Background and activities
Ph.D. Marine Technology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway, March 2014. Thesis: Design and Dynamic Analysis of Tension Leg Platform Wind Turbines.
M.S. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, May 2010. Thesis: Power Takeoff and Safety Considerations for a Tethered Point-Absorber Wave Energy Converter.
B.S.E. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, May 2009. Minor: Mathematics.
Design and analysis of offshore renewable energy devices: fixed and floating support structures for offshore wind turbines, hydroelasticity, global analysis, higher order wave loads.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Effect of environmental modelling and inspection strategy on the optimal design of floating wind turbines. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 214.
- (2021) Environmental lumping for efficient fatigue assessment of large-diameter monopile wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 77.
- (2021) A weak-scatterer potential flow theory-based model for the hydroelastic analysis of offshore wind turbine substructures. Ocean Engineering. vol. 238.
- (2021) Experimental and numerical investigation of nonlinear diffraction wave loads on a semi-submersible wind turbine. Renewable Energy. vol. 171.
- (2021) Analysis of difference-frequency wave loads and quadratic transfer functions on a restrained semi-submersible floating wind turbine. Ocean Engineering. vol. 232 (109165).
- (2021) Experimental and numerically obtained low-frequency radiation characteristics of the OC5-DeepCwind semisubmersible. Ocean Engineering. vol. 232 (109130).
- (2021) Validation and application of nonlinear hydrodynamics from CFD in an engineering model of a semi-submersible floating wind turbine. Marine Structures. vol. 79 (103054).
- (2021) A comparative study on the dynamic behaviour of 10 MW conventional and compact gearboxes for offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 24 (7).
- (2020) Observations from hydrodynamic testing of a flexible, large-diameter monopile in irregular waves. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1669.
- (2020) Numerical modeling of the hydraulic blade pitch actuator in a spar‐type floating wind turbine considering fault conditions and their effects on global dynamic responses. Wind Energy. vol. 23 (2).
- (2020) Design Optimization of Spar Floating Wind Turbines Considering Different Control Strategies. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1669.
- (2020) Integrated design optimization of spar floating wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 72.
- (2020) Consequences of load mitigation control strategies for a floating wind turbine. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1669.
- (2020) Non-linear hydroelastic response of a monopile foundation in regular waves. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1669.
- (2020) Recent Advances in Integrated Response Analsysis of Floating Wind Turbines in a Reliability Perspective. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 142 (5).
- (2020) Total experimental uncertainty in hydrodynamic testing of a semisubmersible wind turbine, considering numerical propagation of systematic uncertainty. Ocean Engineering. vol. 195.
- (2020) Frequency-Dependent Aerodynamic Damping and Inertia in Linearized Dynamic Analysis of Floating Wind Turbines. Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS). vol. 1452.
- (2020) Post‐installation adaptation of offshore wind turbine controls. Wind Energy. vol. 23 (4).
- (2020) Critical assessment of hydrodynamic load models for a monopile structure in finite water depth. Marine Structures. vol. 72:102743.
- (2020) Effects of bedplate flexibility on drivetrain dynamics: Case study of a 10 MW spar type floating wind turbine. Renewable Energy. vol. 161.