Background and activities
Teach radiographer students at campus Trondheim, and is responsible for study programmes Master in Medical MR Imaging, and postgraduate MR education for radiographers. Research projects in MRS and MRI, herein MRI of muscel/skeleton in rheumatoid diseases.
Chemist, with PhD in Medical Technology (NTNU). Experienced in MR spectroscopic analysis of fluids and tissue samples, mainly aplied in studies of cancer and other diseases.
2016 - Associate Professor; NTNU, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
2014 - 2015: Associate Professor; HiST, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences
2011 - 2014: Associate Professor; HiST, Department of Technology
2005 - 2011: Postdoc, researcher and coordinator; NTNU, Medical Faculty
2003 - 2004: PhD student; St. Olavs Hospital
1997 - 2003: Researcher and PhD student; SINTEF Unimed
2004: PhD in Medical Technology (NTNU)
1996: MsC in Chemistry (NTNU)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Impact of freezing delay time on tissue samples for metabolomic studies. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 6.
- (2016) High tumor glycine concentration is an adverse prognostic factor in locally advanced rectal cancer. Radiotherapy and Oncology. vol. 118 (2).
- (2015) I Røntgens fotspor. www.adressa.no.
- (2015) Er forelesninga effektiv, interessant og meningsfull? - Oppfatninger om og betydningen av forelesninger som undervisningsform. UNIPED. vol. 38 (4).
- (2014) Interplay of choline metabolites and genes in patient-derived breast cancer xenografts. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 16 (1).
- (2013) Feasibility of MR Metabolomics for Immediate Analysis of Resection Margins during Breast Cancer Surgery. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (4).
- (2013) Studie: MR spektroskopi av psoriasis. Psoriatikeren.
- (2013) Metabolic changes in psoriatic skin under topical corticosteroid treatment. BMC Dermatology. vol. 13.
- (2012) Prognostic value of metabolic response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. BMC Cancer. vol. 12.
- (2012) Predicting long-term survival and treatment response in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy by MR metabolic profiling. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (2).
- (2012) Lactate and glycine-potential MR biomarkers of prognosis in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancers. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (11).
- (2011) In vivo MRS of locally advanced breast cancer: characteristics related to negative or positive choline detection and early monitoring of treatment response. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine. vol. 24 (6).
- (2011) HR MAS MR Spectroscopy in Metabolic Characterization of Cancer. Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 11 (1).
- (2011) MR metabolomics i biomedisinsk forskning. Helse, Medisin, Teknikk.
- (2010) Magnetic Resonance Metabolomics of Intact Tissue: A Biotechnological Tool in Cancer Diagnostics and Treatment Evaluation. Cancer Research. vol. 70 (17).
- (2010) Merging transcriptomics and metabolomics - advances in breast cancer profiling. BMC Cancer. vol. 10.
- (2010) Alignment of high resolution magic angle spinning magnetic resonance spectra using warping methods. Analytica Chimica Acta. vol. 683 (1).
- (2010) Multivariate modeling and prediction of breast cancer prognostic factors using MR metabolomics. Journal of Proteome Research. vol. 9 (2).
- (2010) Functional and molecular MR for breast cancer characterization. European Journal of Cancer. vol. 8 (5).
- (2010) Distinct choline metabolic profiles are associated with differences in gene expression for basal-like and luminal-like breast cancer xenograft models. BMC Cancer. vol. 10.
- (2010) Quantification of metabolites in breast cancer patients with different clinical prognosis using HR MAS MR spectroscopy. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 23 (4).
- (2009) High-resolution MAS MRS of breast cancer biopsies - different approaches. European Radiology. vol. 19.
- (2009) High-resolution magic angle spinning (HR MAS) MR spectroscopy in metabolic characterization of human cancer. Progress in nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. vol. 54 (3-4).
- (2008) Principal component analysis for the comparison of metabolic profiles from human rectal cancer biopsies and colorectal xenografts using high-resolution magic angle spinning 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Molecular Cancer. vol. 7.
- (2007) MR-determined metabolic phenotype of breast cancer in prediction of lymphatic spread, grade and hormone status. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. vol. 104.
- (2007) Klinisk MR spektroskopi. HMT - Helsetjenesten Medisinsk Teknikk : helse, medisin, teknikk.
- (2007) Metabolic mapping by use of high-resolution magic angle spinning H-1 MR spectroscopy for assessment of apoptosis in cervical carcinomas. BMC Cancer. vol. 7.
- (2006) Comparison of HR MAS MR spectroscopic profiles of breast cancer tissue with clinical parameters. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 19 (1).
- (2005) MR spectroscopy of breast cancer tissue used for tumor classification and lymph node prediction. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. vol. 94.
