Background and activities
PhD 1990 Brown University, Providence, R. I., USA
Current research activities
The research in my group focuses on condensed matter in the quantum regime, i.e. at low enough temperatures that the wave-character of matter is prominent and dominates the physics.
In particular, we focus on critical phenomena, quantum transport of spin and charge, heterostructures of unconventional materials, and on the interplay between states with multiple coexisiting broken symmetries. Systems that fall into these classes are typically various novel types of superconductors, superlfuids, ferromagnets, ferroelectrics, and Bose-Einstein condensates.
- Superconductivity in novel materials, such as graphene, pnictides, topological superconductors,
- Strongly correlated systems, including high-temperature superconductors.
- Bose-Einstein condensates, multi-component condensates and superfluids. Topological eksitations i multi-component condensates.
- Spin- and charge-transport i lowdimensional structures of uconventional materials, particularly the combination magnetic og superconducting materials.
- Novel types of quantum critical phenomena.
- Lage-scale Monte-Carlo computaiotns of model systems of condensed matter.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Magnon-mediated superconductivity on the surface of a topological insulator. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101.
- (2020) Schwinger boson study of superconductivity mediated by antiferromagnetic spin fluctuations. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102.
- (2020) Possible odd-frequency Amperean magnon-mediated superconductivity in topological insulator–ferromagnetic insulator bilayer. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (12).
- (2020) Plane- and stripe-wave phases of a spin-orbit-coupled Bose-Einstein condensate in an optical lattice with a Zeeman field. Physical Review A (PRA). vol. 102.
- (2020) Phonon-mediated superconductivity in doped monolayer materials. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101 (21).
- (2020) Fingerprints of Universal Spin-Stiffness Jump in Two-Dimensional Ferromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 125.
- (2019) Enhancement of superconductivity mediated by antiferromagnetic squeezed magnons. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100 (10).
- (2019) Inverse proximity effect in s-wave and d-wave superconductors coupled to topological insulators. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (9).
- (2019) Current Control of Magnetism in Two-Dimensional Fe3GeTe2. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (21).
- (2019) Antiferromagnetic magnons as highly squeezed Fock states underlying quantum correlations. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100 (17).
- (2019) Conformality loss and quantum criticality in topological Higgs electrodynamics in 2+1 dimensions. Physical Review D. vol. 100.
- (2019) Chiral Phonon Transport Induced by Topological Magnons. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (10).
- (2018) Vortex spin valve on a topological insulator. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 98 (14).
- (2018) Superfluid drag in multicomponent Bose-Einstein condensates on a square optical lattice. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 98 (024512).
- (2018) Magnon-induced superconductivity in a topological insulator coupled to ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97 (195438).
- (2018) p-wave superconductivity in weakly repulsive 2D Hubbard model with Zeeman splitting and weak Rashba spin-orbit coupling. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97 (2).
- (2018) Derivation of a Ginzburg-Landau free energy density of a p+ip superconductor from spin-orbit coupling with mixed gradient terms. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 98 (014510).
- (2017) Topological staggered field electric effect with bipartite magnets. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 95 (15).
- (2016) Competing interactions in population-imbalanced two-component Bose-Einstein condensates. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 94 (5).
- (2016) Current loops, phase transitions, and the Higgs mechanism in Josephson-coupled multicomponent superconductors. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 94.