Background and activities
Professor in Welfare Technology, Department of Neuroscience and Movement Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU/Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Adjunct Professor at the Norwegian Centre for eHealth Research, University Hospital of North Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The social dimension of domesticating technology: Interactions between older adults, caregivers, and robots in the home. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. vol. 167.
- (2020) A context-aware social robot to improve the quality of life of people with dementia. Gerontechnology. vol. 19.
- (2020) The use of technology in creating individualized, meaningful activities for people living with dementia: A systematic review. Dementia.
- (2020) Modular smart furniture system for independent living of older adults- user experience study. Gerontechnology. vol. 19 (4).
- (2020) Gerontechnologies of the home as socio-technical assemblages of trust. Gerontechnology. vol. 19.
- (2020) Children’s perceptions of social robots: a study of the robots Pepper, AV1 and Tessa at Norwegian research fairs. AI & Society: The Journal of Human-Centred Systems and Machine Intelligence.
- (2019) Social Robot and Sensor Network in Support of Activity of Daily Living for People with Dementia. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 1117.
- (2019) The Role of Adaptive Immersive Technology in Creating Personalised Environments for Emotional Connection and Preservation of Identity in Dementia Care: Insights from User Perspectives towards SENSE-GARDEN. International Journal on Advances in Life Sciences. vol. 11 (1&2).
- (2019) The Use of Virtual and Immersive Technology in Creating Personalized Multisensory Spaces for People Living With Dementia (SENSE-GARDEN): Protocol for a Multisite Before-After Trial. JMIR Research Protocols. vol. 8 (9).
- (2019) Safety Aspects in Developing New Technologies for Reminiscence Therapy: Insights from the SENSE-GARDEN Project. Romanian Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics. vol. 8 (1-2).
- (2018) The Role of a Disruptive Digital Technology for Home- based Healthcare of the Elderly: Telepresence Robot. Digital Medicine. vol. 4 (4).
- (2017) Impact of Facebook ads for sexual health promotion via an educational web app: A case study. International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC). vol. 8 (2).
- (2016) A systematic review of the characteristics and validity of monitoring technologies to assess Parkinson's disease. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. vol. 13:24 (1).
- (2016) Continuous leg dyskinesia assessment in Parkinson's disease -clinical validity and ecological effect. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders. vol. 26.
- (2015) Quantitative home-based assessment of Parkinson's symptoms: The SENSE-PARK feasibility and usability study. BMC Neurology. vol. 15:89.
- (2015) Clinical parameters and tools for home-based assessment of Parkinson's disease: Results from a delphi study. Journal of Parkinson's Disease. vol. 5 (2).
- (2015) Randomized trial of a novel game-based appointment system for a university hospital venereology unit: Study protocol. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. vol. 15:23.
- (2015) Participatory design in Parkinson's research with focus on the symptomatic domains to be measured. Journal of Parkinson's Disease. vol. 5.
- (2014) Tweet content related to sexually transmitted diseases: No joking matter. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 16 (10).
- (2014) Patients initiated timeline marking of events in Parkinson's disease: Visualization of time correlation between patients marked events and acquired data from sensors. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8534 LNAI.