, Norway. Respiratory Medicine. vol. 138.
- (2018) Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D supplement and asthma control: The HUNT study. Respiratory Medicine. vol. 136.
- (2018) Associations of asthma and asthma control with atrial fibrillation risk: Results from the Nord-Trøndelag health study (HUNT). JAMA cardiology. vol. 3 (8).
- (2018) Large-scale external validation and comparison of prognostic models: An application to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. BMC Medicine. vol. 16:33.
- (2018) Sex Differences in Risk of Smoking-Associated Lung Cancer: Results from a Cohort of 600,000 Norwegians. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 187 (5).
- (2018) Metabolic syndrome as a risk factor for total hip or knee replacement due to primary osteoarthritis: A prospective cohort study (the HUNT study and the Norwegian arthroplasty register). Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 10.
- (2018) Anti-osteoporosis drug use: too little, too much, or just right? The HUNT study, Norway. Osteoporosis International. vol. 29 (8).
- (2018) Spirometri;teknikken blir bedre, men trenger vi endringer i vurderingsgrunnlaget?. Fagbladet Allergi i praksis. vol. 2018 (2).