Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Reduced hippocampal subfield volumes and memory function in school-aged children born preterm with very low birthweight (VLBW). NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 23.
- (2019) Diffusion tensor imaging in middle-aged headache sufferers in the general population: A cross-sectional population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trøndelag health study (HUNT-MRI). The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 20:78.
- (2019) Cerebral cortical dimensions in headache sufferers aged 50-66 years: a population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trondelag Health Study (HUNT-MRI). Pain.
- (2019) Diffusion kurtosis imaging in mild traumatic brain injury and postconcussional syndrome. Journal of Neuroscience Research.
- (2019) Common brain disorders are associated with heritable patterns of apparent aging of the brain. Nature Neuroscience. vol. 22.
- (2019) Reduced white matter fractional anisotropy mediates cortical thickening in adults born preterm with very low birthweight. NeuroImage. vol. 188.
- (2019) Family history of Alzheimer's disease alters cognition and is modified by medical and genetic factors. eLIFE.
- (2019) The effect of white matter hyperintensities on regional brain volumes and white matter microstructure, a population-based study in HUNT. NeuroImage. vol. 203.
- (2019) Associations of Changes in Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression With Brain Volumes: The HUNT Study. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. vol. 13.
- (2018) Voxelwise meta-analysis of brain structural associations with genome-wide polygenic risk for Alzheimer's disease. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 10975.
- (2018) Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Study of Longitudianl MRI and Post-concussion syndrome. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 35 (16).
- (2018) Moderate traumatic brain injury: Clinical characteristics and a prognostic model of 12-month outcome. World Neurosurgery. vol. 114.
- (2018) Williams Syndrome neuroanatomical score associates with GTF2IRD1 in large-scale magnetic resonance imaging cohorts: A proof of concept for multivariate endophenotypes. Translational psychiatry. vol. 8:114 (1).
- (2018) Continuity and discontinuity in human cortical development and change from embryonic stages to old age. Cerebral Cortex.
- (2018) Does risk of brain cancer increase with intracranial volume? A population-based case control study. Neuro-Oncology. vol. 20 (9).
- (2018) White matter alterations and their associations with motor function in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight. NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 17.
- (2018) White matter hyperintensities and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 38 (13).
- (2018) Variation in general supportive and preventive intensive care management of traumatic brain injury: a survey in 66 neurotrauma centers participating in the Collaborative European NeuroTrauma Effectiveness Research in Traumatic Brain Injury (CENTER-TBI) study. Critical Care. vol. 22 (1).
- (2018) Volume and shape of subcortical grey matter structures related to headache: A cross-sectional population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Cephalalgia.
- (2018) The influence of traumatic axonal injury in thalamus and brainstem on level of consciousness at scene or admission: A clinical magnetic resonance imaging study. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 35 (7).