Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Individuals at high risk for type 2 diabetes invited to a lifestyle program: characteristics of participants versus non-participants (the HUNT Study) and 24-month follow-up of participants (the VEND-RISK Study). BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 5:e000368.
- (2017) High-intensity interval training, appetite, and reward value of food in the obese. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (9).
- (2017) Biochemical profiling of diabetes disease progression by multivariate vibrational microspectroscopy of the pancreas. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:6646.
- (2017) Timeline of changes in appetite during weight loss with a ketogenic diet. International Journal of Obesity. vol. 41 (8).
- (2017) Time-restricted feeding on weekdays restricts weight gain: A study using rat models of high-fat diet-induced obesity. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 173.
- (2017) Bariatric surgery versus lifestyle interventions for severe obesity: 5-year changes in body weight, risk factors and comorbidities. Clinical Obesity.
- (2016) Intragastric Injection of Botulinum Toxin a to Treat Obesity: Mechanism of Action and a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial With Open-Label Extension Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Exploring lifestyle and risk in preventing type 2 diabetes-a nested qualitative study of older participants in a lifestyle intervention program (VEND-RISK). BMC Public Health. vol. 16 (876).
- (2016) Sleeve gastrectomy, but not duodenojejunostomy, preserves total beta-cell mass in Goto-Kakizaki rats evaluated by three-dimensional optical projection tomography. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) Vagal blocking for obesity control: a possible mechanism-of-action. Obesity Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2016) High-intensity interval training and isocaloric moderate-intensity continuous training results in similar improvements in body composition and fitness in obese individuals. International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism. vol. 26 (3).
- (2016) Steady-state energy balance in animal models of obesity and weight loss. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) Increased bioavailability of methadone following sleeve gastrectomy - a planned case observation. Clinical Therapeutics. vol. 38 (6).
- (2015) Gastrin secretion after bariatric surgery - response to a protein-rich mixed meal following roux-en-y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a pilot study in normoglycemic women. Obesity Surgery. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) Effect of moderate- and high-intensity acute exercise on appetite in obese individuals. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (1).
- (2015) Comparison of different surgical procedures in animal models for a better consideration of personalized bariatric surgery. Gastroenterology. vol. 148 (4).
- (2015) Service innovation from the edges: enhanced by telemedicine decision support. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. vol. 19 (3-4).
- (2015) The impact of feet callosities, arm posture, and usage of electrolyte wipes on body composition by bioelectrical impedance analysis in morbidly obese adults. Obesity Facts. vol. 8 (6).
- (2015) Intermittent vagal nerve block for improvements in obesity, cardiovascular risk factors, and glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: 2-year results of the VBLOC DM2 Study. Obesity Surgery. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) Fet, feit eller bare overvektig = Fat, obese or just overweight. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 135 (19).