Part of book/report
- (2008) High-Resolution Magic Angle Spinning Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Cancer Imaging. Volume 2. Instrumentation and Imaging.
- (2015) Nytt Nordisk Mastergradsstudium i medisinsk MR-avbildning for yrkesaktive. Nordic congress Röntgenveckan 2015 . Nordic Society of medical radiology and radiographers; Malmö. 2015-09-08 - 2015-09-11.
- (2014) Metabolic characterization of triple negative breast cancer. Joint annual meeting ISMRM-ESMRMB ; Milan. 2014-05-10 - 2014-05-16.
- (2013) Metabolic characterization of triple negative breast cancer. ISMRM cancer workshop 2013 ; 2013-02-19 - 2013-02-22.
- (2013) Interplay of choline metabolites and genes in patient-derived breast cancer xenografts. ISMRM Cancer Workshop . ISMRM; Valencia. 2013-02-19 - 2013-02-22.
- (2012) MR metabolomics as a clinical tool for separating breast cancer and non-involved tissue. ESMRMB . European Society for MR in Medicine and Biology; Lisbon. 2012-10-04 - 2012-10-06.
- (2011) Detection of MR metabolic biomarkers for breast cancer prognosis. Metabomeeting . Metabolic profiling forum; Helsinki. 2011-09-25 - 2011-09-28.
- (2011) Metabolic profiles of three breast cancer subgroups studied with HR-MAS MRS. ESMRMB 2011 Congress ; Leipzig. 2011-10-06 - 2011-10-08.
- (2011) Midt-Nytt 18.40. NRK Midt-Nytt [TV]. 2011-09-29.
- (2010) MR determind metabolites may serve as prognostic factors in breast cancer. ISMRM 2010 . International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine; Stockholm. 2010-05-02 - 2010-05-07.
- (2010) Evaluating the prognostic value of breast cancer biomarker candidates identified by HR-MAS MRS tissue analysis. Improving Cancer Treatment with Advanced MR . ISMRM Cancer Study Group; Santa Cruz, California. 2010-09-19 - 2010-09-22.
- (2010) Brystkreft: Bit for bit. Gemini [Avis]. 2010-09-14.
- (2010) MR spectroscopy of breast cancer patients for prediction of treatment response – combining in vivo and ex vivo analysis. ISMRM (18th Scientific Meeting in the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine) ; Stockholm. 2010-05-01 - 2010-05-07.
- (2009) Tissue metabolic concentrations investigated with respect to prognosis for breast cancer patients. ISMRM Seventeenth Scientific Meeting and Exhibition . International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine; Honolulu, Hawaii. 2009-04-17 - 2009-04-25.
- (2008) Prediction of long term breast cancer survival using MR metabolomics. ISMRMR ; Torontp. 2008-05-03 - 2008-05-09.
- (2008) Choline profiles of breast cancer correlate to clinical tumor characteristics. ISMRM ; Toronto. 2008-05-03 - 2008-05-09.
- (2007) Combined HR MAS MR Spectroscopy and Gene Expression of Breast Cancer Tissue. ISMRM . International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine; Berlin. 2007-05-19 - 2007-05-25.
- (2006) Cancer Diagnosis using HR MAS. International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Seattle . ISMRM; Seattle. 2006-05-05 - 2006-05-13.
- (2006) Absolute quantification of breast cancer tissue metabolites by HR MAS MRS and ERETIC. MR of Cancer study group workshop: Frontiers in metabolic, molecular and clinical imaging . ISMRM; Pocono Manor, PA, USA. 2006-10-13 - 2006-10-16.
- (2006) MR profiles of cervical cancer biopsies correlate to apotosis and cellular density. ISMRM 14th SCIENTIFIC MEETING & EXHIBITION . ISMRM; Seattle. 2006-05-06 - 2006-05-12.
- (2005) HR MAS MRS: A tool for breast cancer grading?. International society for magnetic resonance in medicine ; MIAMI. 2005-05-07 - 2005-05-13.
- (2005) Cancer Diagnosis usin MAS. International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine . ISMRM Thirteenth Scientific Meeting and Exhibition; Miami. 2005-05-07 - 2005-05-13.
- (2005) HR MAS MR spectroscopy of breast cancer as a predictive tool for lymph node status. ISMRM Thirteenth Scientific Meeting and Exhibition . International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine; Miami Beach, Florida. 2005-05-07 - 2005-05-13.
- (2005) MR spectroscopy of breast cancer tissue used for tumor classification and lymph node prediction. Molecular biology of breast cancer ; Molde. 2005-06-22 - 2005-06-26.