Asta Kristine Håberg
Background and activities
Medical doctor by education and PhD in medicine (dr.med.). Head of Trondheim fMRI group at NTNU, and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit for functional MRI at Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olav’s University Hospital. Head of Center of Innovative Ultrasound Solutions (CIUS), a Norwegian Research Council appointed Center for Research-based Innovation (SFI). Research interests: Medical imaging and spectroscopy plus cognition across the lifespan and in a variety of neurological/neurosurgical conditions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The prevalence and stability of sleep-wake disturbance and fatigue throughout the first year after mild traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- (2020) Change in Self-Reported Cognitive Symptoms After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Is Associated With Changes in Emotional and Somatic Symptoms and Not Changes in Cognitive Performance. Neuropsychology.
- (2019) Reduced hippocampal subfield volumes and memory function in school-aged children born preterm with very low birthweight (VLBW). NeuroImage: Clinical. vol. 23.
- (2019) Therapeutic hypothermia for neonatal hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy in India (THIN study): a randomised controlled trial. Archives of Disease in Childhood: Fetal and Neonatal Edition.
- (2019) Patients with mild traumatic brain injury recruited from both hospital and primary care settings: A controlled longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. Journal of Neurotrauma. vol. 36 (22).
- (2019) Continuity and discontinuity in human cortical development and change from embryonic stages to old age. Cerebral Cortex. vol. 29 (9).
- (2019) Diffusion tensor imaging in middle-aged headache sufferers in the general population: A cross-sectional population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trøndelag health study (HUNT-MRI). The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 20:78.
- (2019) Cerebral cortical dimensions in headache sufferers aged 50-66 years: a population-based imaging study in the Nord-Trondelag Health Study (HUNT-MRI). Pain. vol. 160 (7).
- (2019) Diffusion kurtosis imaging in mild traumatic brain injury and postconcussional syndrome. Journal of Neuroscience Research. vol. 97 (5).
- (2019) Common brain disorders are associated with heritable patterns of apparent aging of the brain. Nature Neuroscience. vol. 22 (10).
- (2019) Association of cause of injury and traumatic axonal injury: a clinical MRI study of moderate and severe traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurosurgery.
- (2019) Reduced white matter fractional anisotropy mediates cortical thickening in adults born preterm with very low birthweight. NeuroImage. vol. 188.
- (2019) Genetic architecture of subcortical brain structures in 38,851 individuals. Nature Genetics. vol. 51.
- (2019) A prospective three-year follow-up study on the clinical significance of anti-neuronal antibodies in acute psychiatric disorders. Scientific Reports. vol. 10:35.
- (2019) Incidence of mild traumatic brain injury: A prospective hospital, emergency room and general practitioner-based study. Frontiers in Neurology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Cognitive Reserve Moderates Cognitive Outcome After Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 101 (1).
- (2019) Family history of Alzheimer's disease alters cognition and is modified by medical and genetic factors. eLIFE. vol. 8.
- (2019) Association of copy number variation of the 15q11.2 BP1-BP2 region with cortical and subcortical morphology and cognition. JAMA psychiatry.
- (2019) The effect of white matter hyperintensities on regional brain volumes and white matter microstructure, a population-based study in HUNT. NeuroImage. vol. 203.
- (2019) Associations of Changes in Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression With Brain Volumes: The HUNT Study. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. vol. 13.