Asgeir Johan Sørensen
Background and activities
Fields of interest: Control engineering, hydrodynamics, modelling, marine control systems, autonmous systems, etc.
1993: Dr. ing. (Ph. D.) Electrical Engineering; Department of Engineering Cybernetics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
1988: Siv. ing. (M. Sc.) Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering; Department of Marine Systems Design, Faculty of Marine Technology, the Norwegian Institute of Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
Marine Cybernetics - Specialization
Marine Cybernetics Laboratory (MC-Lab)
Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
Applied Underwater Laboratory (AUR-Lab)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Hybrid observer concept for sensor fusion of sporadic measurements for underwater navigation. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems. vol. 18.
- (2020) A Bayesian Approach to Supervisory Risk Control of AUVs Applied to Under-Ice Operations. Marine Technology Society journal. vol. 54 (4).
- (2020) Mapping the Historical Shipwreck Figaro in the High Arctic Using Underwater Sensor-Carrying Robots. Remote Sensing. vol. 12 (6).
- (2020) Post‐installation adaptation of offshore wind turbine controls. Wind Energy. vol. 23 (4).
- (2020) Control Allocation for Double-ended Ferries with Full-scale Experimental Results. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems. vol. 18 (3).
- (2020) Towards supervisory risk control of autonomous ships. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 196.
- (2019) Sea state estimation using quadratic discriminant analysis and partial least squares regression. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (21).
- (2019) Sensor-based hybrid translational observer for underwater navigation. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (21).
- (2019) Sea state estimation using multiple ships simultaneously as sailing wave buoys. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 83.
- (2019) Zero-Emission Autonomous Ferries for Urban Water Transport: Cheaper, Cleaner Alternative to Bridges and Manned Vessels. IEEE Electrification Magazine. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Probabilistic robust design of control systems for high-fidelity cyber–physical testing. Automatica. vol. 101.
- (2019) Wave disturbance rejection for monopile offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 22 (1).
- (2019) Control allocation for double-ended ferries with full-scale experimental results. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (21).
- (2019) Method for Real-Time Hybrid Model Testing of ocean structures: Case study on horizontal mooring systems. Ocean Engineering. vol. 172.
- (2018) Online wave estimation using vessel motion measurements. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (29).
- (2018) Sea state estimation using vessel response in dynamic positioning. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 70.
- (2018) Hybrid controller concept for dynamic positioning of marine vessels with experimental results. Automatica. vol. 93.
- (2018) Reducing the number of individuals to monitor shoaling fish systems - Application of the Shannon entropy to construct a biological warning system model. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Detection of mooring line failures using Dynamic Hypothesis Testing. Ocean Engineering. vol. 159.
- (2018) Use of an autonomous surface vehicle reveals small-scale diel vertical migrations of zooplankton and susceptibility to light pollution under low solar irradiance. Science Advances. vol. 4 (1).