Background and activities
Please click, "Norwegian flag" for details
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) From Svalbard to Siberia: Passerines breeding in the High Arctic also endure the Extreme cold of the Western Steppe. PLoS ONE. vol. 13 (9).
- (2018) Characteristics determining host suitability for a generalist parasite. Scientific Reports. vol. 8:6285.
- (2017) Demographic influences of translocated individuals on a resident population of house sparrows. Oikos. vol. 126 (10).
- (2016) Ancient origin and maternal inheritance of blue cuckoo eggs. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2016) Explaining variation in brood parasitism rates between potential host species with similar habitat requirements. Evolutionary Ecology. vol. 30 (5).
- (2016) Geographic variation in egg ejection rate by great tits across 2 continents. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 27 (5).
- (2016) Can Enhanced Awareness Change Local School Children’s Knowledge of Carnivores in Northern Tanzania?. Human Dimensions of Wildlife. vol. 21 (5).
- (2016) First record of Common Tailorbird (Orthotomus sutorius) parasitism by Plaintive Cuckoo (Cacomantis merulinus) in Bangladesh. Avian Research. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Disappearance of eggs from non-parasitized nests of brood parasite hosts – the evolutionary equilibrium hypothesis revisited. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society. vol. 118 (2).
- (2016) First-time Migration in Juvenile Common Cuckoos Documented by Satellite Tracking. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Plaintive cuckoos do not select tailorbird hosts that match the phenotypes of their own eggs. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 27 (3).
- (2015) Climate change and coevolution in the cuckoo-reed warbler system. Evolutionary Ecology. vol. 29.
- (2015) Reproductive success is strongly related to local and regional climate in the Arctic snow bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis). Polar Biology. vol. 38 (3).
- (2015) Oriental reed warbler (Acrocephalus orientalis) nest defence behaviour towards brood parasites and nest predators. Behaviour. vol. 152 (12-13).
- (2015) Hawk models, hawk mimics, and antipredator behavior of prey. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 26 (4).
- (2015) Deficiency in egg rejection in a host species as a response to the absence of brood parasitism. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 26 (2).
- (2014) Extra-pair paternity in relation to regional and local climate in an Arctic-breeding passerine. Polar Biology. vol. 37 (1).
- (2014) Rapid development of brood-parasitic cuckoo embryos cannot be explained by increased gas exchange through the eggshell. Journal of Zoology. vol. 293 (4).
- (2014) Reject the odd egg: Egg recognition mechanisms in parrotbills. Behavioral Ecology. vol. 25 (6).
- (2013) White-tailed eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla) at the Smøla wind-power plant, central Norway, lack behavioral flight responses to wind turbines. Wildlife Society bulletin. vol. 37 (1).