Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Moderate traumatic brain injury: Clinical characteristics and a prognostic model of 12-month outcome. World Neurosurgery. vol. 114.
- (2018) Williams Syndrome neuroanatomical score associates with GTF2IRD1 in large-scale magnetic resonance imaging cohorts: A proof of concept for multivariate endophenotypes. Translational psychiatry. vol. 8:114 (1).
- (2018) White matter alterations and their associations with motor function in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight. NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 17.
- (2018) White matter hyperintensities and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT MRI). Cephalalgia.
- (2018) Volume and shape of subcortical grey matter structures related to headache: A cross-sectional population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Cephalalgia.
- (2018) Neuroplasticity in stroke recovery. The role of microglia in engaging and modifying synapses and networks. European Journal of Neuroscience.
- (2018) The epidemiology of mild traumatic brain injury: The Trondheim MTBI follow-up study. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 26:34.
- (2018) Joint Analysis of Cortical Area and Thickness as a Replacement for the Analysis of the Volume of the Cerebral Cortex. Cerebral Cortex. vol. Nov (28).
- (2017) Effects of neural stem cell and olfactory ensheathing cell co-transplants on tissue remodelling after transient focal cerebral ischemia in the adult rat. Neurochemical Research. vol. 42 (6).
- (2017) Variation in monitoring and treatment policies for intracranial hypertension in traumatic brain injury: A survey in 66 neurotrauma centers participating in the CENTER-TBI study. Critical Care. vol. 21:233.
- (2017) Cognitive deficits associated with impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. vol. 60 (6).
- (2017) Novel genetic loci associated with hippocampal volume. Nature Communications. vol. 8:13624.
- (2017) Post-concussive symptoms the first year after mild traumatic brain injury: Preliminary results from a large prospective cohort study. Brain Injury. vol. 31 (6-7).
- (2017) MRI-based classification models in prediction of mild cognitive impairment and dementia in late-life depression. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. vol. 9:13.
- (2017) A longitudinal study of associations between psychiatric symptoms and disorders and cerebral gray matter volumes in adolescents born very preterm. BMC Pediatrics. vol. 17:45.
- (2017) Traumatic brain injury: integrated approaches to improve prevention, clinical care, and research. Lancet Neurology. vol. 16 (12).
- (2017) The influence of traumatic axonal injury on level of consciousness: a clinical MRI study. Brain Injury. vol. 31.
- (2017) Preterm birth leads to hyper-reactive cognitive control processing and poor white matter organization in adulthood. NeuroImage. vol. 167.
- (2017) Loss or mislocalization of aquaporin-4 affects diffusion properties and intermediary metabolism in gray matter of mice. Neurochemical Research. vol. 42 (1).
- (2017) The corpus callosum as anatomical marker of intelligence? A critical examination in a large-scale developmental study. Brain Structure and Function. vol. 223.