Arve Vorland Pedersen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Variations in the Constituent Year Effect in Junior World Championships in Alpine Skiing - a window into Relative Devolopment Effects?. PLOS ONE.
- (2020) A golden age for motor skill learning? – Learning of an unfamiliar motor task in 10-year-olds, young adults, and adults, when starting from similar baselines. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Interpersonal and intrapersonal entrainment of self-paced tapping rate. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (7).
- (2019) Scaling Demands of Soccer According to Anthropometric and Physiological Sex Differences: A Fairer Comparison of Men’s and Women’s Soccer. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2018) The prevalence of left-handedness is higher among individuals with developmental coordination disorder than in the general population. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Proximal–Distal Motor Control in Skilled Drummers: The Effect on Tapping Frequency of Mechanically Constraining Joints of the Arms in Skilled Drummers and Unskilled Controls. Sage Open. vol. 8 (3).
- (2018) Is it possible to change handedness after only a short period of practice? Effects of 15 days of intensive practice on left hand writing in strong right-handers. Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition.
- (2018) Are Differences in Physical Activity across Socioeconomic Groups Associated with Choice of Physical Activity Variables to Report?. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 15 (5).
- (2017) Relative Age Effect and Gender Differences in Physical Education Attainment in Norwegian Schoolchildren. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. vol. 61 (3).
- (2017) An Inverse Relative Age Effect in Male Alpine Skiers at the Absolute Top Level. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2017) The impact of physical growth and relative age effect on assessment in physical education. European Journal of Sport Science. vol. 17 (4).
- (2017) A comparison of players' and coaches' perceptions of the coach-created motivational climate within youth soccer teams. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2017) When Is a Test Score Fair for the Individual Who Is Being Tested? Effects of Different Scoring Procedures across Multiple Attempts When Testing a Motor Skill Task. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8 (619).
- (2016) Variations of the Relative Age Effect Within and Across Groups in Elite Alpine Skiing. Comprehensive Psychology. vol. 5.
- (2016) Brief report: non-right-handedness within the autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. vol. 46 (3).
- (2015) A systematic review and meta-analysis of dropout rates in youth soccer. Perceptual and Motor Skills. vol. 121 (3).
- (2014) Measuring soccer technique with easy-to-administer field tasks in female soccer players from four different competitive levels. Perceptual and Motor Skills. vol. 119 (3).
- (2011) Measuring Physical Fitness in Children Who Are 5 to 12 Years Old With a Test Battery That Is Functional and Easy to Administer. Physical Therapy. vol. 91 (7).
- (2010) Effects of socioeconomic status on the physical activity in adolescents: a systematic review of the evidence. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 20 (3).
- (2009) Early Independent Walking: A Longitudinal Study of Load Perturbation Effects. Developmental Psychobiology. vol. 51 (4).