Atle M. Bones
Background and activities
#Biotechnology #Genomics #Molecular cell biology #Gene technology #Bioinformatics #Network #Synthetic biology #Cell and host defense
Ph.D in Molecular biology, M.Sc in Cell biology, B.Sc in Construction engineering
Fields of research:
- Molecular cell biology
- Gene technology
- Synthetic biology
- Cell and host defense
- Bioactive natural products
- Plants/Marine algae/Microorganisms/Animals
- Host defense systems
- Biotechnology of plants and algae
- Cellular adaptation and acclimatization to environment
- Abiotic and biotic stress
- Cell signalling
- Molecular imaging
Damage associated molecular patterns (DAMPs) in plant innate immunity
Taskforce salmon-lice: Interaction between salmon and salmon-lice and development of genome editing methods for salmon-lice.
A systems analysis of the light harvesting antennae of marine microalgae.
A receptor like kinase sensing sugars and tuning plant growth and immunity.
Bioremediation through anchoring of metal binding domains to cell compartments of plants and yeast.
Genome-wide responses and adaptations to nutrient stress in marine algae.
Southern Ocean phytoplankton adaption to mimicked future changes in light and iron availability - Molecular bases and modelling.
MACROSEA: A knowledge platform for industrial macroalgae cultivation
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The bHLH-PAS protein RITMO1 regulates diel biological rhytms in the marine diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 116 (26).
- (2019) CRISPR/Cas9-mediated editing of Δ5 and Δ6 desaturases impairs Δ8-desaturation and docosahexaenoic acid synthesis in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2019) Dietary fatty acid source has little effect on the development of the immune system in the pyloric caeca of Atlantic salmon fry. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (27).
- (2019) PAMP-INDUCED SECRETED PEPTIDE 3 (PIP3) modulates immunity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany.
- (2019) Loss of ALBINO3b insertase results in truncated light-harvesting antenna in diatoms. Plant Physiology. vol. 181.
- (2019) Unique photosynthetic electron transport tuning and excitation distribution in heterokont algae. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) The Myb like transcription factor Phosphorus Starvation Response (PtPSR) controls conditional P acquisition and remodeling in marine microalgae. New Phytologist.
- (2018) Molecular Identification and Pathological Characteristics of NPV Isolated from Spodoptera litura (Fabricius) in Pakistan. Pakistan journal of zoology. vol. 50 (6).
- (2018) Molecular adaptations to phosphorus deprivation and comparison with nitrogen deprivation responses in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (2).
- (2018) Genomets mysterier - muligheter og eksempler. Det Kongelige Norske Videnskabers Selskab. Årbok.
- (2018) Genome editing in diatoms: achievements and goals. Plant Cell Reports. vol. 37 (10).
- (2018) Accumulation of (Ag(I) by Saccharomyces cereviseae cells expressing plant metallothioneins. Cells. vol. 7 (12).
- (2018) Transgene-free genome editing in marine algae by bacterial conjugation - comparison with biolistic CRISPR/Cas9 transformation. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Arabidopsis mutants impaired in glutathione biosynthesis exhibit higher sensitivity towards the glucosinolate hydrolysis product allyl-isothiocyanate. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Benzyl Cyanide Leads to Auxin-Like Effects Through the Action of Nitrilases in Arabidopsis thaliana. Frontiers in Plant Science. vol. 9.
- (2018) Rearing water treatment induces microbial selection influencing the microbiota and pathogen associated transcripts of Cod (Gadus morhua) Larvae. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (MAY).
- (2017) Dynamic responses to silicon in Thalasiossira pseudonana - Identification, characterisation and classification of signature genes and their corresponding protein motifs. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) The effects of phosphorus limitation on carbon metabolism in diatoms. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 372 (1728).
- (2017) Gene mining for proline based signaling proteins in cell wall of Arabidopsis thaliana. Frontiers in Plant Science. vol. 8:233.
- (2017) Mechanisms of phosphorus acquisition and lipid class remodeling under P limitation in a Marine Microalga. Plant Physiology. vol. 175 (4).