Background and activities
Basab Chattopadhyay obtained his PhD from the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), India in 2011.
He did his first postdoctoral research with Prof. Yves Geerts at ULB, Brussels sponsored by Marie-Curie Fellowship and “Chargé de Recherche” of the Belgian National Science Foundation (FRS-FNRS) from 2012-2018.
His second postdoctoral stint was in NTNU with Prof Dag Breiby from 2018-2020.
Since 2020, he has accepted the dual position of Research Scientist and Associate Professor at the Department of Physics, NTNU.
He currently leads the ICONIC project funded by the Norwegian Research Council (NFR) under the FRINATEK scheme.
Prizes, distinctions, honors:
Mandate of ‘Chargè de Recherche’ awarded by the Belgian National Science Foundation (FRS-FNRS), Belgium. 2015-2018
Marie-Curie International Incoming Fellowship (IIF) awarded by the European Commission. 2012-2015
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Quantifying the hydroxyapatite orientation near the ossification front in a piglet femoral condyle using X-ray diffraction tensor tomography. Scientific Reports. vol. 11.
- (2021) Orientational mapping of minerals in Pierre shale using X-ray diffraction tensor tomography. IUCrJ. vol. 8 (5).
- (2020) Nanoscale imaging of shale fragments with coherent X-ray diffraction. Journal of Applied Crystallography. vol. 53.
- (2019) N-doped TiO2 photocatalyst coatings synthesized by a cold atmospheric plasma. Langmuir. vol. 35 (22).
- (2019) Oxacycle‐Fused Benzothieno[3,2‐b]benzothiophene Derivatives: Synthesis, Electronic Structure, Electrochemical Properties, Ionisation Potential, and Crystal Structure. ChemPlusChem. vol. 84.
- (2019) Insight from electron density and energy framework analysis on the structural features of Fx-TCNQ (x= 0, 2, 4) family of molecules. Acta Crystallographica. Section B: Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials. vol. B75.
- (2018) One-dimensional looped chain and two-dimensional square grid coordination polymers: Encapsulation of Bis(1,2,4-Triazole)-trans-cyclohexane into the voids. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry (EurJIC). vol. 2019 (5).