Background and activities
Teach radiographer students at campus Trondheim, and is responsible for study programmes Master in Medical MR Imaging, and postgraduate MR education for radiographers. Research projects in MRS and MRI, herein MRI of muscel/skeleton in rheumatoid diseases.
Chemist, with PhD in Medical Technology (NTNU). Experienced in MR spectroscopic analysis of fluids and tissue samples, mainly aplied in studies of cancer and other diseases.
2016 - Associate Professor; NTNU, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
2014 - 2015: Associate Professor; HiST, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
2011 - 2014: Associate Professor; HiST, Department of Technology
2005 - 2011: Postdoc, researcher and coordinator; NTNU, Medical Faculty
2003 - 2004: PhD student; St. Olavs Hospital
1997 - 2003: Researcher and PhD student; SINTEF Unimed
2004: PhD in Medical Technology (NTNU)
1996: MsC in Chemistry (NTNU)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Vilkår for praksisveiledning av radiografstudenter. Hold Pusten.
- (2017) Quantifying bone marrow inflammatory edema in the spine and sacroiliac joints with thresholding. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 18 (1).
- (2016) Impact of freezing delay time on tissue samples for metabolomic studies. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 6.
- (2016) High tumor glycine concentration is an adverse prognostic factor in locally advanced rectal cancer. Radiotherapy and Oncology. vol. 118 (2).
- (2015) Er forelesninga effektiv, interessant og meningsfull? - Oppfatninger om og betydningen av forelesninger som undervisningsform. UNIPED. vol. 38 (4).
- (2014) Interplay of choline metabolites and genes in patient-derived breast cancer xenografts. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 16 (1).
- (2013) Feasibility of MR Metabolomics for Immediate Analysis of Resection Margins during Breast Cancer Surgery. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (4).
- (2013) Metabolic changes in psoriatic skin under topical corticosteroid treatment. BMC Dermatology. vol. 13.
- (2012) Prognostic value of metabolic response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. BMC Cancer. vol. 12.
- (2012) Predicting long-term survival and treatment response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy by MR metabolic profiling. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (2).
- (2012) Lactate and glycine-potential MR biomarkers of prognosis in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancers. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (11).
- (2011) In vivo MRS of locally advanced breast cancer: characteristics related to negative or positive choline detection and early monitoring of treatment response. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine. vol. 24 (6).
- (2011) HR MAS MR Spectroscopy in Metabolic Characterization of Cancer. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 11 (1).
- (2010) Magnetic Resonance Metabolomics of Intact Tissue: A Biotechnological Tool in Cancer Diagnostics and Treatment Evaluation. Cancer Research. vol. 70 (17).
- (2010) Merging transcriptomics and metabolomics - advances in breast cancer profiling. BMC Cancer. vol. 10.
- (2010) Transcriptomics meets metabolomics - correlating snapshots of breast cancer metabolism. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 8 (5).
- (2010) Alignment of high resolution magic angle spinning magnetic resonance spectra using warping methods. Analytica Chimica Acta. vol. 683 (1).
- (2010) Multivariate modeling and prediction of breast cancer prognostic factors using MR metabolomics. Journal of Proteome Research. vol. 9 (2).
- (2010) Functional and molecular MR for breast cancer characterization. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 8 (5).
- (2010) Distinct choline metabolic profiles are associated with differences in gene expression for basal-like and luminal-like breast cancer xenograft models. BMC Cancer. vol. 10.