Background and activities
- PhD in Drilling Engineering from University of Leoben in Austria, 2013
- MEng in Petroleum Well Engineering from Curtin University of Technology in Australia, 2006
- BSc in Drilling Engineering from Petroleum University of Technology in Iran, 2004
- Project Manager, NOV (National Oil Well Varco) Company
- Project Manager/Drilling Engineer (MPD), Enhanced Drilling Company
- Drilling Engineer, Advanced Drilling Solutions Company
- Drilling Instructor/Reasearcher, University of Leoben
- Drilling Supervisor, NIOC (National Iranian Oil Company
- Night Drilling Supervisor, PPZ (Pars Petro Zagros)
- TPG4565 - Petroleum Engineering, Specialization Course
- TPG4105 - Petroleum Engineering, Basic Course
- TPG4215 - Drilling Engineering 2
- TPG4560 - Petroleum Engineering, Specialization Project
- PG8503 - Automated Drilling
- TPG4210 - Drilling Engineering 1
- TPG4242 - Drilling Engineering 3
- TPG4920 - Petroleum Engineering, Master's Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) Improving the Rheological and Mechanical Properties of Oil Well Cement Slurries Using Multiple Chemical Admixtures for Enhancing Zonal Isolation: A Laboratory Evaluation. Journal of energy resources technology. vol. 144 (11).
- (2022) Machine learning algorithm for prediction of stuck pipe incidents using statistical data: case study in middle east oil fields. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology.
- (2022) Real-Time Fault, Symptom Diagnosis and Drilling Events Prediction Using Wired Pipe During Operation - Cutter Force Modeling of Pdc (polycrystalline Diamond Compact) Bits. IADC/SPE International Drilling Conference and Exhibition . Society of Petroleum Engineering; Galveston, Texas. 2022-03-06 - 2022-03-08.
- (2018) Experience Using Managed Pressure Cementing Techniques with Riserless Mud Recovery and Controlled Mud Level in the Barents Sea. Bergen SPE one day conference . Society of Petroleum Engineer; Bergen. 2018-04-18 - 2018-04-19.
- (2017) Successful Deep Water Drilling (MPD), Early Kick Detection and Performing Managed Pressure Cementing With CML (Controlled Mud Level) System in GOM and North Sea. SPE/IADC Conference and Exhibition ; 2017-03-14 - 2017-03-16.
- (2014) Real Time Kick Detection And Also Increasing Ultrasonic Caliper Accuracy By Measuring Speed Of Sound Within Drilling Fluid In The Downhole Condition. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition . Society of Petroleum Engineer; 2014-10-27 - 2014-10-29.
- (2014) Real Time Kick Detection Applying an Ultrasonic Caliper Featuring a Downhole Sonic Speed Measurement for Calibration Purposes. SPE Saudi Arabia Section Technical Symposium and Exhibition ; 2014-04-21 - 2014-04-24.
- (2013) Formation Evaluation based on Drill String Vibration Measurements Using Laboratory Scale Rig. SPE/IADC Middle East Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition . Society of Petroleum Engineer; 2013-10-07 - 2013-10-09.
- (2013) Real Time Determination of the Instability in the Borehole by Using 4D Images of the Wellbore with High Accuracy Ultrasonic Caliper. SPE/IADC Middle East Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition ; 2013-10-07 - 2013-10-09.
- (2013) Formation Changes Recognition by Real-time Monitoring of Drill String Vibrations and Mechanical Specific Energy. International Conference for Advanced Drilling Technology ; 2013-09-09 - 2013-09-10.
- (2013) Real Time Data Transmission Method for Creating 4D Wellbore Images to Monitor Wellbore Shape and Detecting Instabilities. Kuwait SPE Oil and Gas show and conference . Society of Petroleum Engineer; 2013-10-07 - 2013-10-10.
- (2013) Effect of Formations Compressive Strength on Drill String Vibrations. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2013-03-01.
- (2013) Experimental Determination of Wellbore Diameter and Shape (4D Imaging of Wellbore) by Using Ultrasonic Caliper within Different Fluids for Real-Time Drilling Application. Oil Gas European Magazine ; 2013-03-01.
- (2013) Wellbore Instability Monitoring by Using 4D Imaging of Ultrasonic Caliper Logs in Real Time Drilling. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2013-03-01.
- (2012) Accuracy of Ultrasonic Sensor in Caliper Log. IEEE, I2MTC ; 2012-03-01.
- (2012) Axial Vibration Monitoring in Laboratory Scale Using CDC miniRig and Vibration Sensor Sub. IEEE, I2MTC ; 2012-03-01.
- (2012) Determining the Accuracy of Ultrasonic Caliper Measurements for Real Time Drilling Application. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2012-10-01.
- (2012) Experimental Determination of Wellbore Diameter and Shape by Using Ultrasonic Caliper Within Different Fluids for Real Time Drilling Application. International Conference for Advanced Drilling Technology Celle Drilling ; 2012-09-01.
- (2012) Experimental Evaluation of Real Time Mechanical Formation Classification using Drill String Vibration Measurements. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2012-10-01.
- (2012) Laboratory Scale Control of Drilling Parameters to Enhance Rate of Penetration and Reduce Drill String Vibration. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2012-01-01.
- (2012) ROP Modeling Using Neural Network and Drill String Vibration Data. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2012-12-01.
- (2012) Real Time Measurement of Borehole Shape and Diameter by Using Ultrasonic Caliper in Different Drilling Fluid and Wellbore Conditions for Detecting Instabilities. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2012-11-01.
- (2012) Using Neural Network Technique to Study the Effect of Formation's Mechanical Properties on Dynamic Behavior of Drill String. International Conference for Advanced Drilling Technology Celle Drilling ; 2012-09-01.
- (2011) A Comparison of Specific Energy Consumption for Alternative and Conventional Drilling Methods. International Conference for Advanced Drilling Technology Celle Drilling ; 2011-08-01.
- (2011) An Energy Based Comparison Drilling Method. Society Petroleum Engineers ; 2011-10-01.
- (2005) Application of Drilling Optimization- A Case Study for a Well in an Iranian Offshore Oil Field. Iranian Petroleum Engineering Student Conference ; 2005-01-01.