Background and activities
Medical doctor and PhD student at NTNU. I research medical imaging, melatonin treatment and brain injury in the newborn with the Live MR group at NTNU. Resident at the Neurological Department, St Olavs Hospital.
Present position: PhD student
- Experimental models of brain diseases
- Image guided therapy of brain diseases
- Treatment of brain diseases with melatonin
Current research projects
Melatonin treatment of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats
Lipid based nanoparticles for delivery of melatonin to the brain
Previous research projects
Intermittent hyperoxia-hypoxia: Effect on cerebral vascularization, brain development and locomotor function in neonatal rats.
MRI of stem cell treatment of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal and adult rats.
2009-16: Medical student, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2011-15: Medical research student, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2016-pd: PhD-student, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Effects of neural stem cell and olfactory ensheathing cell co-transplants on tissue remodelling after transient focal cerebral ischemia in the adult rat. Neurochemical Research. vol. 42.
- (2017) Early metabolite changes after melatonin treatment in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain injury studied by in-vivo 1H MR spectroscopy. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (9).
- (2013) Brain Development after Neonatal Intermittent Hyperoxia-Hypoxia in the Rat Studied by Longitudinal MRI and Immunohistochemistry. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (12).
- (2012) In Bloom. The 4th National PhD Conference in Medical Imaging. 2012.