Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Moderate traumatic brain injury: Clinical characteristics and a prognostic model of 12-month outcome. World Neurosurgery. vol. 114.
- (2018) Williams Syndrome neuroanatomical score associates with GTF2IRD1 in large-scale magnetic resonance imaging cohorts: A proof of concept for multivariate endophenotypes. Translational psychiatry. vol. 8:114 (1).
- (2018) Continuity and discontinuity in human cortical development and change from embryonic stages to old age. Cerebral Cortex.
- (2018) Does risk of brain cancer increase with intracranial volume? A population-based case control study. Neuro-Oncology. vol. 20 (9).
- (2018) White matter alterations and their associations with motor function in young adults born preterm with very low birth weight. NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 17.
- (2018) White matter hyperintensities and headache: A population-based imaging study (HUNT MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 38 (13).
- (2018) Volume and shape of subcortical grey matter structures related to headache: A cross-sectional population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Cephalalgia.
- (2018) The influence of traumatic axonal injury in thalamus and brainstem on level of consciousness at scene or admission: A clinical magnetic resonance imaging study. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 35 (7).
- (2018) The relationship between cause of injury and traumatic axonal injury: A clinical MRI study. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- (2018) Reduced white matter fractional anisotropy mediates cortical thickening in adults born preterm with very low birthweight. NeuroImage. vol. 188.
- (2018) Neuroplasticity in stroke recovery. The role of microglia in engaging and modifying synapses and networks. European Journal of Neuroscience. vol. 47 (12).
- (2018) Levels of blood biomarkers in patients with MTBI were related to acute injury severity, but not to the post-concussive symptoms. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 35 (16).
- (2018) Prospective study of Glial fibrillary acidic protein and Neurofilament light from acute to 12 months after mild traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 35 (16).
- (2018) The epidemiology of mild traumatic brain injury: The Trondheim MTBI follow-up study. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 26:34.
- (2018) Trajectories of brain development in school-age children born preterm with very low birth weight. Scientific Reports. vol. 8:15553.
- (2018) Neurocognitive Functioning after Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Prospective Study Exploring Subgroups Reporting Symptoms. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- (2018) Cognitive Reserve and the Interaction between Premorbid IQ and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- (2018) Brain scans from 21,297 individuals reveal the genetic architecture of hippocampal subfield volumes. Molecular Psychiatry.
- (2018) Joint Analysis of Cortical Area and Thickness as a Replacement for the Analysis of the Volume of the Cerebral Cortex. Cerebral Cortex. vol. Nov (28).
- (2018) Midlife Physical Activity, Psychological Distress, and Dementia Risk: The HUNT Study. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 66 (2).