Bård Eirik Kulseng
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Association between habitual sleep duration/quality and appetite markers in individuals with obesity. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 232:113345.
- (2021) Iron Deficiency and Anemia 10 Years After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass for Severe Obesity. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 12:679066.
- (2021) Diabetes Prevention Education Program in a population with pre-diabetes in Nepal: a study protocol of a cluster randomised controlled trial (DiPEP). BMJ Open. vol. 11.
- (2021) Characteristics of Patients Reporting Presumed Problematic Drinking Behavior After Gastric Bypass: Exploring Long-Term Data From the BAROBS Study. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 12:679006.
- (2020) Modeling Obesity in Norway (The MOON Study): A Decision-Analytic Approach—Prevalence, Costs, and Years of Life Lost. Medical decision making.
- (2020) Changes in the homeostatic appetite system after weight loss reflect a normalization towards a lower body weight. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). vol. 105 (7).
- (2020) Intravenous Iron Treatment in the Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Anaemia After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2020) The Impact of Post-bariatric Abdominoplasty on Secondary Weight Regain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 11:459.
- (2019) Investigating the effect of sex and ketosis on weight-loss-induced changes in appetite. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 109 (6).
- (2019) Physiological predictors of weight regain at 1-year follow-up in weight-reduced adults with obesity. Obesity. vol. 27 (6).
- (2019) Patient satisfaction more than ten years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 29.
- (2019) Enhancing knowledge and coordination in obesity treatment: a case study of an innovative educational program. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19.
- (2019) Assessment of self-rated health 5 years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for severe obesity. BJS Open. vol. 3 (6).
- (2019) Less secondary weight regain from nadir to five years among patients undergoing abdominoplasty after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 29.
- (2019) Diagnoses related to abuse of alcohol and addictive substances after gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a nation-wide registry study from Norway. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. vol. 16 (4).
- (2018) The impact of rate of weight loss on body composition and compensatory mechanisms during weight reduction: A randomized control trial. Clinical Nutrition. vol. 37 (4).
- (2018) Impact of weight loss achieved through a multidisciplinary intervention on appetite in patients with severe obesity. American Journal of Physiology. Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 315 (1).
- (2018) Investigation of the long-term sustainability of changes in appetite after weight loss. International Journal of Obesity.
- (2018) Timeline of changes in adaptive physiological responses, at the level of energy expenditure, with progressive weight loss. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 120 (2).
- (2018) High-Frequency of Computer Tomography and Surgery for Abdominal Pain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 28 (9).